Poll: Do you like the direction warlocks are heading?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Good to see other people out there are on the same page though and are looking forward to it
    the mechanics do sound really interesting overall, I just can't wait to test them.
    Nah, already have a headache, that's the thing.

And yeah, I love it all so much that I am just gonna quit and wait for MoP, all the waiting for the cool stuff is ruining my fun.. and we'll have to wait for SO long, stuck with the silly DS raid for 6+ months.bah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Nah, already have a headache, that's the thing.

And yeah, I love it all so much that I am just gonna quit and wait for MoP, all the waiting for the cool stuff is ruining my fun.. and we'll have to wait for SO long, stuck with the silly DS raid for 6+ months.bah.
    I know what you mean :P I'm just passing the time by farming out all the single-player achieves I don't have, but that gets boring quick, I may even have to *gasp* try and achieve something in real life.

Deleted
    I may even have to *gasp* try and achieve something in real life.
    Sounds familiar :P

I really want demo to be a tank spec so bad. With a void walker out, there would be like 2 tanks, if there was massive damage incoming, pop demon soul have the boss hit the voidwalker while all healers are on him and you are health funneling. Meta would be a bear form. Im really hoping my dreams will become a reality...but they are just dreams.

Deleted
    I know what you mean :P I'm just passing the time by farming out all the single-player achieves I don't have, but that gets boring quick, I may even have to *gasp* try and achieve something in real life.
    seems everyone is doing somthing like that right now... farming crowling claw for pokéwow :P (over 100 tol'vir solves and nothing...)

Deleted
    Love the direction we're heading in. Currently all 3 specs play a bit too similarly. Affliction has slightly stronger DoTs, Destro is barely a nuke spec and Demo is just basically Affliction + Destro but with a CD that has cool graphics (Meta).

Deleted
    Love the " 4 buttons for a lock gameplay is fine " /SPIT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Love the " 4 buttons for a lock gameplay is fine " /SPIT
    Well, they said it right here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

There isn’t a magic number for how many rotational abilities a class needs, but we find that about four is the sweet spot. (Warning: four is not a magic number. Please don’t “helpfully” point out classes with more than four abilities as candidates for immediate design overhauls.) Elemental shaman, for example, get most of their damage from Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Flame Shock, and Earth Shock.
    Meh.

Deleted
    To be honest what I think warlocks need in MoP is what the Druids got in Cata:

-Druids in Cata=Less healing centred on HoTs, more on actual cast-time/big heals
    -Locks in MoP=Less damage centred on DoTs, more on actual cast-time/big spells

That might solve our huge problems on trash etc, given the amount of ramp-up time affliction locks for example need with DoTs and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    To be honest what I think warlocks need in MoP is what the Druids got in Cata:

-Druids in Cata=Less healing centred on HoTs, more on actual cast-time/big heals
    -Locks in MoP=Less damage centred on DoTs, more on actual cast-time/big spells

That might solve our huge problems on trash etc, given the amount of ramp-up time affliction locks for example need with DoTs and so on.
    DPS on trash. HA! Why would you care about trash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    DPS on trash. HA! Why would you care about trash?
    On fights like Ultraxion it can be rather troublesome/tiresome stuff, and why would one bring a class that performs well on bosses but not on trash, when one can bring a class that does well on both like DK/Warrior?

Because trash is trash and a boss is a boss? Trash is just a necessary time-waster and filler before a boss, who cares if it dies 5 seconds slower because of DoT ramp time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    On fights like Ultraxion it can be rather troublesome/tiresome stuff, and why would one bring a class that performs well on bosses but not on trash, when one can bring a class that does well on both like DK/Warrior?
    Firstly, The trash before Ultraxion I easily out dps most raids I am in by just dotting everything up, casting haunt on cooldown and when the dragons are spawning slow or are to far away shadow bolt.

Secondly, no decent raid leader would think with that logic, most trash takes a maximum of what 45 seconds? High dps on trash shows that you have great burst. Which for some fights is ideal, but in the long run you want sustained damage. Start setting your Recount or Skada to damage done as opposed to DPS, you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Woah, honey, no offense - but I can't read all that(headache!)
    Have you ever read a book?

I like the changes and i will stay with my lock. Really looking forward MOP!

I'm excited that destro locks aren't fire mages with a twist anymore. Huzzah!