Low DPS problem, our mage friend have..

Hello dear uncontrollable damage dealers, blinkers of world of warcraft

I dont play a mage but I lead a raid with a mage in it, and he doesnt have great english skills, so i'm here to ask advice from the pros about his low dps.

We aimed for the 1505 haste (with 4p t13) and go all the way crit after that point. His rotation is taken from this very forum's fire mage compendium but he's still too low on the charts and logs. I cant post links directly so if Good guy greg helps me about it, it would be appreciated

Armory: eu battle net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/jrholydark/advanced

WoL: www worldoflogs com/reports/ip65vb2padivhs64/

Thanks for you time and help in advance, I hope you could see the problem that i cant see on the armory and/or the logs.

// Varol the Shaman - Dunemaul EU

Deleted
    i cant find any faults, except the untypical hit --> mastery reforge (ring) all is fine. maybe he could get the 17% in better constelation. I am tierd of logs today so far i would suggest it could be his gameplay (i check tomorrow :P)

Deleted
    Even after 1505 haste, haste remains better than mastery so reforge mastery to crit on legs and bracers mastery to hit

His weapon is not very good, even though its a DW wep, Either get the staff or better yet Haggras one for its stats
    I presume DTR is out of the que

Yep DTR isnt an option for our mage friend, and we used wowreforge.com to handle the reforges so I should blame that website

Deleted
    don't blaim the website, you sould imput and edit the stats wanted for your spec

Quote Originally Posted by Danfarce View Post
    don't blaim the website, you sould imput and edit the stats wanted for your spec
    As I said we used the 1505 haste cap and gave higher weight to crit compared to haste (post 1505) and mastery. Being haste > mastery after 1505 spot.

Also he was using the valor trinket (Bottled Wishes) and I made him use the DMC:V because with Bottled Wishes the lowest haste we could achieve was 1750ish.

Deleted
    Bottled wishes is also terrible for everything exept spine

if he is serious about raiding tell him to get a different profession, mining does nothing for dps

take a few people to lfr to try and get him the trinket off yor'shaj

Deleted
    From looking at the log, there isn't anything major that seems to be wrong. I looked at the Ultrax log as that's the best one to compare DPS to.

He only used 1 pot so he either only pre-potted, and forgot to use it again during Heroism or the other way round. I hope you're counting down using DBM or something to allow people to pre-pot and pre-cast. With a 5 second pull timer, he should be doing:

5-4 > Mirrors
    4-3 > Use Volcanic Potion
    2-3 > Cast Pyroblast
    Pull > Flame Orb then LB. The tank should be pulling the boss just as or just before the Pyro hits.

This won't give a major DPS increase over the whole fight but it means he doesn't have to scorch the 5% debuff on the boss, he'll have a Pyro dot up and possibly a good ignite right away meaning he could use Combustion early.

Make sure he's using some sort of Combustion addon and only popping Combustion on good Ignites - 15k+. Myself though, usually go for 18k+ but have CombustionHelper set to 20k+ so I dont miss those juicy ignites. Don't wait too long for a really good Ignite though, if combustion is up it's sometimes better to just use it on a 15k ignite rather than wait 1-2 mins for a 20k.

As for his armory, well the LFR version of Insignia would really help, especially at the start of a fight for the first combustion. Not only that but either getting the trash offhand or Hagara's staff would be a good upgrade. And if he/you are wanting to literally max him out, stick epic gems in everything - noticed some of his gear has already which is good but there are still 11 Inferno Rubies being used, meaning thats a potential 110 intellect gain just by changing those.

TL;DR - Logs look ok, nothing majorly wrong. Only some minor changes on Armory would help. Looks like he's had some bad RNG or just needs to better his playstyle.

Can you pre-cast pyro on Ultraxion? Can't attack it on the rogue until combat starts, so I never tried it on the mage.

Deleted
    you can wait for ultraxion he just lands he doesnt attack you