Poll: Do you like the direction warlocks are heading?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the changes, my GF does not, as a Warlock for 6 years. I will be leveling mine up finally in due time to experience what looks awesome so far.

Deleted

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    The people that voted yes must either work for Blizz's PR Dept or be high on crack

Demo Alone :
    reduced to 2 DOT"s
    can no longer cast Immolation Aura and Channel hellfire at same time
    only way to pop meta is demonleap
    Forced into a Rage/combo-point mechanic to build " demonic fury "

really ?

The Internet: where if your opinion differs from someone else's you must obviously be a drug addict.

To address your points:
    Demonology is not a dot spec, affliction is, just as destruction is the burst spec. As their names are highly suggestive of what they do, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that demonology is the mastery of studying you guessed it, demons.
    What's more demonic than turning into a gigantic demon yourself, leaping right into your opponents face and slashing him apart with dark powers.

No you cannot use immo aura and hellfire together any more, you know why? Because it was insane unintended aoe damage. You most certainly won't be lacking behind in aoe damage, i guarentee it. But you won't be as OP as you were earlier as well.
    Demonleaping into meta is pretty cool tbh, gives you the sense of actually physically turning in to one rather than a toggle on/off damage boost.

your last point makes me think that you literally want to put no effort in and spam spells till your mana depletes and you are highest dps. instead we are being given a unique and fun resource, and you complain? get over it.

All of the above points together lead me to believe warlock probably isn't for you, you should try rerolling a mage or a rogue if you want massive dps with no skill or fun involved.

Also, totally forgot shadow embrace was just flat out removed, fucking yes :3
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-02-19 at 02:24 AM.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the biggest barrier to my leveling a warlock has always been the lack of variety, even more so than with mages, every spec felt the same. As the changes look now, it definitely looks like they are trying a solution to that problem

tl:dr these are good first steps.
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

" your last point makes me think that you literally want to put no effort in and spam spells till your mana depletes and you are highest dps. instead we are being given a unique and fun resource, and you complain? get over it.

All of the above points together lead me to believe warlock probably isn't for you, you should try rerolling a mage or a rogue if you want massive dps with no skill or fun involved. "

Really ? Because I don't want some rage/combo-point gimmick added into my mechanics, I want ease ? So in saying this you admit it's an uneccessary mechanic that is just going to make playing more tedious....is that what you want, to nom nom everything blizzard shoves down your throat ?

I don't want to play warlock ? sounds like you are the one who wants to play a warrior/raging/mellee/warlock/hybrid....I just want my Warlock

Deleted
    " your last point makes me think that you literally want to put no effort in and spam spells till your mana depletes and you are highest dps. instead we are being given a unique and fun resource, and you complain? get over it.

All of the above points together lead me to believe warlock probably isn't for you, you should try rerolling a mage or a rogue if you want massive dps with no skill or fun involved. "

Really ? Because I don't want some rage/combo-point gimmick added into my mechanics, I want ease ? So in saying this you admit it's an uneccessary mechanic that is just going to make playing more tedious....is that what you want, to nom nom everything blizzard shoves down your throat ?

I don't want to play warlock ? sounds like you are the one who wants to play a warrior/raging/mellee/warlock/hybrid....I just want my Warlock
    Yes. We haven't even seen the mechanics, all that is known currently is rumours based from a brief description of the spec and you're already dismissing it because you can't face roll like you're used to.
    I stand by everything I said, if you're not even willing to acknowledge change to the class to enhance a specs play style and fun, then why don't you play rogue/mage, at least you know their specs will always be the same three button spam machines.

" I stand by everything I said, if you're not even willing to acknowledge change to the class to enhance a specs play style and fun, then why don't you play rogue/mage, at least you know their specs will always be the same three button spam machines "

I will admit that changes to a spec CAN enhance playstyle and fun, But that doesn't always mean they do....

I'm glad I was wrong about Demon Leap, it actually does sound kinda cool now, and I really enjoyed it when they added Hand of Guldan as a refresher for immolation, but now that's gone.See I am not against change. I just really am disgusted by the whole Demonic Fury Idea....to me it sounds cheezey and gimmicky, and like a tedious new mechanic that completely changes Demo....I guess to you it somehow sounds cool. We'll have to disagree

"Cheesy or gimmicky", right so what part of turning into a demon on a not too inconsistent interval and often saved to line up with a trinket is not gimmicky ?
    The current system is currently only another trinket-like cooldown for dps and survivibility and offers nothing exciting or original.
    Most of what we use in meta is exactly the same as what we use outside of it, so that "trinket" is accompanied by a fancy visual and really little more.

Due to the reduced cooldown on leap, and the potentially high uptime on meta then the it will prove to be a hell of a gap closer and offering mobility that demo warlocks have never previously had.

Generating and dumping a resource may not be new, but neither was the current system which was way too predictable.
    At least that introduces an unknown, an unpredictability when meta will not be up on some regular cooldown but for shorter more intermittent bursts.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-02-19 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Destruction being overhauled into a completely unique play-style orientated around mainly PvE damage a lá bright-wizard, and demonology being changed into actually focusing around demons and pets rather than just giving you an extra cooldown to pop, and that's not the slight bit interesting for pve?
    I don't see an potential dps increase comming from most of the talents , especially in the 1st 4 tiers. The pet change is very nice ofc , and then Mannorath's Fury... can be handy in some cases but if theres no aoe requirement that tier also falls away for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I don't see an potential dps increase comming from most of the talents , especially in the 1st 4 tiers. The pet change is very nice ofc , and then Mannorath's Fury... can be handy in some cases but if theres no aoe requirement that tier also falls away for me.
    talents are not ment to directly incerace dps in mop. and yes some are ment to be very situational, thats why it is planned that we can change our talent-setup on the fly like glyphs nowadays.

People seem to miss the innate theme to Warlock tier 6:

Breaking the rules.

"Deal extra damage when I get hit", "Deal extra damage when I move", "Deal extra damage when targets are far apart"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    You have missed the complete point of the talent system overhaul.
    Please, go and read up on it before commenting any further.
    Then again, If you havn't already I guess you're too lazy to find it so here's a summary:
    Talent's are being changed to no longer be x amount of dps increase.
    They are there to become utility-like abilities which you can switch out, just as we swap glyphs now, based on certain situations where you feel they would benefit you more.

The changes look like a lot of fun to play, but will probably end up being a balancing nightmare for Blizz. Affliction seems kind of boring since it isn't changing much, but it has always felt like the most fleshed out Warlock spec so that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that voted yes must either work for Blizz's PR Dept or be high on crack

Demo Alone :
    reduced to 2 DOT"s
    can no longer cast Immolation Aura and Channel hellfire at same time
    only way to pop meta is demonleap
    Forced into a Rage/combo-point mechanic to build " demonic fury "

really ?
    I'm neither smokin nor at blizz Hq. demonology should focus on the demons. Affliction focuses on dots, destruction should focus on whatever they do (I don't play it).

I'm completely happy with all things mop, especially the direction of this class.

i dont like pvp so i dont like this direction !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
    i dont like pvp so i dont like this direction !
    now here is the kicker:
    porsonally would only consider one of the tiers with a focus mainly in pvp.
    i imagine all the rest very usefull in current pve-end-content.
    think they actually naild it with locks, maby some fine-tuning is still needed but aside frome that... ready for shipping in my eyes

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the sacrificed pet destro build until i saw that pet sac is gonna be 30% then 15% meaning we'll be resummoning our pets to just sac again on CD.

oh and the DS ability being 5% when not used and off CD. that's a bit stange to swallow atm. TBH I may go priest. I keep a spec pretty close to the one i like for locks, and can heal.

I had my hopes that demo would become a tank spec, or introduce a new cauterizing/shadow empowering healing spec. But right now if you aren't a hybrid, you are pretty useless.

I'm 3-5k dps(with legendary) above all other members on my lock and still forced to raid on alts because we usually need a healer or a tank. keep in mind, my alts were leveled for farming and have no shoulder enchants, the sad thing is, I've found out that gear means little in the way of tanks these days, and with reforges, it's pretty simple for a healer to optimize for the encounter if he is a little undergeared.

I am really close to quitting until MoP because of this. Every class should be able to take on 2 roles, and the ones that can't should have something to compensate.

why would anyone play a lock when they could play a priest, druid, or shaman for the utility.

the flavor is great, but utility is made more important in the game now days.

Locks look like they have alot of fun things going on, but philosophically, nothing is going to be different.

Same shit different rotation.
    Last edited by ThatInternet; 2012-02-21 at 08:36 AM.
    dictated but not read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    I really liked the sacrificed pet destro build until i saw that pet sac is gonna be 30% then 15% meaning we'll be resummoning our pets to just sac again on CD.

oh and the DS ability being 5% when not used and off CD. that's a bit stange to swallow atm. TBH I may go priest. I keep a spec pretty close to the one i like for locks, and can heal.

I had my hopes that demo would become a tank spec, or introduce a new cauterizing/shadow empowering healing spec. But right now if you aren't a hybrid, you are pretty useless.

I'm 3-5k dps(with legendary) above all other members on my lock and still forced to raid on alts because we usually need a healer or a tank. keep in mind, my alts were leveled for farming and have no shoulder enchants, the sad thing is, I've found out that gear means little in the way of tanks these days, and with reforges, it's pretty simple for a healer to optimize for the encounter if he is a little undergeared.

I am really close to quitting until MoP because of this. Every class should be able to take on 2 roles, and the ones that can't should have something to compensate.

why would anyone play a lock when they could play a priest, druid, or shaman for the utility.

Locks look like they have alot of fun things going on, but philosophically, nothing is going to be different.

Same shit different rotation.
    Sadly that is the game

Since they decided hybrid tax, was for some reason, a "bad idea"(even though it makes perfect logical sense).
    What's the point in bringing that warlock who has three dps specs all capable of pulling 25k when you could bring a boomkin or shadow that can also pull 25k, but spec out into resto/disc/feral/holy for fights where that extra boost is needed.
    The only reason there is actually still pure dpsers is for ease of grouping, no one would want to group up with 3 druids 2 priests 2 paladins 2 warrior and a shaman, but you would be at a distinct advantage of taking a classrun(one of every class)

Then again, time can only tell what will happen, i'm just pinning all my hopes in the fact that MoP will fix this, but not holding my breath because i've seen it all before and been dissapointed
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-02-21 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    yup, our only hope here is for the new buffsystem to adress this.
    maybe by giving pure-classes buffs only pure classes have. we could share our buff with a mage, rouge or hunter for 10mans sake and it would still work.
    imagine only WL and Mages would have 10% spellpower.

lets hope...

Deleted
    Woah, honey, no offense - but I can't read all that(headache!). But, I have to say that I LOVE the whole 'trade blood for spells' theme, using either our health or the health of the demon to cast, Just love the blood mage vibe.Also looking forward to the whole demonic fury thing.

Again, yey for blood, perhaps one day we will be using just that! no mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Woah, honey, no offense - but I can't read all that(headache!). But, I have to say that I LOVE the whole 'trade blood for spells' theme, using either our health or the health of the demon to cast, Just love the blood mage vibe.Also looking forward to the whole demonic fury thing.

Again, yey for blood, perhaps one day we will be using just that! no mana.
    Good to see other people out there are on the same page though and are looking forward to it
    the mechanics do sound really interesting overall, I just can't wait to test them.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-02-21 at 11:52 AM.