10+ Year Old Account

Grounding Totem use in DS hc

Hello,

I am an ele shaman and recently my guild started doing DS hc (10man). With the composition requirements in 10 man, we started looking more at damage reduction abilities and raid cds and I was wondering how useful can grounding totem be. So my question is : where and when do you use your grounding totem in DS hc?

i think it can catch 1 lance from hagara's ice lance thingy. not really worth the gcds.

if it could catch corruptions stun-whose-name-eludes-me on Spine it would be worthwhile, but i'm assuming it can't or i'd have heard about it by now

Deleted
    Can only come to think of Ice Lances on Hagara as the poster above me said, Earth Elemental Totem on the other hand is a useful "Oh shit" tool on Spine heroic if your tanks/raid are getting overrun in the last moment.

It catches the shattered ice, and not the ice lances, on Hagara HC

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've used it on Hagara a few times. Was considering glyphing it, not 100% sure if it would work though.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Evect View Post
    I've used it on Hagara a few times. Was considering glyphing it, not 100% sure if it would work though.
    It works on Shatter, yeah -- reflects it back.

Deleted
    Without glyph you can catch all shattered ices, with glyph you can only catch one. Considering the fight is not a dps race its not worth bothering glyphing it.