Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to get to Vashj'ir?

I've searched everywhere, even MMO-Champion, and they all say the same "there's a quest on the Warchief's Command Board" in every big city", but theres not a quest there for me! There's just that cogwheel,mouse-thingy, and I'm greeted with a text saying "The Horde war machine needs you!".
    I've done almost every quest in the new Cataclysm zones, yet -- no chain's unlocked ..

What am I missing here? Please help me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't dpeak for the Alliance, but have you perhaps done the first quest? If so, go to the docks outside Orgrimmar and another should be waiting.

Just fly there. Take the zepp to Tirisfail, fly south down and around to Dun Morogh, and go east to Vashj'ir from the very eastern tip of D.M.
    You'll get fatigue for a bit, but you'll make it, even with the 150% flying.

The starting quest will be there waiting for you on the wrecked ship.

Here's a pic, in case that doesn't make sense :P

if your not seeing anything head over to the dock outside of orgrimmar, its to the left when you leave the front gate. There should be a quest somewhere around there either on the dock itself or the tower next to it.

Deleted
    Hero's call board gives you a quest where you have to go to some dock. And you will arive there in time.

Flying did not work.
    Found the boat, ain't moving at all ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kusottare View Post
    Flying did not work.
    You need to have the quest for the actual boat to show up. Its a phased boat. Be sure you havent done the entry quest before and the portal is up for the area.

Flying did not work.
    Look if its not on the board then you did it and forgot you did.

You'll have to fly there or if you got the flight path by chance, take that. And please describe why "flying did not work."

You have to take the boat from Orgrimmar/Stormwind. But first, you've to take the quest from the board.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Portal is not where it's supposed to be.

Flying did not work: It's an invincible wall there, and fatigue seems to run out too quick :/

**EDIT**
    Horde side.

Wait for the boat. Walk onto the boat. It takes a few min for the boat to arrive, listen to the orcs talking. Done.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Flying does work, I've done it a bunch of times, though if you've never done the quest I'm not sure if that affects anything. As others have said though, the boat at the docks will take you there when you have the quest. Make sure you are on the right boat (for the Alliance, the boat that takes you to Northrend phases and becomes the boat that takes you to Vash when you have the quest from the guy on the dock). Oh, and I assume (though could be wrong?) that you need to be level 80 for the quest. And you have to have the Cataclysm expansion as well.

Flying did not work.
    That's probably not the right boat. I suspect the boat you tried was goblin boat which is always there and never moves. The docks need to phase for the boat you need to arrive (when they are phased that goblin boat disappears). You probably don't have the quest you need to be on for the docks to be phased. The quest you need to phase the docks and get the boat is : http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25924

Here's the entire quest chain for what you need to do. You just need to work out what part of the chain you are on....

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28790

I think you need to do a few quests in Vash'jir before the portal from Orgrimmar will become available.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-02-16 at 06:46 PM.

Portal is not where it's supposed to be.

Flying did not work: It's an invincible wall there, and fatigue seems to run out too quick :/

**EDIT**
    Horde side.
    No. There is no wall, and plenty of time before fatigue runs out.

But don't you remember doing it? Riding the boat.....Ozumat attacking the ship....being rescued by the shaman. If you quit there the portal should bring you back.

Its not in ur quest log is it? Get some one to port you to the first quest if you left during the intro quest and bugged it out.

I've waited for several minutes, there's just a docked boat there (looks like some kind of steamboat (?)).

Now's my chance!

I the portal's called invincible, how come we can see it?

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 07:03 PM ----------

I've waited for several minutes, there's just a docked boat there (looks like some kind of steamboat (?)).
    ...hold on. The boat only comes if you have the intro quest. It's part of a scripted event.

I don't think I've ever done it. I might of have done the quest where you talk to the Orc near the docs and ended there because I thought that was that ..

Nothing in my quest log indicates it either.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah that's the boat you come to Orgrimmar with - if you play a goblin.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I would open a ticket or post on the CS forum. Many times the folks on the CS forum can help look at your quests if the activity is slow
    "Peace is a lie"