Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Ghostbusters 3

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81518

Bill Murray hasn't agreed to do the movie yet, but Dan Aykroyd said they're filming in the spring regardless. The movie will feature the old cast being, well, too old, so they bring in fresh bodies.

This sounds like a terrible idea. I don't know if that's nostalgia talking, but Dan and Bill made the old movies what they were. I always heard that the more recent game was the "third movie", and there wasn't going to be anymore. At this point I'm thinking that it should stay that way.

Bill Fucking Murray.

No really it won't be the same without him. Unfortunately these movies always have the same effect on me (Clicky). I was quite literally raised on this stuff. My wife doesn't quite get it, but she'll come along.

I just hope that they can find appropriate actors to at least make it live up to the title's Glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the video game was pretty good; if it was some type of spin from it, I'd probably see it. It may be a brilliant disaster; regardless, I love the series and I'd see it (especially if Mr. Murray was on board).

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Most movies tend to get worse with every sequel.
    I'd like to think this statement is not always true. Nerdy films I like come to mind like Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc. But perhaps the second two do not count because they are based on excellent (in my opinion) books. What about the Godfather movies or Oceans etc? Just wondering your opinion lol.

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

"Sigh" I'll wait to see it before passing judgment, but Hollywood is really stretching for ideas lately.
    Not a fan of "the old timers need young blood to carry out their legacy" type of thing, and reeks of trying to cash in on the nostalgia of a fan favorite and then "revamp" and whore out the title for future movies.

Or I could be pleasantly surprised and they may actually make it a good movie, with a bit of a bittersweet and comedic send off for actors I grew up watching (Dan, Bill, etc..)

Starring Keannu Reeves as Dr. Raymond Stantz. Jay Baruchel as Egon Spengler, and Channing Tatum as Peter Venkman

15+ Year Old Account
    There have been rumours of this for years and years. I guess they'll finally put it out there. I'm kinda nervous about this project personally. If it turns into a CG-fest it will be bad. The first two movies did well because of the cast, not the content. The content was pretty bad if you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    There have been rumours of this for years and years. I guess they'll finally put it out there. I'm kinda nervous about this project personally. If it turns into a CG-fest it will be bad. The first two movies did well because of the cast, not the content. The content was pretty bad if you think about it.
    this is true, but then again that was the charm aboutt he old ghostbusters movies, they shouldnt try to change that either

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    this is true, but then again that was the charm aboutt he old ghostbusters movies, they shouldnt try to change that either
    Right, but Hollywood believes that the audience wants to go to the movies to see cool special effects. They shove it down peoples throats at every turn.

Anyways, I'm not going to criticize the project when I haven't seen anything. I'm just worried, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81518

Bill Murray hasn't agreed to do the movie yet, but Dan Aykroyd said they're filming in the spring regardless. The movie will feature the old cast being, well, too old, so they bring in fresh bodies.

This sounds like a terrible idea. I don't know if that's nostalgia talking, but Dan and Bill made the old movies what they were. I always heard that the more recent game was the "third movie", and there wasn't going to be anymore. At this point I'm thinking that it should stay that way.
    I disagree I am a huge fan and my son is the biggest ever and hes 7. I hope he comes on, but it pisses me off Bill Murray is being a tool about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    I disagree I am a huge fan and my son is the biggest ever and hes 7. I hope he comes on, but it pisses me off Bill Murray is being a tool about this.
    I think he's probably thinking the same thing most people are. That this movie might tarnish the Ghostbuster franchise. Does he want to be a part of that? Hopefully if the script is good he will join up, but I don't fault the guy for being cautious when it comes to screwing up a good series.

Saw Murray during the Scream Awards 2010 and he still looks cool in the gb suit.

But GB3 with a new cast... please no. The cast is what made these movies fun to watch.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    Actually, he is being pretty level headed about it. He pretty much knows that it will never live up to the previous films and said something to the effect of "Who would want to see a bunch of old men running around fighting ghosts?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear lord please let Alyssa Milano actually be in this movie. The rumors are everywhere, hell I think even IMDB has a few casting rumors but Alyssa was my favorite. Seeing her sexy ass in a GB jumper with a proton pack RAWR!

Honestly, I am very optimistic about this movie. Here's the thing, the first two movies and the recent video game were all written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, and they were, in my opinion, all excellent. These two...they know how to write a good movie, I have all the faith in the world in them writing another good Ghostbusters movie. I can't help but shudder, however, when I think about the new Ghostbusters being represented by folks like Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Jack Black. All fine actors, I enjoy many of their movies, but they're probably mostly known for recognizably goofy facial expressions. Ghostbusters always had tons of humor, but goofy facial expressions were very limited, and...I dunno, I hope they cast well.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Honestly, I am very optimistic about this movie. Here's the thing, the first two movies and the recent video game were all written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, and they were, in my opinion, all excellent. These two...they know how to write a good movie, I have all the faith in the world in them writing another good Ghostbusters movie. I can't help but shudder, however, when I think about the new Ghostbusters being represented by folks like Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Jack Black. All fine actors, I enjoy many of their movies, but they're probably mostly known for recognizably goofy facial expressions. Ghostbusters always had tons of humor, but goofy facial expressions were very limited, and...I dunno, I hope they cast well.
    Well thankfully, it sounds like Akroyd is taking the casting pretty seriously since he mentioned Matthew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds who is a pretty unknown name. I hope this mean he is thinking of casting based on who fits the character and not simply stunt casting based on getting more big named attached.

I hope Bill Murray eventually agrees to do it, he was my favorite actor in the movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually can't wait for this movie im a huge Ghostbusters fan i played the Ghostbusters game for Xbox 360 like 50 times and played the multiplayer and i never get tired of that game. Not only is the gameplay awesome but the story is too for obvious reasons. But anyway i really hope Bill Murray and the rest of the original cast end up in the movie. Bill Murray is awesome but hes being a jerk face about not being in Ghostbusters 3. But i read somewhere a while ago that he was going to be like a ghost or something, unless that was false information. Even if Bill Murray doesn't cast in the movie (which i hope he does) i think Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis will do a good job, they know what they're doing.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am not really sure how I feel about this one.
    On one hand Ghostbusters is amazing, and the actors really did make the movies what they have become, so scrapping them to bring in new/younger characters seems like sacrilege.
    On the other hand I feel that the Ghostbusters franchise still has a lot of potential, and it may be squandered by holding on too tightly to the nostalgia.
    Whatever they choose to do I just hope that they put their hearts into it, and don't try to use it as a quick cash grab.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many times has this idea been cancelled?

Murray said he would only do it as a cartoon. That makes more sense to me.