A story of tragedy

I write this story for myself. Not for people’s sympathy or compassion but to try and make sense of the world, a story of tragedy that I am still trying to understand, something that I can only write because of my anonymity on the internet.

This story revolves around two people, a boy and a girl as these stories always go. The boy grew up in a normal family and so did the girl, happy families with caring parents and good friends.

Both the boy and the girl lived life as they saw fit, they married and enjoyed life. But eventually as with all things with youth, both marriages ended and the boy and girl separated from their partners and went about their lives.

As time passed both boy and girl live life as they saw fit but as fate would have it they met each other by chance. The boy was instantly smitten by the girl but was too shy to convey his feelings; the girl charmed by the boy was impressed but withheld her thoughts. As with all things in life, you can never ignore the obvious for long and both boy and girl fell in love with each other. Time passed and their love grew, they talked, they flirted and the dated. Then after some years they both snuck away and secretly wed, returning to normal life and their families with the happy news.

Years passed again and their love continued to grow they started to think of their individual futures and their future together, their decision was to start a family together. They tried to start a family, and they tried for many years but it was never to happen, when finally they turned to modern medicine to help it was a hard time for both of them but they persevered and finally were successful. The girl was pregnant the world changed forever.

Elated with the success, the boy and girl further planned their future together and bought a new home, one big enough for the family they were expecting. But then a couple of months later even better news arrived, their baby was not one but two and the now happy couple were informed the girl was carrying twins. With not one but two babies on the way their plans for a house had to change, a new house was planned and put forth into development.

With one high leading to the next, a few months later the news came forth that the twins were 1 boy and 1 girl, happiness all round the boy and girl counted their blessings. The newly chosen house was nearing completion, big enough for the whole family.

Finally the day arrived and the new house was complete just in time as well because the babies were only weeks away. The girl though during this time experienced horrible morning sickness with headaches and vomiting but such is life when having twins.

But here the story turns for the worse, only 9 weeks from delivery the girl was still having intense headaches and nausea, the boy concerned about his wife took the girl to a hospital and there only one week ago from today the horrible discovery was made. A shadow on the x-ray. A black dot on the girls frontal lobe, further test reveal a growth. Cancer.

Six days have passed since then and during that time the girls’ health has deteriorated greatly, a girl who was once strong and happy is no longer able to speak or move, her eyes struggle to see but unable to focus, she must lie in bed wearing a diaper unable to eat or barely move.

The boy is traumatised, barely able to keep himself together and unable to understand why such a thing could happen to his beloved wife, families from both sides curse the earth but must hide their tears and put in a brave face.

There are no options left; no more time to waste, action must be taken but at a great cost. The unborn children may be saved but their mother must suffer, the outlook is bleak.

All involved now sit and wait, wait for the unfortunate fate to unfold. Everyone hoping but secretly knowing the outcome soon, can’t be good.
    I write this with tears because the boy is my brother and the girl his wife, a woman i think of as my sister but to early at the end of her life. I sit here drinking but it doesn’t dull the pain, my attempts to ignore the inevitable are all in vain.

But tomorrow is a new day and I must put on a brave face, for my brother, for my family for my sister. I hope for the best.

My regret, is not saying I love you before today.

Deleted
    Well if I can give my personal opinion, if there's a change the girl can survive this by taking away the twins, you know teh typical mother or children question, choose to keep the wife. In my opinion the unborn children aren't alive yet, even though in the exact definition of the word they are. If your brother has to choose between two evils, imo saving his wife's life is the lesser of two evils.

But I'm not a doctor of course so I don't know if his wife can be saved at all. Best thing to do is look at it in a realistic way, not an optimistic or pessimistic way even though it's a lot easier to lean towards one side or the other. False hope in the end isn't hope at all in my opinion.

Either way I hope he can keep either his wife or the children, preferably both of course.

Best of luck in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well if I can give my personal opinion, if there's a change the girl can survive this by taking away the twins, you know teh typical mother or children question, choose to keep the wife. In my opinion the unborn children aren't alive yet, even though in the exact definition of the word they are. If your brother has to choose between two evils, imo saving his wife's life is the lesser of two evils.

But I'm not a doctor of course so I don't know if his wife can be saved at all. Best thing to do is look at it in a realistic way, not an optimistic or pessimistic way even though it's a lot easier to lean towards one side or the other. False hope in the end isn't hope at all in my opinion.

Either way I hope he can keep either his wife or the children, preferably both of course.

Best of luck in the near future.
    Thanks for your wishes, but at this point it's no longer matter of save one or the other. Being only 9 weeks premature the twins will be saved (hopefully), but their mother is starting to fail to quickly.

Although we all wish for the best outcome possible, the odds are quickly gorwing against that. Originally surgery was going to be held off until closer to the due date for the babies, but now surgery will have to be within the next 24 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    Thanks for your wishes, but at this point it's no longer matter of save one or the other. Being only 9 weeks premature the twins will be saved (hopefully), but their mother is starting to fail to quickly.

Although we all wish for the best outcome possible, the odds are quickly gorwing against that. Originally surgery was going to be held off until closer to the due date for the babies, but now surgery will have to be within the next 24 hours.
    Well with current technology the babies should be relative safe as they can do quite amazing things really. Quite a tragic situation and one can only hope fate, if you want to call it like that, doesn't bring me or anyone I know in a similar situation.

Well with current technology the babies should be relative safe as they can do quite amazing things really. Quite a tragic situation and one can only hope fate, if you want to call it like that, doesn't bring me or anyone I know in a similar situation.
    I really hope something like this doesn't happen to anyone in the future to be honest. A week ago I probably wouldn't have cared either way being my normal cynical self, but after having to watch a loved one go from healthy and happy, to near death in the space of a week because of something completely out of anyone’s control or reasoning. Well, it's a very eye opening, painful and humbling experience.

But what is worse than everything I'm feeling is watching my brother. The pain I saw on his face today when he was holding her in that hospital bed. Fuck it. Fuck it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    I really hope something like this doesn't happen to anyone in the future to be honest. A week ago I probably wouldn't have cared either way being my normal cynical self, but after having to watch a loved one go from healthy and happy, to near death in the space of a week because of something completely out of anyone’s control or reasoning. Well, it's a very eye opening, painful and humbling experience.

But what is worse than everything I'm feeling is watching my brother. The pain I saw on his face today when he was holding her in that hospital bed. Fuck it. Fuck it all.
    Well each day is pulling a straw and hoping you (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't pull on the shortest straw. People have the need to control things, but some things just aren't controllable (yet), it's just hoping we can in the (near)future.

I can't even begin to imagine how it must be for you or your brother. It's unimaginable why things like this happen on a daily basis all around the world, yet there is nothing or no one to blame either. I hope your brother can find some sort of comfort in spending the perhaps last hours or days with his wife and wish him the best of luck with his children.

I might come off rude now, but his life and hopefully that of their children continues and while it's an event in his life that he will and shouldn't ever forget, it's not the end. One can only hope he finds a spot for the pain he has to go through and another spot for the happiness he can still find in life.

Well each day is pulling a straw and hoping you (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't pull on the shortest straw. People have the need to control things, but some things just aren't controllable (yet), it's just hoping we can in the (near)future.

I can't even begin to imagine how it must be for you or your brother. It's unimaginable why things like this happen on a daily basis all around the world, yet there is nothing or no one to blame either. I hope your brother can find some sort of comfort in spending the perhaps last hours or days with his wife and wish him the best of luck with his children.

I might come off rude now, but his life and hopefully that of their children continues and while it's an event in his life that he will and shouldn't ever forget, it's not the end. One can only hope he finds a spot for the pain he has to go through and another spot for the happiness he can still find in life.
    No it's ok. There's no one to blame in this, maybe that's why it feels so bad. It's always easier to accept something when there is someone or something to blame, or there’s a reason why. But in this situation and others like it there is no boogy man, there is no reason, it’s just life.

And yeah there is the future to think of, but right now in the back of my mind and everyone else is that nagging thought, that knowledge of ‘might’ happen although we all hope it won’t.

I guess the best way I can describe it is like an itch that you just can’t scratch, you know the itch is there but you can’t find it, you can ignore the itch but it’s still there itching away in the back of your mind.

I dunno the whole thing is a mess. I’m going afk now, not because of anything you’ve said but it’s just getting a bit much

This is one of the reasons why I get so damned pissed at people who tell those who are suffering and struggling just to make ends meet that they just didn't work hard enough. Sometimes life just throws a blow that will just decimate you and there is nothing you can do but take the hit. You can't control everything in your life, all you can do is pray you live to take another punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqPwR39VMh0&ob=av2e

Mayhaps this song'll help your brother get through this ordeal, whatever the outcome. Because when life has you down all you can do is just keep on doing your best, as that's all anyone can every ask of you. The lyrics have helped me get through my share of tough ordeals as they remind me that sometimes, life just plain fucking sucks and there isn't a damned thing you can do about it but wake up the next day and keep trying your best.

I'm sorry. We never have as much time as we think we do.