computer gets sluggish after few hours of playign

I'll play WoW for like an hour or two, but when I move over to BF3 it begins lagging pretty badly. It's not always two specific games either. It just seems like my computer will slow down and I'll have to restart.

Specs:

Sandy Bridge i3-2100
    GTS 450
    4 GB RAM
    320 GB HDD

I would recommend first defragging your hdds (do not defrag if you use an ssd)

Secondly try either g boost or gamebooster this will turn off unnecessary services as well as defragging your ram and in general will speed up your computer.

I would also recommend getting a free program like advanced system care and running a deep fix on your computer.

C cleaner would also be good for fixing any problems in your registry and can clear your history/cookies etc.

I would also ask what resolutions and settings your running games at, the lagging could simply be that your running some of the more gpu intensive games at settings which are too high for your computer to produce playable framerates. Wow is a low gpu intensive game and depends more on your cpu.

I've been cleaning my system since I got it with CCleaner. ASC was getting annoying with the notifications and game booster made no noticeable difference.

I run League of Legends and WoW @ all high settings

BF3 is on mostly low with high texture quality, same with BF:BC2 and GTA 4.

Edit: 1366x768 res

Have you physically cleaned it out?

Have you been monitering temps?

i just got the PC mid-January, so I haven't really thought I'd have to clean it out until the third month. I run a temp monitoring software that I check whenever I see signs it's going to get sluggish. My temps have probably hit about 70 celcius (CPU) max, which is well within the limit for my CPU. that's only at max load as well, I'm usually able to play BF3 on about 45-50 celcius.