Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

so how do i gear up for pvp?

so basically i dinged 85 on my warr a few days ago, and wanted to get into pvping on it, but it seems impossible to get pvp gear. today i have done 13 battegrounds on my warrior, and only won 1... i get about 60 honor per game in total, how am i suppose to get any pvp gear like this? is there a better way i can do it? because like this it would take a month before i even got one piece of gear... horde seemingly never win battlegrounds on bladefist-EU. any tips anyone?

edit: just to clarify, i am not upset that i am getting killing in my low resi gear, its that horde constantly loses battlegrounds, no one seems to know tactics and just does their own thing and totally ignores anything thats said in chat, only game i won today was a WSG and we basically got lucky. BG chat just seems to be a mix of people raging at each other, and 2-3 people tryna tell people tactics, or reporting incs.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2012-02-17 at 01:13 AM.

so , have you rerolled for the reddit guild? anyway, you should be getting much more honor per bg. I get around 190 for losing and 300 for winning or so.
    Try doing WSG heavy and que for any TB you can , you can always transform Justice Points into honor too.

- Buy crafted 377 gear.

- Queue for TB whenever it's up.

- BGs, queue random or the CtA.

If that isn't working, run dungeons and convert your VP into Conquest and JP into honor.
    Converting valor into conquest counts toward your season total too now, so you can get started towards the min to buy weapons later by doing your 7 weekly heroics and then winning a few random bgs throughout week (1st one gives 100 conq.)

Lastly, if you are continuously losing, either stick together with people in BGs and only ever stop to fight someone alone if it's a healer, I've helped out people that are at a node just by sticking on a healer and even if they're able to stay alive, it's better they're trying to heal themselves away from their allies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infuz3d View Post
    - Buy crafted 377 gear.

- Queue for TB whenever it's up.

- BGs, queue random or the CtA.

If that isn't working, run dungeons and convert your VP into Conquest and JP into honor.
    Converting valor into conquest counts toward your season total too now, so you can get started towards the min to buy weapons later by doing your 7 weekly heroics and then winning a few random bgs throughout week (1st one gives 100 conq.)

Lastly, if you are continuously losing, either stick together with people in BGs and only ever stop to fight someone alone if it's a healer, I've helped out people that are at a node just by sticking on a healer and even if they're able to stay alive, it's better they're trying to heal themselves away from their allies.

i got some of the 377 gear, but me dying isnt the issue, its just the constant losses, even if i had full gear it wouldn't make much difference when theres only 2-3 of us trying to play the BG, a few bots and the rest just doing what ever.
    i forgot about converting JP > honor though, i think i will do that. i only want the gear so i can do arena, anything to avoid random bgs.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tournique View Post
    so , have you rerolled for the reddit guild? anyway, you should be getting much more honor per bg. I get around 190 for losing and 300 for winning or so.
    Try doing WSG heavy and que for any TB you can , you can always transform Justice Points into honor too.
    i dont even know what the reddit guild is? and you get 45 honor for a loss, and a little extra, would be rare to get 190 unless its AV or you got a lot of kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    By running heroics you get JP and VP to convert for Honor and CP, the rate is slower than BGs but there is one critical difference: loot drops. Heading into BGs as a fresh 85 you will get slaughtered, and its mostly thanks to your levelling greens and blues, replacing them with heroic epics will get you stam, str, crit etc.

So I would basically run the new heroics, using all of your JP and VP for PvP gear, replacing all of your greens and blues. While you're at it run as many Tol Barads as you can. Once you've capped your VP for the week and converted it to CP, run random BGs to top off your CP for the week.

Once heroics no longer offer any upgrades you can stop doing them and focus purely on PvP, but you need to get rid of your levelling gear ASAP.

ive got mostly JP gear and some random twilight hc gear, im not in blues at least. ive got the pvp head, i got the honor for that leveling in BGs :P and 3 pieces of crafted pvp gear. i think i will do the farm hcs and turn my JP into honor.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 01:25 AM ----------

also, bgs are not fun with low resi :P i just got crit 50k by a rogue

rogues are everyones nightmare when you have low resi.

Deleted
    rogues are everyones nightmare when you have low resi.
    indeed my damage is ok, i can do pretty nice damage against healers, but its hard when i am the only person attacking healer :\ yesterday in AV, 3 of my team were attacking a blood dk, with a priest just healing him, and no one attacked the priest.
    my damage isnt a problem, but my resi sure is :P

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 01:32 AM ----------

oh, reddit has a guild on bladefist EU i see! are you in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    get owned a lot

warriors are probably the worst class in the game 1v1

you could also try to throw some ideas out there, instead of just letting people lick their windows

Do what I do. Buy full crafted gear should net you around 3.1k resil. Then wait for a BG weekend, make premade in trade chat or with friends then get gear. Its easy.

Gearing my feral today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Do what I do. Buy full crafted gear should net you around 3.1k resil. Then wait for a BG weekend, make premade in trade chat or with friends then get gear. Its easy.

Gearing my feral today.

i have a few crafted bits, but now i started running hcs and converting the JP into honor, seems a lot quicker. my gear wasn't the reason we were losing though, its just no one follows the objectives apart from 2-3 of us. ive bought head and the shoulders so far going to buy trinket after this hc

It really goes faster if you form a premade and run WSG now that it is weekend.

1. Buy the crafted i377 gear.
    2. Do every TB and WG you can.
    3. Do the PVP dailies in Grizzly Hills (good for about 300 honor a day).
    4. Run heroics like crazy, use whatever gear you can from there until you can replace it with pvp gear, and convert your valor and justice points into conquest and honor.
    5. Always queue Random BG. It doesnt matter if you hate IOC or AV or whatever. The base honor for a loss on random is equal to a win on specific. Wins on random are triple that payout. Random queue wins also net you 100 conquest for the first win, and 50 for consecutive wins.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Like everyone has posted, do the random bg once a day, get in a one of each class Bh run, max out your justice and valor points for the week and convert them to honor and conquest equivalent. Try to bg with friends / server PvPers to maximize your win chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosencaine View Post
    Like everyone has posted, do the random bg once a day, get in a one of each class Bh run, max out your justice and valor points for the week and convert them to honor and conquest equivalent. Try to bg with friends / server PvPers to maximize your win chances.
    i have been doing random BG every day, but horde never win :| i have to do about 10-15 games before we get a win, and only get 60-70 honor for a loss, unless its AV. ive started running hcs and converting honor into JP. the queues are quicker, the runs are quicker than a BG, and i get more honor from it, so its a lot better way than BGs.

I've had days where the Horde just got their sht pushed in over and over. Think of it as practice and humility!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosencaine View Post
    I've had days where the Horde just got their sht pushed in over and over. Think of it as practice and humility!

well at the start of cata i pvpd a lot on my mage on horde, and horde seemed to win nearly every battle, but we had 20min queues, now we got 5min queues and lose a lot i got a good group in WSG earlier though, was a semi premade and we totally destroyed the alliance in it :P

Deleted
    It happens bro, I'm alliance and it takes HOURS on end just to farm 2k honour points for a piece of gear. It gets boring fighting against random horde BG's. I can tell you now, getting the daily CP as an alliance is PAIN.

Let me tell you something, and this is true. Alliance players say Alliance suck and they always loose. Horde players say Horde sucks and they always loose. I know, i play both on same realm/battlegroup, and it really is like that.
    But what battlegroup are you/bladefist on?

But iv been there, trying to gear alts its impossible and takes forever.. But like many said, do heroics and convert it, same for valor points>conquest points if you dont want to run arena/rbg in green/blue gear.
    Dont know if you care about this, but you can get the crafted pvp gear aswell for resi and upgrade if you are useing lvling gear
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Its rather easy, just start off with some bg's get honor and get the honor set. Once you have that find a friend or guildmate. Preferably one who is arena experienced. To run you through some twos for a while. After a while you'll eventually have your arena sets. Depending on your class you'll gen and enchant on that.

do what i did and run bgs/tol barad with whatever gear you have, contribute as much as you can and hopefully you win a lot.
    slowly start buying honor pvp gear, always spend your honor before it hits the 4k cap.
    shouldn't take you long to have full ruthless gear, a week tops if you dedicate a few hours a day to it.