Mastery will be the strongest stat for warlocks on MOP?

I just realized those new changes can do mastery the strongest stat... Or I missunderstood it?

From what I read on the main page seems Affliction will benift from Mastery.

"Potent Afflictions - Now increases the damage of Bane of Agony, Corruption and Unstable Affliction by 13%. Each point of Mastery increases this damage by an additional 1.63%."

If they will be *thumbs up* blizzard, cba be all the time reforging and spend loads of gold like I have to do on Dragon Soul nowadays. I miss the days that I was playing affliction/demonology without having to reforge in all raids.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-02-16 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that different from the current Potent Afflictions? That it's bad because it doesn't include filler or pet damage? Without knowing so much as the basic rotations, there's no way of even begining to even speculate what stats might be best.

Deleted
    While it's just speculation at this point, I really hope I will be able to switch from Destro to Demo for a certain Boss without reforging my whole gear ...

Until we have numbers we can be sure of then we can only guess at the benefits of any given stat.
    I thought the intent also was to prevent one stat being so superior, so making "eyeballing" potential upgrades easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Until we have numbers we can be sure of then we can only guess at the benefits of any given stat.
    I thought the intent also was to prevent one stat being so superior, so making "eyeballing" potential upgrades easier.
    Look what that did to JC and gemming. Making direct ilvl upgrades was the reason primary stats ended up so powerful, and actually made matters worse rather than better. Especially when they ended up failing to make items completely, or simply of Heroic quality at some tiers.

I could see affliction mastery being more useful than it is today potentially. Considering that at the moment at least part of the benefit of the filler spell is its secondary effect on dots (note that Malefic grasp does less damage than shadow bolt unless scaling pushes it over at lvl 90), though I don't know how it compares to current shadow embrace. Also it will be dependent on how powerful Sacrifice ends up being.

Really does not matter much at this point though as numbers are far from final and we don't even have the complete picture.
    Last edited by Obsidian9; 2012-02-16 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoror View Post
    While it's just speculation at this point, I really hope I will be able to switch from Destro to Demo for a certain Boss without reforging my whole gear ...
    A haste heavy gear set is fine for demo. Of course mastery is better. But not by a huge margin. It just isn't practical to keep reforging if you're playing multiple specs. If you are playing Affliction MS and demo OS, just keep your reforging to haste.

Let's not try and guess at theorycrafting before we actually know anything.