Deleted

[Anime] Bleach or Naruto?

which do you think is better? I love them both, but i'd love to see which people think has the better plots, villains, heroes, animation, fight scenes etc

personally i think Bleach edges out Naruto by a slight margin in most categories.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think both are awesome, in terms of villians i'd say bleach, got bored of toby just always moving through attacks, i don't like the 'sidekicks' in bleach, as in chad etc, though i do like the soul society ones. Fight scene wise i like both equally, atm i like both about the same tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Bleach has better villains overall, Naruto has a better support cast. Whereas both series's have god awful main casts.

I vote Naruto because of the better fight scenes, and the slightly more consistent plot.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-02-17 at 09:58 AM.

Naruto, but the manga. I despise the anime-drawings and fillers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Since we're talking about anime.... well, both of their filler arcs are bad, so no biggie. Overall, naruto seems to make more sense in the plot and have more sort of a grand scheme of things. Fullbringers in bleach, for example, feel completely detached from the main plot.
    Also, fights and abilities in naruto seem a bit more waried.
    Bleach has some clever tricks occasionally, but mainly, they are people with swords and a couple gimmicky tricks. Naruto goes to the other end, introducing every new character with an even more overpowered selection of incredible godmode powers that even the creator can't keep up with them.
    Other thing in bleach is that no matter how badly protagonists get beaten, they always fully recover form all their injuries. your eyballs got slashed open? Lost your arm? Your torso was cut almost completely in half? Got cut up badly enough to lie in a pool of your own blood twice a day? No prob, lemme just heal you! Done. In naruto, your arm got cut of, it got cut off. Your sensei got stabbed by an immortal dude? Well he's dead, GF. Your sensei went on a suicide mission? He's dead, get over it. Your brother slaughtered your family, fucked your mind and coaxed you into attacking him until he lied in a pool of his own blood... well shit son, he actually died.
    So overall, I think Naruto has a more complex and realistic plot with more interesting fights and powers. Bleach only wins in the character personality department.

Oh please. These are both endless series where almost nothing happens on the base of one single episode (really, pick out a random episode and try to write more than 2 sentences of relevant information about its content), where totally boring and plotwise unrelevant filler arcs are introduced just to buy time and keep the fans onboard (wait... wasn't WoW anual pass about the same...) and on top of that those series seem to exist only to build up a huge fanbase that will then buy merchandise toys, games, hell even sweets...

What I give them is that their theme and setting is a bit more mature than the likes of pokemon, but then it has to be to carry fans longer and up to an age where they can affort all that merchandise stuff. Besides "more mature themes" are nothing special in Japan's anime at all so you can only really count that with our narrow western vision googles on.

As for me personally, none of them is really worth the time they consume.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-02-17 at 10:17 AM.

Kao, you might inform yourself why filler arcs are actually written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Naruto is stupid drag. Havent seem Bleach so not commenting on it, but stretching story along 20-40-60 episodes long arcs, where practically nothing happens in 1 episode and storyline progresses at the breakneck speed of 1mm per episode, just made me loose interest, if you get a lot of episodes to watch it's bearable but if you have to watch 1 episode per week you soon will get frustrated about total lack of storyline progress just like The Kao said.
    It's x-files-esque promise that "in the next episode we will show you sooooo incredible stuff, just hang on!" and it goes and goes on... without actually showing you anything, just to keep you at TV next week, without really delivering anything.
    Of course it could be because i am out of Naruto target audience age, but looking back at myself at that age i would not like it then either. Coming of age story is nice of course but it's way too overstretched and dragged.
    Last edited by mmocd0826a5fa6; 2012-02-17 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The filler in both are terible so ignoring that.
    Naruto has the better main story ( and its still going while bleach pritty much died with aizen )
    Main characters in both are bland but il give bleach a small edge here
    Support characters are better in naruto to

Fight wise both use the same ever getting stronger crap main guy is unbeatable giving it to naruto for the fights done by others.

Overall Naruto is the better show in my eyes.

I vote Naruto because of the better fight scenes, and the slightly more consistent plot.
    better...fight...scenes?

I love the Bleach characters and their stories, unfortunately they just never take the time to go more in depth and you have all these freaking amazing characters and you just...don`t expand on them at all. as for the story, well the only story I really liked was the arracanar arc and the very first arc.

I like both
    ATM I like Naruto more. Bleach seems to have gone off in a weird direction. Bleach art style recently is way better though, I mean wtf Rukia looked like she had hair and not a helmet

Right now, Naruto. But that's because the main story that has been building up for so many arcs has finally been concluded. Even then, I like the way Naruto is going atm. Especially in the manga.

Deleted
    Naruto imo, Bleach has just been going downhill tbh, this last arc was nothing like the previous nothing special happened really...