Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Paladin Talents Discussion Thread

Link to the updated Talent Calculator

Discuss here.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Talents
    • Speed of Light now increases the casters movement speed by 70% for 8 seconds.
    • *NEW* Eternal Flame Consumes all Holy Power to place a protective Holy flame on the target, which heals them for 2404 per charge of Holy Power every 3 sec for 30 seconds. Can be active only on one target at a time. (40 yd range, 1 Holy Power, Instant cast)
    • Sacred Shield Protects the target with a shield of Holy light for 30 sec, which increases the critical chance of your Word of Glory on the target by 30%. The shield also absorbs 5 353 damage when the target takes damage, but no more than once every 6 sec. Can be active only on one target at a time.
    • *NEW* Hand of Purity Places a hand on the friendly target, reducing the damage of harmful periodic effects by 70% for 6 sec. Players may only have one Hand per Paladin on them at any one time. (30 yd range, 7% of base mana, 1 min cooldown, Instant cast)
    • *NEW* Unbreakable Spirit When your Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Lay on Hands are on cooldown, spending Holy Power will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1% per Holy Power spent, up to a maximum of 50% reduction.
    • *NEW* Holy Prism Sends a beam of light toward a target, turning them into a prism of Holy energy. If an enemy is the prism, they take 1 581 damage and radiate 1 170 healing to 5 nearby allies within 10 yards. If an ally is the prism, they are healed for 3 509 and radiate 527 Holy damage to 5 nearby enemies within 10 yards. (40 yd range, 8% of base mana, 20 sec cooldown, Instant cast)
    • *NEW* Light's Hammer Hurl a Light-infused hammer into the ground, where it will blast a 10 yard area with Holy magic for 15 sec. Allies within the area are are healed for 6 every 2 sec while enamies take 6 Holy damage every 2 sec. (30 yd range, 1 min cooldown, Instant)
    • Selfless Healer Now reduces the cast time of your next Flash Heal by 50% each stack instead of decreasing the mana cost.
    • Sanctified Wrath now removes the cooldown on Hammer of Wrath but is now castable during Holy Wrath for all specs.
    • Clemency now also finishes the cooldown on Hand of Salvation.
    • *NEW* Execution Sentence A hammer slowly falls from the sky, causing increased Holy damage to the designated target for the next 10 seconds and culminating in a final burst of damage. (40 yd range, 1 min cooldown, Instant)

Stay of Execution
      If used on friendly targets, the falling hammer heals the target for the next 10 seconds and culminating in a final burst of healing.

Class
    • Seal of Righteousness now has an 8 yard range.
    • Seal of Truth now only works with melee attacks, causing melee attacks to deal 10% Holy weapon damage and apply Censure to the target. Censure: Deals 25 additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
    • Crusader Strike now does 100% weapon damage, down from 135%.
    • Divine Protection now reduces magical damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds but no longer reduces physical damage.
    • Rebuke now has a 15 second cooldown, up from 10.
    • *NEW* Boundless Conviction (Passive) You may store an additional 2 Holy Power beyond the maximum of 3. No ability ever consumes more than 3 Holy Power. (Learned at level 85)
    • Cleanse now removes all Poison and Disease effects. 8 sec cooldown added.

Retribution
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings now has a 3 min cooldown, down from 5 min.
    • Crusader's Zeal now has a 20% chance to proc off of autoattacks. No longer procs off of other melee attacks.
    • Templar's Verdict now does 165% weapon damage, down from 200%.
    • Sheath of Light has been renamed to Sword of Light and now increases your spell power by 100% of your Strength and grants you 5% maximum mana every 2 sec.
    • Judgements of the Bold causes your Judgement to also inflict the target with Physical Vulnerability in addition to granting you 1 charge of Holy Power. The Physical Vulnerability effect increases the physical damage taken by the target by 4% for 30 seconds.
    • Exorcism now has a 20 sec cooldown. Autoattacks no longer have a 20% chance to activate Exorcism.
    • Sanctity of Battle now also affects Hammer of Wrath.

Holy
    • Beacon of Light now has a 10 second cooldown.
    • Holy Wrath AoE range is now around a target instead of around the player.
    • Holy Radiance grants a charge of Holy Power. Cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.
    • *NEW* Holy Insight (Passive) increases your mana pool by 400%

Protection
    • Grand Crusader now also can proc off of Hammer of the Righteous. Proc chance increased to 40%, up from 20%.
    • Guarded by the Light now increases your spell power by an amount equal to 100% of your Strength, up from 60%. It also grants 5% of maximum mana every 2 sec, instead of an increased chance to hit with spells. Finally, increased mana regeneration was replaced with Word of Glory no longer being on the global cooldown.
    • Avenger's Shield now has a 9 second cooldown, down from 15 seconds.
    • Hammer of the Righteous now also applies the Weakened Blows effect. Weakened Blows reduces the targets physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 seconds. Now does 20% weapon damange, down from 30%.
    • Sanctuary also decreases all damage taken by 10% in addition to increasing the paladins armor value from items by 10%
    Last edited by Phantoms; 2012-02-16 at 07:23 AM.

Deleted
    That last tier looks fun!
    Same with the Holy Power storing ;o

These look much better than early ones. Im looking forward to these changes.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what can one say? It's awesome. We get movement increase. We get a stun. We get a slow. Yes, you read correctly, a S L O W

Also, instant FoL plus 100% effectiveness when used on others! Kinda disappointed with the third tier tho. Altho, i suppose cooldown reset is somewhat cool. Fourth tier, not sure between Holy avenger or Divine Purpose, tho both are kinda PvP and PvE respectfully.

And Execution sentence... Well, sounds awesome, let's see how practical and useful it will be!

Edit: I dare say that ret shall be unstoppable! Slow that lasts 12 sec, a stun, 70% movement increase, Hand of Freedom, reset -> Hand of Freedom again!

I suppose we can now say "FU!" to mages.

the new talent tree looks way better now and it got me actually exited to play my ret paladinn when MoP hits. I still hope something will change about the 1st tier, because seeing there is no dead zone on LAotL anymore, its going to be a no-brainer most of the times.

Deleted
    Holy is looking utterly ridiculous, like, it looks like they'll be able to do everything.

Light's hammer just looks like healing rain / holy word sanc
    If you dont want Sacred Shield, eternal flame gives them a very powerful looking HoT for tanks too
    Holy avenger lets them spam 3 HP LoD 5 times during guardian

Combine this with HR staying the same as it is now and it looks like hoyl pallies are gonna be in a very good place PvE wise... again

Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    the new talent tree looks way better now and it got me actually exited to play my ret paladinn when MoP hits. I still hope something will change about the 1st tier, because seeing there is no dead zone on LAotL anymore, its going to be a no-brainer most of the times.
    Except with Boundless conviction you might be able to make PoJ a 60% increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkMonk View Post
    Except with Boundless conviction you might be able to make PoJ a 60% increase.
    The way Boundless Conviction is worded, I highly doubt that it would work that well with Pursuit of Justice.

You almost have to think of those 2 HP saved by BC as "reserve" Holy Power. They're there, but you just can't use them until your current 3 Holy Power is used up. Meaning that PoJ would only benefit from up to 3 charges of Holy Power, not 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Insight (Passive)
    Increases your mana pool by 400%

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Holy Insight (Passive)
    Increases your mana pool by 400%
    Might mean no more int plate for pallys?

Edit: Nevermind, that must just be too offset intelligence not granting mana anymore.
    Last edited by Kayling; 2012-02-15 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Squeaks*

[Boundless Conviction] confuses me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    *Squeaks*

Basically our holy power bar goes up to 5 charges instead of 3. But our spells still only have a max of 3 holy power used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayling View Post
    Didn't they say sometime ago they weren't going away from Int Plate for a while still..?

Hello,is it only me....or "acts of sacrifice" (your cleanse removes slow effect) is completely removed? Thanks for reply

does no one notice we get WotLK Sacred Shield back + new Unbreakable Spirit, Divine Purpose moved down a tier, Fist replaces HoJ, Hand of Purity New hand skill?!?!! COME ON PEOPLE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    *Squeaks*

I'm thinking of it as "reserve" HP. It exists there in the "reserve" past 3 HP, but you can't use your "reserve" HP until your current 3 is used up. Once you use your current 3 HP, it'll take its place where you used up your 3 HP by taking it from the "reserve". No touchy the "reserve".

...that's how I'm picturing it right now, at least. Just trying to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frikusica View Post
    Hello,is it only me....or "acts of sacrifice" (your cleanse removes slow effect) is completely removed? Thanks for reply
    From the blue announcement post:

"If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin)."
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frikusica View Post
    Kaivax posted about this.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

• If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin).

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    looks great and we got some good points.
    if u noticed the blue they said that cleansing as ret will act as a root removal as ret when glyphed sounds good.

but i still don't see why they don't want to make hammer of justice a class ability instead of a talent ability. it's kind of sad to sacrifice burden of guilt for hammer of justice or the other way around. also we lost our repentance so no paladin will ever take that since it's not convincing enough. i still don't see lots of utility which i feel that we will lack most.

i am mostly concerned that paladins will no longer be able to stun the targets since every1 will go straight for burden of guilt.

what do u guys think?
    Thats FIST of justice, which as a insanely shorter cooldown, you still keep HoJ, fist replaces HoJ if u choose it

Quote Originally Posted by Kayling View Post

Edit: Nevermind, that must just be too offset intelligence not granting mana anymore.
    Im not entirety sure about that. If you check the druid balance and resto abilities they also have something just like this. But the strange thing is mages, locks, priests and shaman do not. Its got me really confused...