Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Updated talent calc

Haven't seen any thread about the talent calculator updated. It seems they added a new DoT named "Malady" (or was just me that didn't notice?). Also changed our talents that otherwise would have given us a tremendous and slightly over powered survivability.

Saw the new dot, and it doesn't seem very powerful at first glance. Wonder how it will end up working with other spells.

Looks like they just gave corruption a new name and icon, thats it...

That's not just it. A few minor things I noticed are
    Twilight Ward (Absorbs Shadow & Holy damage),
    Infernal now pick targets close to impact (Instead of baned targets),
    Unending Resolve (50% damage reduction & Interrupt protection),
    Dark Intent (Buffs all raid with 10% spellpower),
    Soul Fire (Always crits, crit chance increases damage).
    The big ones seem to be spec-specific (That sounded weird), like Demonic Fury/Metamorphosis Auras for Demo, Burning Embers/Ember Tap for Destro, etc.
    Still questions about what spells will consume demonic fury tho.

Can't stop thinking about how you could stack a bunch of embers, cast Archimonde's Vengeance with something like a "buffed" Dark Bargain and maybe Burning Rush (Not sure if would work) then healing up with Dark Regen and Mortal Coil.

Edit: My guess is you spend demonic fury on "Metamorphosis: X" spells. Still, seems like you could try and keep it up with HoG/Drain Life/Corruption/Soul Fire Spam (Overpowered Execute?)
    And the new DoT (Malady) seems to just be a early filler, as was Strike for Warriors.
    Last edited by JoeMackenroe; 2012-02-15 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Looks like they just gave corruption a new name and icon, thats it...
    Nope, this one has a 2 sec cast time. Corruption is still there, at least for demonology

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the previous talent tree... After looking this new stuff over I am rather disappointed, I liked some of the older ideas. 45 and 60 look like they lack usefulness, the costs of using all of those skills appear to me to out way the benefit.

Also, I notice corruption is missing from destro? Or did I just look over it?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Mannoroth's Fury - increases non-talent AoE radius by 200%. Wasn't this something about Shadowbolts damage everything between you and the target/splash damage effect before. That sucks, I thought that talent sounded awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Nope, this one has a 2 sec cast time. Corruption is still there, at least for demonology
    And also for Affliction. It seems that DoT usage per spec will be something like:

Affliction: Malady, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Bane of Agony
    Demonology: Malady, Corruption, Bane of Doom
    Destruction: Immolate, Auto-wand.

Deleted
    That auto-wand thing is weird. How will it work? It can fire while you are casting incinerate or soul fire, so it fires wand damage every second or will you have to stop casting for it to fire?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    That auto-wand thing is weird. How will it work? It can fire while you are casting incinerate or soul fire, so it fires wand damage every second or will you have to stop casting for it to fire?
    By the wording, it looks like it will work like Hunter's Auto-shot. Otherwise, it would be no different than the way it is now, and it would be a useless skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simenon View Post
    And also for Affliction. It seems that DoT usage per spec will be something like:

Affliction: Malady, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Bane of Agony
    Demonology: Malady, Corruption, Bane of Doom
    Destruction: Immolate, Auto-wand.
    Malefic grasp looks nuts too. Increases the speed at which dots tick by 100% for 3 seconds. That's worth to throw in there whenever you can I suppose.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 11:41 PM ----------

Also, defensive cooldown? Awesome (Lvl 64) Unending Resolve - 50% damage reduction and uninterruptable spells for 12 seconds. 3min cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I donno if anyone noticed but I found something interesting in the demonology tree. Metamorphosis no longer seems to have a time limit (working like something similar to a warrior's stance or shadowform) also at lvl 27 you get nether plating which reduces ur chance to be crit hit by 6% and increases ur armor by 600% when in demon form. so is demonlogy warlock becoming a tanking tree?

PS: I am not saying that demonology as a whole becomes a tanking tree. I'm just saying the nether ward talent makes a demonology warlock a great emergency tank.
    Last edited by DeWumpus; 2012-02-15 at 10:49 PM.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Malefic grasp looks nuts too. Increases the speed at which dots tick by 100% for 3 seconds. That's worth to throw in there whenever you can I suppose.
    That's designed to be the new filler spell for Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm
    I donno if anyone noticed but I found something interesting in the demonology tree. Metamorphosis no longer seems to have a time limit (working like something similar to a warrior's stance or shadowform) also at lvl 27 you get nether plating which reduces ur chance to be crit hit by 6% and increases ur armor by 600% when in demon form. so is demonlogy warlock becoming a tanking tree?
    No, they have clarified that the duration of Metamorphosis is determined by the amount of Demonic Fury you have when you cast it.

Deleted
    I think metamorphsis lasts as long as you have demoniac fury to spend. When it ends, you lose metamorphosis. That's how i see it at least.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf4b9154f; 2012-02-15 at 10:54 PM.

Changes that I noticed since the previous version (some of which have already been mentioned):
    New additions
    Demonic Tactics - level 1 - all specs
    Causes your Imp, Succubus and Voidwalker to behave more intelligently.

Only a few of our pets gain the effect and we don't know what it does.
    Malady - level 3 - all specs
    2 sec cast, 40yd range
    Harms the target, causing 1393 Shadow damage over 18 sec.

An extra dot for Affliction and Demonology, get replaced by Immolate for Destruciton.
    Chaotic Energy - level 10 - Destruction
    Your mana regenerates substantially faster, Soul Fire and Fel Flame cost more mana and deal 12% more damage.

Destruction will lose health from Burning Embers (see below), so I guess they want Destruction to also require less Life Taps to not lose too much health.
    Ember Tap - level 10 - Destruction
    Instant cast.
    Heals 19.29% of your health.

Another heal for Destruction that doesn't have any cooldown or cost. From the skill name my guess is that this will cost all/some of your stacked up Burning Embers.
    Auto Wand - level 17 - Destruction
    2 sec cast, 40yd range
    Automatically attack the target with an equipped wand until cancelled.

Not entirely sure what to make out of this skill. Leveling spell? Auto attack that keeps going while casting spell?
    Unbound Will - level 60 talent
    Instant cast, 20 sec cooldown
    Purges all stuns, disorients, roots and Magic effects from the Warlock.

Costs 25% of the Warlock's maximum health.

An additional, but weaker PvP-trinket cooldown, but at the cost of health.
    Alterations
    • Eye of Kilrogg is now stealthed.
    • Soul Fire now has 100% crit chance.
    • Demonic Fury now lists the gain from each spell in the tooltip. (Go check it out, I'm too lazy to copy.)
    • Curses used in Metamorphosis becomes auras that affect everyone within 20yds.
    • Burning Embers causes damage over time to the caster, forcing us to consuming it before it stacks too much.
    • Conflagrate no longer consumes Burning Embers.
    • Fire and Brimstone also affects Curses, giving Destruction a way to spread them as well.
    • Destructive Influence no longer reduces cast time of Soul Fire by a fixed amount.
    • Dark Bargain stops all damage for 10sec, of which 50% is dealt to you over 20 sec afterwards. (Previously stopped up to 20% of your health and dealt the remaining shield as damage to the caster.)
    • Burning Will, previously increased your movement speed after Life Tapping, now a toggle spell that increases movement speed until cancelled at the cost of 5% health per sec.
    • Grimoire of Sacrifice, now lasts 15min. We should no not have to resummon pets in combat.
    • Archimonde's Vengeance now gives a passive 5% damage reflect.
    • Mannoroth's Fury increases AoE radius instead of giving splash damage to fillers.

Hopefully Auto-Wand won't be a major part of our rotation, hopefully it's just included to help level the spec because I really don't want to have to heavily rely on finding a wand upgrade to do decent dps.

Also, it seems like Fire and Brimstone no longer has a CD and now also affects Curses, just like the other two specs, so all specs can aoe CoE. But, if it has no CD... holy hell destro aoe is going to rape.

One last thing, how is destro supposed to use Grimoire of Sacrifice? If Burning Embers only are consumed by Soul Fire we're pretty much stuck using a pet or having to resort to a very long cast every 30 seconds, which is hardly better than ISF...

at lvl 60 you get too pick ways too kill ureself faster! HURRAY

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Hopefully Auto-Wand won't be a major part of our rotation, hopefully it's just included to help level the spec because I really don't want to have to heavily rely on finding a wand upgrade to do decent dps.
    Wands are becoming primary weapons now and the wand/relic/ranged slot is being removed. So you would be looking for wand upgrades to do decent dps anyway.

Sakpoth made a really nice post of the latest changes, but I haven't been following from the start so here's what I could spot compared to now in case you haven't been keeping up either:

• Life Tap is straight 20% of mana (not based on amount of health lost)
    • Fel Armor now increases armor, stamina, and amount of health gained from spells and effects
    • Drain Life and Health Funnel last 6 seconds (up from 3)
    • Soulburn has a 15 second cooldown, but each possible spell can only be soulburninated once per minute
    • Drain Soul channel down to 12 seconds, restores soul shards as it ticks
    • Soul Fire penalizes you with double cast time for 30 seconds when using it on targets above 25% health
    • Eye of Kilrogg is stealthed
    • Seed of Corruption only counts damage from caster toward explosion, but appears to stack with Corruption now
    • Shadow Ward becomes Twilight Ward, absorbs holy and shadow damage
    • Infernal favors targets near impact now
    • Doomguard has a 40 yard cast range now?
    • Infernal and Doomguard last 1 minute, still 10 minute cooldown >=(
    • Soulshatter no longer costs health
    • Dark Intent is now a 10% raid spell power buff
    • Curse of the Elements no longer reduces resistances
    • Nightfall (Affliction) affects Malefic Grasp instead of Shadowbolt
    • Fel Flame increases the duration of Corruption instead of UA (Destro passively increases Fel Flame damage 12%)
    • Hellfire lasts 14 seconds (down from 15) and does less damage to the caster than enemies
    • Hand of Gul'dan instant (no cooldown, but has charges) and slows now instead of increasing demon crit
    • Conflagrate costs no mana(?) and is no longer tied to Immolate, cooldown increased to 12 seconds (from 10)
    • Rain of Fire is Destruction only and deals +50% damage to Immolated targets, no longer channeled with Aftermath at 54
    • Bane of Havoc is 2 minute cooldown, but mirrors the next 4 single target spells
    • Incinerate damage no longer affected by Immolate
    • Bane of Doom has been removed

Looks like they're still working on Destruction mechanics though. I couldn't be sure what uses the embers.
    Last edited by shoooter; 2012-02-15 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Wands are becoming primary weapons now and the wand/relic/ranged slot is being removed. So you would be looking for wand upgrades to do decent dps anyway.
    Not necessarily. We could have used a sword, dagger, staff OR wand. If auto-wand becomes part of the rotation destro will only have one weapon option.