Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Well, if you're interested in a GW2 Warrior combat video I could recommend:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=I_TDMoOCyHQ#!
    4:45 for combat. He first shortly tries out all weapons, so give it some time.

Same guy with a guardian. The combat just appeals to me a hell of a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Do you have any proof other than a feeling or opinion? As far as I know there are no damage numbers for specific skills yet, nor are traits finalized. I looked up the dual axe load out and each ability is focused on damage, but where does it say that they do more damage than any other weapon? Also going dual axe is severely limiting in utility skills and defense. Nothing but attack with axe or spin with axe. Looks pretty boring really. I am sure it will be good for aoe since 2 skills focus on that with relatively short cooldowns, but I have seen no evidence they will do more single target damage than any other weapon choice.
    I should I have worded myself more properly, sorry for the ambiguity. I see that every other weapons seems to have "control" or "mobility" tacked on to it's description, yet axes seem to have the single function of unloaded loads of damage in a quick amount of time. Guardians on the other hand seem to have nothing but either mobility, control, or aoe. When I meant "use this to kill people", I meant burst damage. I don't want a weapon I'm pidgeon holed in to when I want to do damage, I was just curious is all. If I do play a guardian I want to be as offensively made as possible. Looking at videos though, guardian doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Too much positional awareness and strategy for my liking. I prefer ramming my face in to the thing standing in front of me and just blowing it up. English is not my first language so sorry if that was the cause for confusion.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-02-20 at 03:34 AM.

I'm very excited for this. My girlfriend and I are making Humans as our firsts characters (She has to be pretty, ya know how it goes) and I'm rolling a Guardian and she an Elementalist. I'm very excited about how the guardian will feel and play as I'm generally the tank / melee class in every game I play. My Charr Warrior will definitely be my main but I'm very interested to see how Guardian will work, and hey who knows, maybe I'll make him my main. ;]

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I should I have worded myself more properly. I see that every other weapons seems to have "control" or "mobility" tacked on to it's description, yet axes seem to have the single function of unloaded loads of damage in a quick amount of time. Guardians on the other hand seem to have nothing but either mobility, control, or aoe. When I meant "use this to kill people", I meant burst damage. I don't want a weapon I'm pidgeon holed in to when I want to do damage, I was just curious is all. If I do play a guardian I want to be as offensively made as possible. English is not my first language so sorry if that was the cause for confusion.
    Speaking from what I've seen, which is little, I think Guardian is more of a support type character instead of a bloody, beat your skull in, melee fighter like a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I'm very excited for this. My girlfriend and I are making Humans as our firsts characters (She has to be pretty, ya know how it goes) and I'm rolling a Guardian and she an Elementalist. I'm very excited about how the guardian will feel and play as I'm generally the tank / melee class in every game I play. My Charr Warrior will definitely be my main but I'm very interested to see how Guardian will work, and hey who knows, maybe I'll make him my main. ;][COLOR="red"]
    sylvari are pretty...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Speaking from what I've seen, which is little, I think Guardian is more of a support type character instead of a bloody, beat your skull in, melee fighter like a warrior.
    Well, I really think you can play a Guardian really offensively. It might not play similar to a "insert weapon in face"-style you can accomplish with a Warrior, but it should be just as effective.
    Here's an example. You have three symbols that all damage enemies, one of which grants an offensive buff. All skills in the Mace/Torch combination deal damage and the Two-handed Sword is only slightly less effective, and provides ways to deal with Ranged. You have three ways to apply Burning and have a passive Might buff. All in all it should provide a steady amount of damage, both direct and over time, all the while still helping out allies.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Press Beta Update

Update [ 02/21]: Guildwars2guru has put up some videos of guardian gameplay revealing some changes an additions to Guardian gameplay

Skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbhEol-Ce44
    Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFJ1n7f1eo

Guardian Changes:
    List accredited to Alaroxr

Health Pool:
    Previously the Guardian was of the lower health bracket of the professions but now it looks to be in the medium range of health pool.

Before: ~16k
    Now: ~20k

Spirit Weapons:

Hammer of Wisdom- Summon an arcane hammer to defend you. 45 second CD
    Sword of Justice- Summon an arcane sword to defend you. 30 second CD
    Bow of Truth- Summon an arcane bow to remove conditions from you and your allies. 60 second CD
    Shield of The Avenger- Summon an arcane shield to defend you. 60 second CD

Weapons Skill Changes:

Greatsword no longer has Symbol of Swiftness and now has
    Symbol of Wrath- Pierce the ground with a mystic symbol that damages and burns foes while granting Retaliation to allies. 15 second CD

Staff no longer has Symbol of Protection and now has
    Symbol of Swiftness- Sear a mystic symbol into target area, damaging foes and granting swiftness to allies. 15 second CD

Greatsword's Binding Blade has been changed to
    Binding Blade- Throw blades at your foes causing damage over time. Bound foes can be pulled to you. The effect ends when a foe moves out of range. Chain skill. 30 second CD

Changed/New Utilities:

Signet of Judgement
    Passive- Reduces incoming damage
    Active- Grants retaliation to nearby allies
    30 second CD

Signet of Wrath
    Passive- Grants you increased condition damage
    Active- Immobilizes your target
    30 second CD

Signet of Mercy
    Passive- Improves healing
    Active- Revive a nearby ally
    90 second CD

"Retreat"- Grant Aegis and Protection to up to five nearby allies. 60 second CD

"Stand Your Ground"- Grant Stability to yourself and allies. 60 second CD

Hallowed Ground- Consecrate target area, granting Stability to allies inside. 80 second CD

Retribution- Grant yourself Retaliation. 15 second CD

Judge's Intervention- Teleport to your target and burn nearby foes. 45 second CD

Merciful Intervention- Teleport to the nearby ally with the lowest health and create a healing area around them. 45 second CD

Renewed Focus- Recharge all Virtues instantly (Replaces Meditation?) 90 second CD

New Elite:

Tome of Courage- Locks you in place, but grants you powerful support spells. 180 second CD
    -------------------------------
    Note: There may be some cooldown time changes for other skills that I did not mention above.

If you notice any other changes or want to comment on the above changes, please do so.
    -------------------------------

Edit:
    Wall of Deflection is now renamed to Wall of Reflection.
    Only death my pay for life

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing that pisses me off is of all the new character creation videos out, none of focused on specific professions. I have seen how the visual story elements tie in to certain professions and how it looks, but still haven't see that for the guardian. I have seen the Thief helms, Warrior Helms, Mesmer masks, Necro face paint, Elementalist crests and Ranger pets. Actually haven't seen either the Guardian symbols of devotion or the Engineer gadgets. I did see one engineer with a eye patch, not sure if that was from the biography at the character creation or not.

One thing that pisses me off is of all the new character creation videos out, none of focused on specific professions. I have seen how the visual story elements tie in to certain professions and how it looks, but still haven't see that for the guardian. I have seen the Thief helms, Warrior Helms, Mesmer masks, Necro face paint, Elementalist crests and Ranger pets. Actually haven't seen either the Guardian symbols of devotion or the Engineer gadgets. I did see one engineer with a eye patch, not sure if that was from the biography at the character creation or not.

yeah it is frustrating not getting to see stuff put out for the guardian not really on par with other profession's videos post thus far...hopefully more vids are churning...hate to say it but im hoping totalbiscuit's wife does a vid for the guardian really like her round up of the mesmer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6Ck...34FUAAAAAAAAAA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwarder View Post
    yeah it is frustrating not getting to see stuff put out for the guardian not really on par with other profession's videos post thus far...hopefully more vids are churning...hate to say it but im hoping totalbiscuit's wife does a vid for the guardian really like her round up of the mesmer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6Ck...34FUAAAAAAAAAA
    I actually had MAJOR problems with her voice the first 2 videos she did on his channel. She wasn't bad at all to listen to this time around. I don't know what she changed, but it is much easier to listen to this time around.

I actually had MAJOR problems with her voice the first 2 videos she did on his channel. She wasn't bad at all to listen to this time around. I don't know what she changed, but it is much easier to listen to this time around.
    haha totally agree..i was going to edit my last post just to mention that

15+ Year Old Account
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they removed the visionaries scarf!

http://youtu.be/48AIa_ipEX0?t=6m58s

Frickin helm and pauldrons now?! WTF is this crap? Very unhappy about this.