Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Brewmaster Voidgazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Does it update on the fly? As in, start channelling MG standing still, then start moving. Would the cast time increase... halfway through the cast?
    Yes it does.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

  2. #22
    It will not go back down after you stop moving, however.

  3. #23
    Forgive me but how is that known (to both of you) Has it been clarified somewhere?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Why would you want to run around like an idiot while channeling, if standing still gives you more DPS from the MG itself, even if it still does boost DOT ticks when moving?

    Unless there are some heavy movement involved, simply standing still and channeling will outpds KJC any given time.
    I can see that being more a pvp orientated ability than for pve.
    It just depends on how readily we can be interrupted or not.
    The doubling of the cast time would seem to be begging for interrupts.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Forgive me but how is that known (to both of you) Has it been clarified somewhere?
    It was clarified during some Q&A thing Blizzard did a little while back.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I can see that being more a pvp orientated ability than for pve.
    It just depends on how readily we can be interrupted or not.
    The doubling of the cast time would seem to be begging for interrupts.
    which makes our new defensive cd that much more valuable

    edit: i don't remember what it's called off the top of my head but it's X% less damage and immune to interrupts
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    which makes our new defensive cd that much more valuable
    Defensive cooldowns themselves often locked out by an interrupt.
    Being forced to blow defensive cooldowns "just in case" we get interrupted hardly sounds encouraging.
    We should react to what happens, not be forced to pre-empt and be screwed over if we get it wrong, or the opponent simply does it to force the cooldown.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    You'd still have to keep in mind refreshing things like haunt, nightfall procs, and maintaining dots, so I doubt you'd just be able to leave it on a long channel while you run about.
    Still, Affliction would be super fantastic for mobile DPS with this. I can't see it being horribly overpowered though.
    Haunt is gone. The Affliction rotation is basically 'stack dots, channel MG'. I have no idea what, if anything changes for the execute; on the face of it now, Drain Soul as an execute is gone since I think it's double damage is unlikely to make up for the 100% haste loss on DoTs from the MG debuff.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Haunt is gone. The Affliction rotation is basically 'stack dots, channel MG'. I have no idea what, if anything changes for the execute; on the face of it now, Drain Soul as an execute is gone since I think it's double damage is unlikely to make up for the 100% haste loss on DoTs from the MG debuff.
    Hmmm, interesting. Didn't think about the lack of MG during execute. If anything, Drain Soul still be nice for nightfall procs under 25%.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Didn't think about the lack of MG during execute. If anything, Drain Soul still be nice for nightfall procs under 25%.
    Just looked it up. As of now Nightfall only procs from corruption and drain life.

    Unless you mean the 100% increase from the instant nightfalled MG's, but that's what a 9 second debuff? would it even be worth the 1 maybe two ticks of DS?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Just looked it up. As of now Nightfall only procs from corruption and drain life.

    Unless you mean the 100% increase from the instant nightfalled MG's, but that's what a 9 second debuff? would it even be worth the 1 maybe two ticks of DS?
    It would be if the 'Death's Embrace' talent still existed, but that appears to be gone too. I can only assume Affliction is a long way from completion, because there are still evidently a few holes in the build. Personally, I'd just like to see the Nightfall debuff effect as a baseline MG effect, and have MG replacing Haunt in the rotation (but somehow stacking to require a full length channel); it gives us some channeled fill that players demanded while keeping much of the original flavour of SB Affliction to better define the spec from SPriests.

  12. #32
    Death's Embrace increased all your damage by 12%. Unless you're talking about the one that increases drain damage done per affliction debuff, which would still leave Drain Soul doing more DPS than SB (but not by very much), and also increasing Shadow Bite damage (assuming it will still work the same).

    However, I agree that Affliction is nowhere near finished, and we will most likely see a few more significant changes before long.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    I think a double cast time is a little bit ridiculous, considering that a 5 second demo shadow bolt or a 4 second destro incinerate would be less damage than just throwing out a fel flame.
    That's not the point. The point is you don't stand there for 1.9 seconds casting SB but then have to move and lose out on 1.9 seconds of casting, now that SB will take 2.1 seconds but it will still go off.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That's not the point. The point is you don't stand there for 1.9 seconds casting SB but then have to move and lose out on 1.9 seconds of casting, now that SB will take 2.1 seconds but it will still go off.
    You don't need talents to do that, the spell queueing system has had that effect for years

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That's not the point. The point is you don't stand there for 1.9 seconds casting SB but then have to move and lose out on 1.9 seconds of casting, now that SB will take 2.1 seconds but it will still go off.
    So the point is for that one spell you cast right as you start moving before you start spamming fel flame? I'm sure that's the issue Blizzard is trying to fix with the talent.

    I think they'll probably lower the casting penalty. That or it will mainly only be taken by affliction/pvp builds.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You don't need talents to do that, the spell queueing system has had that effect for years
    Read that again. The spell queueing system has nothing to do with that.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    So the point is for that one spell you cast right as you start moving before you start spamming fel flame? I'm sure that's the issue Blizzard is trying to fix with the talent.

    I think they'll probably lower the casting penalty. That or it will mainly only be taken by affliction/pvp builds.
    Sometimes that one spell just isn't a filler nuke, sometimes it will be refreshing other spells / buffs (say a haunt or tick of drain soul, or a soulfire, etc). That'd be a huge quality of life issue.

    But I didn't take afflic pvp into account (probably because I don't pvp), but it'll be useful for them, too ... Drain Soul/Life, and los around a pillar, it's ticking half as fast but it's still ticking and you're los ... so, yeah, there's that.

  18. #38
    forgive me for lack of blue-link, but there was clarification on this a while ago.

    It only affects your casttime / channel time - ie, UA will take longer to cast, but will tick just as normal once it is up.
    Since the channel speeds dots up - I would expect that to be fine, but the channel itself is your filler replacement, that is about 20-25% of your damage at present, and it will still be significant. So you would be losing out on your channel damage, while gaining nothing (pve).

    PvP, I expect it to get nerfed, and ruin my pve utility :'(

  19. #39
    "You'd still have to keep in mind refreshing things like haunt"

    There is no Haunt anymore

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    forgive me for lack of blue-link, but there was clarification on this a while ago.

    It only affects your casttime / channel time - ie, UA will take longer to cast, but will tick just as normal once it is up.
    Since the channel speeds dots up - I would expect that to be fine, but the channel itself is your filler replacement, that is about 20-25% of your damage at present, and it will still be significant. So you would be losing out on your channel damage, while gaining nothing (pve).

    PvP, I expect it to get nerfed, and ruin my pve utility :'(

    If we lose a small portion of our damage only while moving, then I would happily take that as a sacrifice because it would be the first time we can use most of, if not all our toolset whle moving, and taking a far smaller hit on dps than we do currently.
    What are we limited to currently on the move ? Fel Flame and depending on specs an occasional cooldown or proc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •