Holy PAlly vs HEroic MAdness Healing tips

hey wanted to ask if anyone has healed heroic madness of deathwing as a holy pally and have any tricks or tips
    also am i doing anything wrong that i can fix
    here are the logs of our attempts
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bwel2y5s2rjygu28/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1jn0qoibwfz1cuko/

heres our guild world of logs main page
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/118053/

are you guys doing holy radiance only when we stack or also when we are spread doi gnthe tentacle
    would love tips plz
    our resto druid is full on mana like all the time and leads the fight on heals
    while im fighting with my mana
    any ideas?
    when we are spread out my healing goes down but when we stack thatswhen i catch up or do way more healing

btw i dont have my 4 set t13 would it be better to wear 2 t12 2 t13 for the set bonuses? im also useing dmk tsunami for this fight

Deleted
    well i did the fight with 2 healers (2nd heal was a discipline priest), 1 tank (a feral was taking the 2nd impale) and 1 shadow priest but i guess thats even more helpful for you i used 2p t12/t13 and jaws of defeat hc + heart of unliving nhc.

p1 doesnt require huge amounts of healing on platform 1-3. when being spread our discipline priest was mostly smiting except for the parasite on which both of us kept healing until the target got his wayne to the bubble. apart from that hl and wog was nearly enough for healing the group. ofc i used dl to top the tank/feral before the impale.
    when stacking you should try to save up mana. i was fine using about 40% mana every platform and regging up to 100% at the beginning on the next plattform (keeping spirit trinkets running, dp and meleeing until the corruption spawns). especially druids nearly need no mana on the very first platforms which means that you shouldnt watch your hps. furthermore the group doesnt need to be topped all the time (less overheal -> more mana).
    2min cooldowns (aura mastery, protection paladin t13 4p, avenging wrath) are, in my opinion, very useful at and after the 2nd blistering tentacles when damage increases a lot. since shadow priests heal will be enough for a long time, keep using hl on the group without shadow and use, ofc, lod. you will never need to repeatly spam hr at any time if your dps is fast enough and raidcooldowns are arranged well.

your aim should be, to reach platform 4 with 100% mana. probably youve lost nozdormu on the last platform which means the bubble has gone. i still used my hand of sacrifice on the feral on impale but make sure you got singletar cds for both parasites (eg pain supp and sacrifice of your protection paladin). the meteor isnt a big thing to handle, especially with 3 healers. however, when cataclysm starts divine favor is an awesome cd since you may need to spam hr,hr,hs,lod to keep up everyone (saving mana through t13 2p + another hr breakpoint if you got enough haste on your gear). also, bloodlust may be more helpful in p2 with 3 healers (you dont even need it with 2 healers before p2).

p2 is will be like nhc except for the dmg stops at 16% and 11% before nuking the boss down for you. use all available mana hymns at the beginning of p2 together with dp/shadowfiend/innvervate (aim for 100% mana) and try to save up as much as possible for 10% and below. i had to use like 30% mana before the nuke when dmg becomes insane and your manabar shrinks rapidly at the end you may even consider singletar healing ~2-3 players instead of grouphealing to get another few seconds of dps.

i hope my first post on this forum was helpful - i just began writing what came to my mind

tl;dr:
    - dont spam hr
    - dont overheal too much
    - use cds such as avenging wrath to save up mana but make sure they are ready when really necessarry
    - dont watch your hps, platform 4 and p2 are the important things in this fight
    Last edited by mmoce10e6b48d9; 2012-02-16 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilshadow View Post
    hey wanted to ask if anyone has healed heroic madness of deathwing as a holy pally and have any tricks or tips
    also am i doing anything wrong that i can fix
    here are the logs of our attempts
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bwel2y5s2rjygu28/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1jn0qoibwfz1cuko/
    Looking at your logs it seems like your activity is a little low. You should always be casting something. If your team is not stacked up do not holy radiance. Holy shock, WoG/LoD, Divine/Holy Light. Then when stacked up in the cataclysm phases just HR, HS, Crusader Strike and LoD.

are you guys doing holy radiance only when we stack or also when we are spread doi gn the tentacle
    would love tips plz
    Never when spread. Only when stacked. Thats probably why you struggle with mana.

our resto druid is full on mana like all the time and leads the fight on heals
    while im fighting with my mana any ideas?
    Your plea usage seems good, your judgment uptime seems good.
    Your platform 4 healing is way lower than it should be so I assume thats when you're going oom?

One tip would be to use crusader strike when stacked for an extra HP every now and then - more LoDs without much mana cost.
    When stacked, don't spam HR if its going to be overhealing. No point padding meters when you struggle with mana.
    Also I prefer to use heartsong over power torrent since the last patch because of the change to judgement. Even though its a hot debate topic on the forums the mana return from heartsong exceeds power torrent so it comes down to semi-unpredictable throughput boosts.

btw i dont have my 4 set t13 would it be better to wear 2 t12 2 t13 for the set bonuses? im also useing dmk tsunami for this fight
    If your t12 pieces are helm/gloves then yes. The 2pc t12 would be good for your mana. however I would not do it if your chest shoulders or legs were your t12 because they are 410 and thats quite a heavy stat loss.

I guess having a peek at other holy pally logs and PoVs (see sticky!) is probably your best bet, to look at spell selection and CD usage. You should definitely be doing a bit more (or at least not struggling with mana with the throughput you are doing) in that gear.

I can run you through what I do but it depends what works/doesnt work with your healer composition and cd usage.

I usually use wings and DI on the first platform, wings on the second, wings and DI on the third and then wings and DI on the fourth. I like to GoaK during the bolt on fourth platform (could get another use out of it but I've never found it helpful at another time). Usually plea after every platform but if you do it earlier you can get more uses by using it during a fight (generally feels safe to do it sometime in between impales or between blisterings [70-40%]) and then conc pot at the start of the fourth.
    Doing this I've never started a platform below 90% mana.

Beacon whichever tank the corruption is on, AM the first parasite on each platform, HS/HL/DL whoever gets hit by crush.
    Once we stack up, HR as needed (try not to burn mana overhealing until youre confident you can pad meters without going OOM later), HS/crusader strike/LoD. Make sure you are standing slightly behind the stack point so that LoD and your mace proc hit everyone.

If you're already doing all this and still going oom then I guess a few things you could try to absolutely squeeze the most out of your mana is to use lay hands early on (platform1 or 2 ) so that its up later on (getting 2 uses out of it and treating it as a mana pot instead of a life saver).
    You can change to heartsong.
    Synchronize your divine pleas with your priests' hymns of hope. Plea works off maximum mana so you get the benefit of the +mana while channelling hymn.
    At the start of platform 4, if you hymn, plea, conc pot you can generally go from 30-100% mana.

These are just off the top of my head, if I think of anything else specifically i'll post again. Good Luck.

I have only done this on 25 man, so my advice may be a little off for 10 man.

I would suggest reforging to mastery for this fight. There is so much stacking up and opportunity to abuse Holy Radiance that you will find mana to be the limiting factor in your ability to push output (especially with the haste buff on the first 3 platforms). Stacking mastery (or I guess possibly crit) over haste lets you get more HPM. Plus, higher mastery is very nice in letting you more quickly stack a mastery shield on a tank that is about to take an impale - increasing his effective health.

Basically, during the tentacle burn part of each platform, you want to use a mana conservative healing rotation - HL, HS, WoG/LoD as much as possible. If the raid is spread out correctly, no one is in immediate danger of dying. The only exception is the parasite target; single target spam him. If your raid is letting the parasite go off (which apparently you can in 10 but not very safely in 25, that strategy might change). I like to save as much mana as possible to be able to go to town with HR during the blistering phases and keep the raid from bleeding out. We were using an AM for each of the blistering spawns on each platform.

On 25, I barely use Holy Radiance during the tentacle portion; at least it hits about 6-7 people and isn't highly efficient. On 10 man if you still break into groups of 3 to spread the tentacle whacks out, I wouldn't use it at all; it's not efficient.

I use Divine Plea on CD as much as possible - as long as it doesn't come off CD during either the 4th platform bolt or while blisterings are up. Otherwise, you don't want to wait for platform transitions; you can get another 2-3 usages off during the fight if you get it as close to on CD as is reasonable. There's a good 20 seconds on each platform before any damage goes off; melee as much as possible there. I also like to position myself on the wing tentacles in such a way that I can use Crusader Strike and quickly pivot back around to be in conal range for LoD and Maw healing.

Also, remember that you can use GoAK up to 3 times during this fight with proper planning. From my experience, you definitely want it up for P2 to be able to push tank healing with high Tetanus stacks. You can likely use it on the 1st and 3rd platform and again in P2.

here are our attempts for tonight
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zy526t4ncfhomdh2/
    we switched to 2 healing and our resto druid went feral to take an imapale
    i switched to mastery and i think i did better
    and suggestions for those who review todays logs plz