Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Great, Rogues are still shit with ShS and Prep on the same tier. Glad I unsubbed.

The Art of War - Your autoattacks have a 20% chance of resetting the cooldown of your Exorcism.

EDIT: @Mineth: God forbid that Rogues are actually balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Holy
    • *NEW* Holy Insight (Passive) increases your mana pool by 400%

This was my thought as well. I would assume a situation similar to Elemental/Resto, or Balance/Resto, where you have a healer spec sharing gear with a damage dealing spec.

Interesting, if they choose to go the route of making Holy Paladins share gear with Retribution Paladins.

You just blew my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Would be nice if people read changes for all classes before bitching about damage reduction But what could you expect from this community

Tbh the talent system was fine before when you could put talents into any tree even now its just getting worst and worst everyone will have the exact same talents in mist and its gonna be plain boring to play, i really dont see what the point of changing something that doesnt need changing
    So much DERP.
    Okay, while I'm seeing discussions on different talent-choices depending on SITUATION, you're free to go to wowpopular and copy-paste the most used pvp or pve spec.

God, people are so narrowsighted it's hilarious
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-02-16 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by priestalisha View Post
    I am greatly disappointed with the fact these abilities appear to say they're going with the number crunch option. This means it will be near impossible to solo anything, and thus acquiring certain old school items will become near impossible without finding the ever-so-rare like minded people to assist you. R.I.P. soloing old raids / 2-3 manning semi old raids.
    I dont think it will kill soloing old content. We just won't solo cataclysms content soon in MoP.

But these changes will be interesting

why are all these DK's whining about getting 'nerfed'?!?!?!?Icy Grip: Reduces the cooldown of your Death Grip spell by 15 sec and causes your Death Grip to reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 6 sec ARE YOU KIDDINGME???? not to mention a fire and forget execute? fuck hero classes and this expansion.

Deleted
    I... I am actually pretty Intrigued by these class changes. There's a lot to be said against a lot of these changes, and it also seems that the numbers reflected are those before the great smoosh, I think.A lot of these can make for quite a lot of interesting new tactics all over.

Deleted
    Unshackled Fury - Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 1.40% (down from 5.60%) Why do they even bother to nerf furys mastery since it has been a completely useless stat anyway since t11? Pff.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this "tripple"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeregon View Post
    Man, they better know what they are doing. DK are the only once who only get nerfed!
    You wanna actually CHECK IF ITS TRUE before you make stupid posts like this? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    Unshackled Fury - Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 1.40% (down from 5.60%) Why do they even bother to nerf furys mastery since it has been a completely useless stat anyway since t11? Pff.
    maybe because they're decreasing damage across the board.

Just a hunch.

And maybe they'll even consider changing fury mastery again
    and again
    and again
    and again

that's pre-alpha for ya
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Calm now also increases the damage of your Heroic Strike and Cleave effects by 50% while it is active
    Think i just reported the post *hides*
    Feel free to report anything we missed in the comments!
    I think my brain stopped arround the point of feel free to report.. and didnt read the part of in the comments! Sorry

anyways this line it states also what is besides heroic strike and cleave increased? Since the talent calculator purley talks about those.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-02-16 at 09:26 AM.

But when and if these changes come few weeks before actual expansion is releases, what happens to current raiding with such "nerfs"?

Deleted
    Having playing a mage since Wow classic, I can say that I don't like the new mage talents of this update.
    I didn't like also the old-new talents announced for mop previously, but i think the updated (16feb) talents are better than the previous mists talents.

The sheep tier is gone, which is a good change.
    But if you count them, there are 7 forst talents, 7 arcane talents, and 4 fire talents.
    I think there should be more fire talents, 6 of each would be the ideal combination, but i don't know if this is a only mage problem or happens in all classes.

As an arcane mage, i dislike them because of the 6 choices i can do, there are 5 of that chooses that i choose because there is not anything better, not because i lik what i'm choosing or think it is usefull at some point.

Looking at those talents, i would prefer the actual (cataclysm) model of talents to be used in mop. It's not perfect, but it's far far far better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amplified-hate View Post
    Looking at those talents, i would prefer the actual (cataclysm) model of talents to be used in mop. It's not perfect, but it's far far far better.
    Copy-paste spec from wowpopular is not better.
    But hey, people went ape-shit over trees being reduced to 31 points, and locking people to that tree until level 69

and woah, a couple of days later people had adapted.

And there aren't really spec-biased talents (well, some are), but for mages you're free to take a frost talent for control. that's what they offer.
    arcane talents are for mana, Fire usually for AoE purposes

question is what blizzard does to bonuses to one's chosen spec, probably removed
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-02-16 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    *Psychic Scream causes enemies to flee for 1 min.*

1 minute....sure :-P

*Dispel Magic now has a 8 second cooldown. Mana cost decreased to 3%, down from 16%.*

Okay..first it was useless due to the mana costs...now it's useless due to cooldown(sorry...if I see how many buffs enemies have then I need what: a minute just to dispell them? Wasted time).
    For offensive dispel:
    If other offensive dispels (purge/spell steal) get a cooldown as well, then it doesnt really matter.

For defensive dispel:
    Shaman got the 8 second cd as well. We can assume druid and paladin will get a 8 sec soon(tm).
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

I've always been one to hold back on the criticism and try and be constructive in all my posts, but imo Blizzard's design decisions are just getting worse and worse. For example, with this new talent build they've removed one of the better ideas they had for hunter passives, (the choice between slows, focus regen, and stacking poison), and instead added yet another meaningless 'X-damage' keybind to a class that is already overburdened with keybinds to the point of nigh unplayability.

They should be streamlining the classes instead of adding very, very situational abilities that only serve to make the classes more generic. (Rogue ranged attacks? Seriously?!) If they are listening to the players as they claim, what on earth are they hearing? People want genuine choices to make, yet they can only watch as each class is becoming more and more fixed into a simple template. All player choice, as limited as it was in the first place, is being taken away.

And for those who say it's still early, there's going to be a massive overhaul, etc, you have very short memories. They butchered the trees from Wrath, and no matter what final changes they made for Cata, they failed with the talents because they didn't listen to the feedback. Choosing 31 out of 35-40 options was never going to work, no matter what the actual talents were, and this is a similar situation. It is soooo frustrastingly easy to fix, yet Blizzard either lack the imagination or simply don't want to put in the effort.

On a side note: Guild Wars 2 cannot arrive soon enough...
    Last edited by ArcticBlade; 2012-02-16 at 09:34 AM. Reason: paragraphs were somehow meshed together

What we need to do is post our criticisms in a constructive, well thought-out manner on the official forums in the relevant topics, if there are already existing topics on whatever you want to talk about. Otherwise you can obviously just make the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlade View Post
    I've always been one to hold back on the criticism and try and be constructive in all my posts, but imo Blizzard's design decisions are just getting worse and worse. For example, with this new talent build they've removed one of the better ideas they had for hunter passives, (the choice between slows, focus regen, and stacking poison), and instead added yet another meaningless 'X-damage' keybind to a class that is already overburdened with keybinds to the point of nigh unplayability. They should be streamlining the classes instead of adding very, very situational abilities that only serve to make the classes more generic. (Rogue ranged attacks? Seriously?!) If they are listening to the players as they claim, what on earth are they hearing? People want genuine choices to make, yet they can only watch as each class is becoming more and more fixed into a simple template. All player choice, as limited as it was in the first place, is being taken away. And for those who say it's still early, there's going to be a massive overhaul, etc, you have very short memories. They butchered the trees from Wrath, and no matter what final changes they made for Cata, they failed with the talents because they didn't listen to the feedback. Choosing 31 out of 35-40 options was never going to work, no matter what the actual talents were, and this is a similar situation. It is soooo frustrastingly easy to fix, yet Blizzard either lack the imagination or simply don't want to put in the effort. On a side note: Guild Wars 2 cannot arrive soon enough...
    I can guarantee that they know more what the game needs than you do.

People talking about NERFS when we arent even in alpha? Really? Nerfs? This is a whole redesign there arent nerfs. Dont even think of looking at these notes and compare them to the today situation.