Thread: Website design

Website design

Afternoon all,

I'm looking for the best tools to build a faily basic website with, i know HTML and i'm typicly looking for something like "Front page" since i really don't have the patience with notepad any more. Google just seems to give me crappy inbuilt website tools.

Thanks in advance,

Toccs.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 06:09 PM ----------

Just found Visual Studio 2010 Express no idea if its any good though.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-02-15 at 06:09 PM.

Open source is your friend

There are several options depending on your level of requirements.
    Eclipse is a full IDE with tons of plugins etc phpEclipse is a decent web compilation.

If you just need a simple text editor with html color highlighting editpad or notepad++ are good options.

Twitter made a decent starting point: http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

15+ Year Old Account
    Notepad++ for coding

Dreamweaver is a decent program, but I haven't used it / anything in a long time
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Notepad++ for coding

Dreamweaver is a decent program, but I haven't used it / anything in a long time
    +1 Dreamweaver, although i haven't used it since my cert 4 in multimedia that i never finished ;D

Deleted
    You could try Visual studio Web Developer if you fancy learning or you know some VB or C#. Once you learn how to use it there are some pretty amazing things you can do with it.
    -Edit-

Just read your edit. As I said above, you need to know some VB or C# for some of the features, there are thousands on guides online for creating websites, as well as beginners guides you can look at. I use it in work to create sites for our intranet, it has quite a large library of tools.
    Last edited by mmoc3f7dd81fb6; 2012-02-16 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    As somebody mentioned Dreamweaver and Notepad++ are great tools.

However i work a lot with wordpress and i think it's brilliant. There's a lot of templates available for purchase on a site called themeforest.net, usually around 35 bucks. If you just want to play around there are loads of free templates aswell.