Deleted

Recommedations of things to do?

Hi folks

I want to try Rift and will be downloading "Lite".

Can anyone recommend anything I can do, up to level 20, to get a proper feel of the game?

Cheers

Deleted
    Fight Invasions
    Close Rifts
    Try different speccs (make one on your own!)
    Dungeons
    Warfronts
    Go check out the maincity
    Artifact hunting
    Professions
    Try different classes/races

Remember that endgame is what Rift is all about! There are much more variation of things to do in Rift at maxlevel than any other MMORGP today!

Don't forget to crank up the graphics, it looks really good on higher settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippable View Post
    Fight Invasions
    Close Rifts
    Try different speccs (make one on your own!)
    Dungeons
    Warfronts
    Go check out the maincity
    Artifact hunting
    Professions
    Try different classes/races
    Not much then

Screenshotted as I couldn't be bothered writing it down Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    Not much then

Screenshotted as I couldn't be bothered writing it down Thanks
    Can't really do that much while lower level.
    The game shines at higher levels, then you have massive invasions with TONS of people in every zone, solo/duo instances, world events, world pvp, different kinds of rifts, quality raiding, Instant adventures (45+) and much much more. Whole island for 50+ with questing and more special feutures.

Fun challenge: Find something unreachable in the distance, and find a way to reach it. There's almost no place visible that cannot be "terrain exploited" to. Mind you, I'm excluding invisible walls partitioning zones, but almost every tower, mountain top, structure or valley can be reached with some practice and inspiration.

The devs don't frown upon this, they built the game to allow it. Some of the artifacts you seek out can only be reached by climbing out on that inch-wide ledge, or by humping the cliff face and wall walking.

I've lost countless hours exploring terrain I've been over a hundred times before. Zones like Scarlet Gorge are mind boggling.

Deleted
    Hi folks

I want to try Rift and will be downloading "Lite".

Can anyone recommend anything I can do, up to level 20, to get a proper feel of the game?

Cheers
    Warfronts at lvl 10 and forward =)
    Also take part in any world event of your level, they are epic
    That's the most important parts anyway =)

Deleted
    I decided to buy it, since it as only £10 for the special edition.

So far I like
    rifts - breaks up the questing
    RiftConnect - My GOD, I love this feature. WoW needs this
    The level up "whoosh" - Little things please little minds

10+ Year Old Account

So far I like
    Yeah the game isn't a ton of money and in my case anyways I can sub to multiple games and grabbing a mutli-month sub plan it costs me $8.99 a month not a huge deal for an entertainment budget.

Cool user name btw I loled.

Be sure to get the mobile app if you have a compatible phone. The lottery every hour is so addicting.

Deleted

So far I like
    Good decision!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get to level 50.

Ember Isle is breath-taking, seriously.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Get to level 50.

Ember Isle is breath-taking, seriously.
    Yes, it's the most beutiful zone I've ever seen in any MMO.
    Atleast if you can run on high settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippable View Post
    Yes, it's the most beutiful zone I've ever seen in any MMO.
    Atleast if you can run on high settings.
    Well, I do quite like how Nagrand, Teldrassil, and Ashenvale look in WoW. :P Their graphics may be lower, but update them to Rift standards and I think they could be comparable to Ember Isle.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well, I do quite like how Nagrand, Teldrassil, and Ashenvale look in WoW. :P Their graphics may be lower, but update them to Rift standards and I think they could be comparable to Ember Isle.
    If WoW had a major graphics update that would be a big plus in it's favour, though about half the playerbase wouldn't be able to play anymore. My favourite zone was always Zangarmarsh. I resubbed a couple times just to sit there and listen to the ambience. TBC was awesome, sooo much nostalgia.

IPP is probs my favourite zone in RIFT. I am a sucker for snow zones. After that it's Gloamwood, awesome atmosphere EI is pretty, but doesn't really get me that excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    If WoW had a major graphics update that would be a big plus in it's favour, though about half the playerbase wouldn't be able to play anymore. My favourite zone was always Zangarmarsh. I resubbed a couple times just to sit there and listen to the ambience. TBC was awesome, sooo much nostalgia.

IPP is probs my favourite zone in RIFT. I am a sucker for snow zones. After that it's Gloamwood, awesome atmosphere EI is pretty, but doesn't really get me that excited.
    100% in agreement. Nagrand always felt bland after awhile, but Zangarmarsh always retained that unique look and feel. IPP and Gloamwood are both amazing and ranked at 1 and 2 on my list of favorites.

I really love how many vertical areas they add to their zones in Rift. Ember Isle can be a bit of a mess around the volcano, but the various nooks and crannies, the hills and valleys scattered in most every zone is a really nice touch; it's so easy to miss half the regions in a zone during the leveling process, and adds a lot of additional exploration after you reach the level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    I really love how many vertical areas they add to their zones in Rift. Ember Isle can be a bit of a mess around the volcano, but the various nooks and crannies, the hills and valleys scattered in most every zone is a really nice touch; it's so easy to miss half the regions in a zone during the leveling process, and adds a lot of additional exploration after you reach the level cap.
    This is so true. I just was doing a death invasion in Moonshade Highlands earlier... just... because. O_o And I ran through an area I'd never been to though I have the whole zone explored. It was that southern area where all the Death Fae are and the little ponds and stuff, very surreal and cool environment there, easily missed though!

Ember Isle can indeed be a pain, however looks wise it is just gorgeous, and the shallow water all around looks amazing.

I indeed also love Gloamwood, it takes me back to some of the more Undead-feeling types of zones in WoW, plus Darkshore, somewhat. Being a Defiant I have not explored that zone and Silverwoods too much, but those two zones are breath-taking in their own right.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    This isn't worth a new topic, so I thought I'd stick it here....

OK, my take on it so far.. (the following is my opinion, and not the opinion of the entire universe )

So just hit 50 and my god, the leveling was terrible. Go here do some quests, go back there and do more quests. Did we send you in there? Go in there just to make sure. Reminds me of pre cata wow. I did find myself killing extra mobs to reach Artifacts, strangely addictive.

Rifts became annoying after a while, mainly because they was spawing in the middle of the places I had to kill mobs in.

Once I hit 45 I just did Instant Adventures. I loved this. This should be worked into Rift Lite somehow.

So will I stay subbed? If everything I have read about the game being great at 50, then yes

levelling is pretty much pre cata WoW in terms of questing, they will be expanding IA's throughout the zones, one would assume that would be worked into Silverwood though probably not the starter zones (but you never know with Trion). And overhauling questing is a huge amount of work so I don't fault them for the crappy questing as long as they expand IA so that you can level up that way, I think thats totally fine. Though when they do an expansion I hope they look at GW/SWTOR/CATA to see how they can make questing more dynamic and interesting.