Oceanic Servers - Bioware true to their word

Not sure how many people have seen this, or if hardly anyone cares. Bioware recently announced that they are implementing their servers in Oceania, they are selling to the stores, and offering free server transfer for existing oceanic players on 1st March.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120214

As an oceanic player I am overjoyed at this. I heard rumors but didn't expect it to come for a long time. Finally we will be given decent ping, and on a desperate hope - decent shutdown times. The oceanic community at the moment is rather small, with us all packed into the Swiftsure and a few others dotted around some other servers. However just keep in mind that amount of players was purely from Amazon shipments, and Key sales websites. That's the only way we can get it over here. With it being sold in EB / JB HI-FI / Game and other retailers the community will no doubt boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

They're taking my Aussie friends away from me without allowing me to transfer with them. I mean, it's great for the Aussies and I'm happy for them, but now I'll have to relevel to 50 and be way behind. Oh well.

p.s. maintenance times will still be based on the US central timezone. As far as I know, they have not made any announcements about changing the maintenance window. Sorry

US central time maintenance will actually work out fine for oceanic players, it's EU players who get shafted.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please do a search prior to posting. This topic has been covered previously. Thread Closed