Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Best Live Show

I have not seen every band that I have ever wanted to live, but I did see Tool in a monsoon. I doubt I will ever see anything better in my life. Stone sober.

This is a great clip of a Tool show for those fans that have not been or those unaware. Every member of Tool is a freak of nature, but in a very good way.

Next best performance I have seen was Bad Religion. It was nothing spectacular like a Tool show, but they were the best sounding band I have seen live.
    I like sandwiches

I saw Iron Maiden (Mastodon opened and it was like a year after they had released Leviathan) in 2005 like a couple weeks after I graduated.

Maiden played stuff exclusively from their first 5 albums (even Rime of the Ancient Mariner) and it was like sex. I couldn't hear very well for 2 weeks and it was completely worth it.

Deleted
    U2. There is a reason they've been going for so long and are still up there; their Live stuff is absolutely fantastic. The best gig I've seen them do was in Ireland at Slanes Castle in 2001. Superb.

A close second however would have to be Mumford & Sons, their live stuff is equally good and just charged with emotion.

Deleted
    Tool are indeed immense live, as were Metallica in their heyday (early 90s) but no-one beats PEARL JAM for live shows!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nine Inch Nails, Fragile Tour. Was an excellent show.

Rob Zombie puts on good shows too.

I've only been to one major show, which happened to be last Sunday. Went to Gigantour to see Lacuna Coil, Volbeat, Motorhead, and of course Megadeth.

Lacuna Coil is very good live, it was awesome sitting through there performance. I didn't like Volbeat that much, aside from the fact I have never heard of them. Motorhead was all right. It was also when the crowd went absolutely apeshit. Megadeth was the best out of the four, and Dave even had some fun with the crowd.

^done by CrazyTaco^
    Characters:Shirei||Alimonee||Adamaro||Velyssaval||Alyxxal||Shinafae

10+ Year Old Account
    This what I like to see from bands. Not necessarily that they are investing in their live shows, but that they get creative with visuals and other performance enhancing devices.

Would love to see U2 despite not being a huge fan. Their shows look amazing.

I saw a Metalica video "Cunning Stunts". It was amazing. Would have loved to see them back in their day.

No other show that I have seen personally compares to Tool besides maybe Pink Floyd, and I always looked at Tool like the Pink Floyd of the new millennium.
    I like sandwiches

Tool and meshuggah for me, best gigs ever
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

Beyonce. Lady gaga.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Anthrax - The sheer amount of energy is just... WOW!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Metallica live in Seattle 1989.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6oq7mOlAPY

Here's the link if you are interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't listen to them anymore, but Story of the Year has the best live show I've ever seen. They were, no idea how they are now, very energetic. I remember one time when I saw them (3 times total), the guitarist unclipped (strap locks) his guitar & threw it across the stage to the sound tech, who threw the guitar needed for the next song at the same time. He caught it, plugged in & instantly started the next song. It was so awesome.

Minus The Bear also puts on a kickass show. So do the Deftones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Nine Inch Nails, Fragile Tour. Was an excellent show.

Rob Zombie puts on good shows too.
    Some friends went and said it was amazing. I would enjoy it, but really not 2 guys I listen to. Much respect though.

I am really excited to see Mastodon and Opeth in Atlanta soon. It is an awesome venue and should be an amazing show.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    =So do the Deftones.
    Another band I really wanted to see and heard awesome things about their shows.
    I like sandwiches

Best shows I have seen are from Metallica, Iron Maiden and Rammstein

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I am really excited to see Mastodon and Opeth in Atlanta soon. It is an awesome venue and should be an amazing show.
    If Ghost is opening for the both of them (they are here), they're pretty solid too... I've heard their live show is craptastic, but I dig their music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Maiden puts on a greaat show, have seen them twice!
    U2 has a really good show too, they're not my favorite band but their show is just awesome.

If I had to pick just one, it would be Daft Punk.
    Their show is just.... it's just sooo damn awesome haha saw them on their Alive tour and it was just mind blowing

Best I've seen live was either Billy Idol or Heaven & Hell followed closely by the Scorpions or as Klaus says it "Scorpiaaaaaaaaans!" Metallica/Megadeth/Machine Head are also good.

As for the worst, def was Bruce Springsteen.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-02-16 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadmau5 has the most amazing shows.

Alice in Chains and Deftones.

Hands down, the best live show for me was Frank Turner.

The guy communicates with the audience so much; it's not really a show so much as an interaction. A regular set turned into a 3 hour extravaganza filled with crowd-played "air harmonicas", the brewery owner getting on stage to play and the audience requesting almost every song in his discography. As he said himself, "Rock and Roll isn't about some wankers playing above a crowd that's there for watching, it's about personal experiences and sharing music". Pretty sure I paraphrased that halfway accurately.

Fucking brilliant show.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-02-16 at 07:01 AM.