Deleted

Post Resto: 2892 Haste for HR-tick woth it?

Heyho!

I was playing around with some reforges today and calculated a few things.

I saw that I could get very close to the 2892 hasteplatau (goblin) for the next HR-tick by swapping enchants, gems and using the Ele-Chest together with the Resto-Legs. This would bring me to 2635 haste, so i would still need about 250 haste.

From, this point, I can go 3 different routes for reaching the plateau:

1. I could use the VP-feet instead of the DS-hero ones and take the VP-ring with hit on it - I would have to replace one or two orange with pure yellow gems this way (sounds bad ._.)

2. I could take the static-haste/sp-on-use trinket für VP over my Jaws of Defeat (I hate trinkets without static int)

3. I could just drop a lot of int via gems (sounds a bit like option 2, just a lot more awful)

So, do you guys think any of those options would be viable? I know, all three have their drawbacks, but do you think the extra tick for HR would justify any of those options? I don't want do discuss Mastery <> Haste here, just wanna experiment a bit and see if it would be fun to run with such a haste-heavy build

Oh, here is my armory, for those who might ask for it: eu.battleOnet/wow/en/character/teldrassil/Quahn/advanced
    Thanks a lot in advance!

PS: Not a native english speaker, so plx don't troll me on that ^^

Deleted
    Short answer no.

Long answer, the amount of mastery you would lose would be very large, an extra HR tick makes it tick an 8th time, increasing its overall healing by 12.5%. You would lose over 12.5% Mastery I'd say, and even if you didn't, thats only the Mastery heal bonus lost on HR, let alone other spells. Mastery is much more use.

it would be nice if you want to be the master sniper heal, other than that, stay with mastery.

Nope. I was raiding with 1860 haste before for the lower cap and have reforged to over 2500 haste for last night's raid. Wow, I had no mana!

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies so far!

Long answer, the amount of mastery you would lose would be very large, an extra HR tick makes it tick an 8th time, increasing its overall healing by 12.5%. You would lose over 12.5% Mastery I'd say, and even if you didn't, thats only the Mastery heal bonus lost on HR, let alone other spells. Mastery is much more use.
    I thought about that as well, but haste does not only improve my HPS by buffung HR, but also by greatly buffing my CH, which would by nice in some those AOE-Heavy fights we see in DS. Also, the 12,5 % mastery do only apply if the target is at minimum health, so I don't think the amount of mastery% lost is exactly the amount of output I loose. Manaregen could be an issue, but I was running with something like 2k haste for quite a long time and had absolutely no mana-issues - although 900 Haste more could be another thing ^^

Anyway, I must admit that it seems more likely that so much haste will lower my healing done in the end, but I wasn't able to find some definite answers in this - and I kinda like the idea of putting all i have in one stat to experience my toon in some other way

Very well worth it, for those who complain that you're losing 12.5% mastery, you're forgetting that haste is going to perform just as well if not better than that Mastery anyway

Even better if you can get the seal off of Zonozz, with the 2904 Haste proc, you can put your haste at around 2420 (if youre goblin) and get 8 healing rain ticks during procs....power aura that crap too so you know when to use it!
    Last edited by Gendori; 2012-02-17 at 02:17 AM.

If all you ever do is LFR: yes.

If you plan to do any normal or heroic modes: no.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

If it is worth reaching the 2892 cap is highly dependable on a) Normal or HCs a1) Which HMs ? HMs like Ultra, Spine (to some degree also depending on what your assignement is / if you hpala is single target healing or going bonkers with HR spam) and Madness.

I agree that on paper it isn't "worth" it, and that mastery will yield a better result along with being more efficient, however, if you are floating around in ilvl 400 along with your fellow raiders, well, then depending on the encouter it might be worth it.

E.g. Ultra - If you get the green then yes, I will argue that with the current gear levels haste will grant you a better result than mastery. Because fof this:
    1) Your HR ticks will be lower, however, since mastery isn't kicking in and becomes amazing before the last 1min - 1½min,.
    2) You will be able to dish out slightly more DPs, which can help you make it a kill. Whoever tells you that healers, and espeicially shamans, never should DPS is just plain wrong, ignore them.
    3) If you want to play around with haste, you will need Focused Insight and make it a habit to cast it before applying a HR.

Remember, mastery will not be that useful for the majority of a fight, if people never is not smashed below 70ish% often, and instead of becomming a fight to keep people alive it becomes a fight for the precious HPs. Nonetheless, it is a far more complicated equation - and despite you might seem to push low overall HPs and you feel useless, you might be the "saviour" of the day since when the fight gets hard - the shaman will get harder. And yes, for a majority of fights an extra HR tick will just "steal" HPS from druids / Hpalas (burn) and when the tank takes a beating you won't be able to dish out 100k crits and he will die.

Summary: In short, no it is usually not worth going for the extra tick, beside a few encounters, and only if you can optimize it appropiately.
    The long answer - Maybe, however, for it to work you will need an agressive playstyle - with heavy reliance on TC / Shocking with keeping HR down and "only" dishing out healing whenever it is needed and not just to "land your heals" before the druids hots tick in - the priests CoH comes of CD.
    Nonetheless, this healing style is mostly used in the beginning for new content since DPs is often a issue, where as now it is mainly about people pushing their DPs to 90% - 95% instead of 70% of their max.

Edit.
    If you want more ticks on HR you could boost your haste to 1130 so you reach 50% haste raidbuffed and under the influence of 4-set / Hero / Lust/ Warp which grants you 2 extra HR ticks along with an extra EFL and a couple of extra ticks on Rip. It is quite nifty if you can "control" it and knows when the extra healing will come in handy dandy.
    Last edited by Eijnar; 2012-02-17 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Kapow

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnar View Post
    1) Your HR ticks will be lower, however, since mastery isn't kicking in and becomes amazing before the last 1min - 1½min,.
    Your healing output doesn't really matter for the first 4-5 minutes, though. If you are in any way having trouble keeping the raid up before the five minute mark, they'll all drop dead instantly once Ultraxion goes unstable and you're not going to ever kill him anyway. Gear for the 5:00 - 6:00 segment of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnar View Post
    2) You will be able to dish out slightly more DPs, which can help you make it a kill. Whoever tells you that healers, and espeicially shamans, never should DPS is just plain wrong, ignore them.
    This is a fairly strong argument in favor of haste on Ultraxion, yes, assuming your guild is having problems with the enrage timer but healing isn't too much of an issue (wiping at 6:01 is hardly unheard of). A mastery build is capable of doing 2M+ damage on Ultraxion, and a haste build should be able to perform even better.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I would be more worried about the lost of spirit than mastery on a fight like heroic spine.

Like everyone else posted, would lose too many other stats to hit it

Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    I would be more worried about the lost of spirit than mastery on a fight like heroic spine.
    This. Come back when you're running 3k haste on spine and running out of mana on the 2nd plate.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery > Haste in all cases. 10 or 25 doesn't matter.

On spine, as a shaman you should be stacking crit, as it increases healing output and doubles as a mana return if you crit.