Thread: [5.0] Symbiosis

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    rofl, i don't play balance...but trees AND mirror image?

GO FORTH MY MINIONS
    DKs have army of the dead, we'll have army of the trees!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Well, seems pretty bad for balance so far. Hopefully we'll actually get an ability that gives us some damage in pve, otherwise its a waste of an ability.
    I think it is a very good ability for Balance, i'm not sure how it works but if you can combine Mirror images with Force of Nature, that can grant some major DPS in PvE. Mass Dispel and Chains of Ice are kind of useless in my opinion.

Deleted
    Mirror image is a very, very low dps increase, and it won't affect Force of Nature (which we still don't know what it will do). Unless Mirror image mechanics change radically between cata and MoP (could happen I guess), I'm not impressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Mirror image is a very, very low dps increase, and it won't affect Force of Nature (which we still don't know what it will do). Unless Mirror image mechanics change radically between cata and MoP (could happen I guess), I'm not impressed.
    I suppose your right in saying that, but Mirror images can be very useful for us as it very irritating how the FoN currently works, you can lose a lot of DPS by using the CD that increases DPS? The way the FoN mechanics are at the moment are, in my opinion " terrible", due to you losing a cast just to pop your FoN CD, but combined with Mirror Images, the time taken to cast them, and the DPS you gain form it, may or may not be worth it.

the ability is designed to give you more utility than giving you flat DPS boosts. So which move is best for you may depend on the encounter or the opponent you are facing in PvP

If taken from its current state, Chains of Ice would be extremely overpowered on a Balance Druid right now. You have a class that can shapeshift off all snares/roots, can move faster than any other class (outside of sprinted classes), and now you give them a spammable 60% slow. Melee would stand no chance

Granted this is assuming everything stays the same (which I know it wont). Point is if your expecting to get Vampiric Touch or Avenging Wrath you are most likely going to be disappointed. Otherwise it will help give better utility and survivability in both PVE and PVP for the cost of nothing and creates a fun engaging choice. With the possibility for marginal DPS/HPS increases.