Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksmiter View Post
    I've just found this thread for the first time and have only read the first 5 pages, so apologies if this has been asked before: anyways, I use a macro that pops Avenging Wrath and Zealotry at the same time, as I can't really see why you'd want to use them separately (bearing in mind that they share the same CD), then simply spam TV - CS until it ends (ensuring Inquisition is up before popping it). Is this stupidity on my part, or am I doing it right?

Also, I have Heroic BLF which I use for all bar DS Spine (RS then obvs), as I don't have Creche - but how do you deal with the procs? Do I just hope that it'll proc at a useful time or should I set my Power Auras up to alert me when it does and then react with a AW and Z pop assuming it's off CD?

I only ask as I've recently changed guilds and my new guildies significantly out DPS me on most fights, an issue I didn't have previously so I feel I need to step up. Rocking an LFR Gurthalak (RNG - I've downed Madness normal 15 times now and once on Heroic) can't help but aside from that my gear is decent so I'm not not sure of the issue.

I could post logs if you're still checking them, but for now I'll just link armory as my questions are more to do with on use rather than fight specifics. Any advice is appreciated.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...miter/advanced
    No you shouldn't bother tracking BLF, its proc is random and just it doesn't necessarily proc when it's off the icd.
    If you had logs of both you and your friend and maybe an armory link of your friend, it would probably be easier to determine exactly what you are doing wrong and he's doing right. Does he have much better gear than you or something? We don't know, so it's hard to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    No you shouldn't bother tracking BLF, its proc is random and just it doesn't necessarily proc when it's off the icd.
    If you had logs of both you and your friend and maybe an armory link of your friend, it would probably be easier to determine exactly what you are doing wrong and he's doing right. Does he have much better gear than you or something? We don't know, so it's hard to say.
    I mean my other guildies, not the same spec - I'm pretty much the lowest DPS most of the time with our legendary fire mages and legendary rogues tops. Whilst I wouldn't hope to compete with them I'm also being out-DPSed by a frost DK, fury Warrior and enhancement Shaman. I'm talking end of fight recount - there are moments when I pop all my CDs when I go top, but they are brief. I'll post logs after our next raid but I guess I meant more along the lines of 'is this normal?'. Most of my guildies are about 3-5 iLvls higher (all above 400) and have more Heroic experience than me so I'm guessing this is a factor - and as mentioned, I still have LFR Gurthalak while the rest have normal if not Heroic weapons.

Still really interested in my main question regarding AW and Z - is it fine to always use the two together or should I sometimes use AW on it's own with other rotations that aren't the TV - CS that you use when it's combined with Z? And if so when?

Deleted
    No in general you shouldn't use Avenging Wrath and Zealotry apart, especially if you have 4pc.

Deleted
    I'm completely blind.

Here's my armory profile (I know I'm in pvp gear right now, I'll change it asap as I'm at home): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vynka/advanced

And here are some logs:
    Morchok 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...28/?s=53&e=200
    Zon'ozz 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...8/?s=563&e=750
    Yor'sahj 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh.../?s=982&e=1389
    Hagara 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...?s=1778&e=1954
    Ultrax 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/wjz9y...9/?s=757&e=951
    Blackhorn 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...?s=3330&e=3643
    Spine 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...?s=4134&e=4704
    Madness 25H - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...?s=4929&e=5634

I've been looking through Epeen and my results are quite bad, only one reasonable is Ultrax. I've improved my gear from that run (Zon'ozz boots, Ultraxion's Ring and Spine's spaulders). I've been raiding in a pretty 'incompetent' 10man guild, so maybe I'm not used on raiding 25man.

Things that I did wrong, in Morchok I was burning Morchok when I was supposed to burn Kohcrom so I had to switch. In zon'ozz I was badly lost and didn't almost knew what was happening (healing through debuff instead of dispeling it -i ran from the mele-, didn't know what to do with adds in BP etc) so probably missed some CDs. Yorsahj was pulled with a pack of adds so I couldn't switch to BLF(LFR) for AoE. Also I switched for an Ooze just to land 2-3 hits. Hagara I popped my cds at the begining. Ultrax was OK although I had to run away from fading light and Hour of Twilight before because of latency (moving from spanish server to english one). Also died in the first try because of that., Blackhorn I was again lost; landing 2 hits on drakes and such. Spine tenticle dps seems ok (some burst was without anything coz I had ~30sec left for AW or something like that), and Madness didn't try to multidot anything.
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2012-07-11 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Bad URLs

Vynka, All of your log links and even your armory link is broken

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    Vynka, All of your log links and even your armory link is broken
    Yup, pasting incomplete links will do that. The dots aren't usually part of the link, but those stay if you past them like that.

Deleted
    Fixed :X Soz.

Btw my gear is optimized by wowreforge.com (in case you catch me doing BG), I have all the trinkets in normal mode but Bonelink, which is LFR mode.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Cowcrit/advanced
    (No helm enchant, just faction changed and I don't know where the guy is.)
    Logs: None

Lfr run I just did.
    Ultraxion: 43k
    Warmaster: 41k
    Spine: 40k
    Morchok: 41k
    Zon'ozz: 61k
    Yor'sahj: 50k
    Yor'sahj ignore oozes: 57k
    Deathwing: I always pull 80k~ I can never burst enough because he dies too fast.
    Hagara: 38k

Dummy 33.5k

I have a question about my rotation.
    This is the priority I have been following, I feel like I am not doing enough dps.

Judge if no jugdements of the pure
    exo(aow + out of range)
    how(aow)
    judgement(oor)
    crusader if dp proc and 2hp
    crusader < 3
    judgement <=2 hp(because of the lag with judgement hp) if zeal move below how
    inq < 2, Sometimes it falls off; not sure what to do.
    templar if dp proc
    exo if aow and cs > 1.5 seconds left
    templar if hp 3
    exo if aow
    how
    judgement if zeal
    wait if cs has less than 1 - .5 seconds left
    hw
    consecration if more than 16k mana
    divine plea

for aoe I do(I feel like I should use templar over everything with sor so I get more hits with the seal.)
    (Unless I have 2hp and a dp proc.)

Judge if no jugdements of the pure
    exo(aow + out of range)
    how(aow)
    judgement(oor)
    divine storm if dp proc and 2hp
    divine storm < 3 hp
    judgement <=2 hp(because of the lag with judgement hp) if zeal move below how
    inq < 2, Sometimes it falls off; not sure what to do.
    templar if dp proc
    exo if aow and cs > 1.5 seconds left
    templar if hp 3
    exo if aow
    how
    judgement if zeal
    wait if cs has less than 1 - .5 seconds left
    hw
    consecration if more than 16k mana
    divine plea

I don't know the zealotry priority, I have just been trying to follow the normal rotation for it.
    My burst feels lacking.

edit:

Alright fixed the gear, changed weapon from heroic slicer to gurth.

If I read it correctly the new priority is as follows.

Judgement if no judgments of the pure
    Judgement if out of range
    Exorcism if out of range
    Hammer of wrath if out of range
    Inq if less than 2 seconds left or if 4 seconds left no dp proc and judgement and crusader is on cd
    crusader strike if dp proc and 2 holy power
    crusader strike if less than 3 holy power
    templars verdict if dp proc
    Exorcism if art of war and 3 holy power
    templars verdict if 3 holy power
    judgement if less than or equal to 2 holy power and zeal is not up
    exorcism if art of war
    hammer of wrath
    judgement if zealotry
    wait 0.5 seconds for crusader if its coming up
    holy wrath
    consecration if mana is greater than or equal to 16k

Anything to change?
    Last edited by averykey; 2012-07-12 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    I only use Consecration in aoe fights.

Do you only have Bone-Link Fetish? Trinket swapping between fights is advisable.

This is the vendor you seek: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=49387

Minor details about your gear; the cloak is the best you'll have; Bold Queen's Garnet should be socketted there, and also +10 str is considered strong enough to use an hybrid gem. Consider also using the Bold Chimera in other piece and use another Queen's Garnet in the relic. That way you'll gain 10 str and 20 mast.
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2012-07-13 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    I only use Consecration in aoe fights.

Do you only have Bone-Link Fetish? Trinket swapping between fights is advisable.

This is the vendor you seek: wowhead.com/npc=49387

Minor details about your gear; the cloak is the best you'll have; Bold Queen's Garnet should be socketted there, and also +10 str is considered strong enough to use an hybrid gem. Consider also using the Bold Chimera in other piece and use another Queen's Garnet in the relic. That way you'll gain 10 str and 20 mast.
    25 mastery or 25 hit is never worth 25 strength unless the mastery gets you over another point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    25 mastery or 25 hit is never worth 25 strength unless the mastery gets you over another point.
    +10 STR bonus is agreed to be enough to use hybrid gems in elitist jerks and in this forum (as far as i've seen). If you have math that proves it wrong, feel free to go to theorycrafting threads and defend your point.

Btw mastery is a continuous stat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    You see its worth it cause in the end its not 25str but 35 since you achieve the socket bonus.

Since the mastery change its always better to gem str/mast on yellow slots to get the socket bonus.