Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by shoju View Post
    These Blue Posts just further reinforce that I have absolutely 0 desire to play the game in 5.0 or beyond. I don't even understand the logic that they are trying to use to justify some things anymore. They want it easy, because it was too hard, and too uninteresting, but then they change it, and say that it should be all about "flavor" and then start backtracking from that when it's brought back up?

    The new talent system isn't even a talent system. its more like a spell system you would see in a FF Console game. /yawn.
    Some of the questions asked and comments like yours reinforce that most of us have absolutely 0 desire to play the game in 5.0 or beyond with players like you. Good riddance! /yawn.

  2. #22
    Dark Soul: Knowledge = costs 15,000 mana, has a 2-minute cooldown, and increases your Mastery by 30 for 20-seconds.Is it just me, or is that a lot of mana to spend on 20-sec on +30 Mastery... The other two are 30%, so I assume [always dangerous] that is it supposed to be Mastery increased by 30%, and not just by 30.

  3. #23
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,954
    Omg. My thread, which got a blue post, is now on MMO-Champ. I am happyface :3 Also: Darn, wish I could stack 2 Runes of Power

  4. #24

  5. #25
    Legendary! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    This is the questions you get when american kids get to ask questions :/ I only see "whine whine whine, you don't do exactly what me and 5 others want bla bla bla" I'm from Europe and I like the hunter talents, the pve scenarios and that pandarens are finally being put into the game.

    Yay, because being european means you're better than Americans and your opinion counts more.....

  6. #26
    Symbiosis seems to be a really interesting ability, I look forward to trying that out. The example of giving ferals frost nova made me chuckle too

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    Dark Soul: Knowledge = costs 15,000 mana, has a 2-minute cooldown, and increases your Mastery by 30 for 20-seconds.Is it just me, or is that a lot of mana to spend on 20-sec on +30 Mastery... The other two are 30%, so I assume [always dangerous] that is it supposed to be Mastery increased by 30%, and not just by 30.
    It's 30 Mastery, not 30 Mastery Rating. Right now it'd probably be more than a 100% increase of your current mastery.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    The new poison stuff within Shiv is good stuff, Mainly the root thing. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed.
    You know that they are really, really good.

    I expect nerfs ;P

  9. #29
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavande View Post
    No we will all go to "elitistjerks" to see what ones we have to change for each fight.
    So it'll be even more difficult, because we'll have to type in the extra letters required for the individual boss names, instead of just typing in the spec and role once at the beginning of each patch like we do now.

    Besides, it's much harder to judge the raw DPS output of "situational" abilities, which almost all of these are.

  10. #30
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    131
    I just hope that these changes dont ruin mages, I have to say I dont understand these changes yet but it worry me to see that they happy about we still got teleportation, just remember we cant kill a boss with that. I played mage for 3+ year and I love it, even though when we get a buff its getting removed again because of whinning, we have atleast been near top in dps anyways ( as i suppose we meant too be, since we are a pure dps class). I see how other classses get big improvement in their dps, so I guess mages get that too right?

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    3 times i asked blizzard why they didnt update the lore regarding Quel Thelas and the Azuremyst isles when they redid the rest of cataclysm, and how, subsequently, the game wasnt updated to allow flying. 3 times they deleted my comment with no reason why, Despite the fact that on page 7 of that CDEV questions thing, up until about 2 hours ago, someone had posted saying, You suck. I'm pretty miffed at blizz TBH
    Because you're asking a question about quest and zone design, which CDev doesn't have any sort of direct control over.

    This has also already been explained officially. It was even in the behind the scenes DVD when the expansion first came out.

    Quel'thalas and the -myst Isles don't have flying enabled because they're part of the Outland map and world server.

    Blizzard did some preliminary work moving them onto the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor map and servers, but with the amount of work needed to pull this off (including moving large amounts of terrain, doodads, and NPCs, and remodeling Silvermoon City and Zul'Aman to accommodate flight) it was determined that they wouldn't have been able to finish it in time for Cataclysm's launch, so they decided to focus only on revamping the zones from classic WoW.

    Quel'thalas and the draenei starting zones did get some minor updates, with new intro narration, additional flight paths, and some alterations to early quests.

    Additionally, if you want to view a more modern look at the Isle of Quel'danas, you can get yourself a Broken Hilt and do the Quel'delar quest chain, which includes visiting a phased "modern" version of Quel'danas and the Sunwell, as it's being rebuilt and repaired by the blood elves.

  12. #32
    Legendary! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So it'll be even more difficult, because we'll have to type in the extra letters required for the individual boss names, instead of just typing in the spec and role once at the beginning of each patch like we do now.

    Besides, it's much harder to judge the raw DPS output of "situational" abilities, which almost all of these are.



    So they want to make it harder for us to choose which talents to use? I thought it was the opposite. Not to mention, most of the talents look like they are pointed towards one aspect of the game (pvp/pve), so I don't think it will be much harder, if at all. People said the same in cata. The new talent system is going to cut out the 'cookie cutter' and make everyone choose what they want, when they want!!!!!

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    1,037
    Yay for nothing at all about Shaman from Blizzard! BRB, rerolling a Death Knight

  14. #34
    So the idea behind players being rewarded based on the efforts is basically being tossed to the side now? It at least appears that way with features like LFR which allows players to go afk and intentionally leach off of other players and collect rewards that improve their "power", while the new challenge modes which require effort from each individual player working together as a team just rewards cosmetic rewards.
    You make this claim as though the Raid Finder is synonymous with Heroic raids, in terms of providing the highest quality gear in the game. That's not the case. Even with Raid Finder and PvE Challenges in Mists of Pandaria, the best sets in the game (stat-wise) will still be rather difficult to obtain.
    He knows exactly what he meant. Keep pulling that lame hardmode card. If you think hardmodes and 25 man raids with their very low rewards, compared to the very easy normal mode and extremely easy LFR and the 10 man raids which costs far less time to organize, are enough for people who want to spend more time in the game you are pretty ignorant.
    People are not going to try hard for some cosmetic stuff for ever. When you are better and put in more effort/time you should be more powerfull. In WoW this is barely the case.

    It's funny, they lose so many subs and then when someone complains (which in the end can make a good point) they brush it off like this.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 09:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So they want to make it harder for us to choose which talents to use? I thought it was the opposite. Not to mention, most of the talents look like they are pointed towards one aspect of the game (pvp/pve), so I don't think it will be much harder, if at all. People said the same in cata. The new talent system is going to cut out the 'cookie cutter' and make everyone choose what they want, when they want!!!!!
    It's not going to be harder. Maybe when you have to choose between situational usefull talents on bossfights to min/max and gain 100 dps when you are doing 50k dps is a hard decision. But the impact they have is so small that no one will notice.

    And like you say some tiers are plain pve/pvp choices just like some of the last tiers are just a choice between a tanking talent, AoE damage or singletarget damage talent. Real hard choice...

    They made these talents because it is easier for them to balance and it's even more noob/bad friendly. People will still laugh their ass off when they see some idiot dpsing with shockwave or an AoE taunt.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-02-17 at 08:17 AM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yay, because being european means you're better than Americans and your opinion counts more.....
    That is correct, sir.

  16. #36
    Legendary! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's not going to be harder. Maybe when you have to choose between situational usefull talents on bossfights to min/max and gain 100 dps when you are doing 50k dps is a hard decision. But the impact they have is so small that no one will notice.

    And like you say some tiers are plain pve/pvp choices just like some of the last tiers are just a choice between a tanking talent, AoE damage or singletarget damage talent. Real hard choice...

    They made these talents because it is easier for them to balance and it's even more noob/bad friendly. People will still laugh their ass off when they see some idiot dpsing with shockwave or an AoE taunt.
    I totally agree. I'm not terribly against the new talents, or changes overall. I also wasn't in love with the old Classic WoW's talents either. But I don't want these changes to take place under a false banner like "making tough situational choices." Thats silly. An overhaul is great if they would just call it that.

    All those who are crapping their pants over "tough choices inbound" need to get over themselves.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 03:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mister20 View Post
    That is correct, sir.

    Do you really want to have that discussion? Bad trolololol.

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So they want to make it harder for us to choose which talents to use? I thought it was the opposite. Not to mention, most of the talents look like they are pointed towards one aspect of the game (pvp/pve), so I don't think it will be much harder, if at all. People said the same in cata. The new talent system is going to cut out the 'cookie cutter' and make everyone choose what they want, when they want!!!!!
    No, I was using a sarcastic flare to poke fun at people that would prefer the current talent system purely because they think it's "harder" to choose talents "right," and is therefore better.

    As for the talents themselves, Blizzard is hoping that people will select talents that sound fun to them to use, as they wont be easily relegated to "if you want to max your DPS, take X situational talent." So they're edging towards making them a non-issue, versus their current state, in which they themselves are incredibly important, but are basically made a non-issue through the use of the internet. As it stands now, the system is basically like paying a tribute of 30g for a talent reset of 85, and then clicking 41 buttons ceremonially in a sequence given to you by a website to get that part of your character squared away until GC decides your class needs a nerf.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-02-17 at 08:59 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So they want to make it harder for us to choose which talents to use? I thought it was the opposite. Not to mention, most of the talents look like they are pointed towards one aspect of the game (pvp/pve), so I don't think it will be much harder, if at all. People said the same in cata. The new talent system is going to cut out the 'cookie cutter' and make everyone choose what they want, when they want!!!!!
    There giving you more situational choices, take druid tier 1 for an example feline swiftness would be awesome for a ragnaros type fight but wild charge might be better for V&T (flame breath, second boss in BoT) all 3 choices in that tier could be great for pvp.
    I only really know druids so that's why i use that as an example, the whole tree has some tough choices for both pve and pvp except level 90 cause one is pointless and one talent is obvious pve but both of the good talents could be good in pvp.

    Not all tiers are gonna have clear choices on what you should take but some tiers will have obvious choices, sure someone will figure out whats "best" on a per fight situation based on there strategy but choosing a talent that you like better probably wont limit you in MoP as much as doing that would right now

    Right now you don't really have choices cause if you don't take that dps/hps increase talent your a baddie.
    In MoP your choosing utility so your choice is based more on play style or what the fight and your group needs instead of 15% mana reduction (as an example)

    Even if someone figures out what every class should use on every single fight im not sure how feline swiftness (15% increased speed) would be that much different then wild charge (charge to a ally's location) except a playstyle choice.

  19. #39
    I really love when Blizzard so openly discusses their design intentions and goals. That what I really loved about Ghostcrawler and Co. during WotLK days.

  20. #40
    Legendary! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    There giving you more situational choices, take druid tier 1 for an example feline swiftness would be awesome for a ragnaros type fight but wild charge might be better for V&T (flame breath, second boss in BoT) all 3 choices in that tier could be great for pvp.
    I only really know druids so that's why i use that as an example, the whole tree has some tough choices for both pve and pvp except level 90 cause one is pointless and one talent is obvious pve but both of the good talents could be good in pvp.

    Not all tiers are gonna have clear choices on what you should take but some tiers will have obvious choices, sure someone will figure out whats "best" on a per fight situation based on there strategy but choosing a talent that you like better probably wont limit you in MoP as much as doing that would right now

    Right now you don't really have choices cause if you don't take that dps/hps increase talent your a baddie.
    In MoP your choosing utility so your choice is based more on play style or what the fight and your group needs instead of 15% mana reduction (as an example)

    Even if someone figures out what every class should use on every single fight im not sure how feline swiftness (15% increased speed) would be that much different then wild charge (charge to a ally's location) except a playstyle choice.


    This is EXACTLY what people said about the cata changes. Almost to the T. Many posts and people I spoke to were convinced the cata changes would fix the cookie cutter specs, and make it to where you can make fun choices and not lose dps by choosing what you want.

    So these changes make it to where instead of looking at a website for my spec 90% of the time, I'll have to look at a website for ever boss or situation I'm in? That sounds like the same thing to me. I'm not dogging the changes. A lot of them seem neat. I like the idea of, for instance of Rogues needing to choose between Prep and Shadowstep. I just don't like how some people hail the changes with the banner of making things more making interesting choices and utility. I think rogues who prefer ShS will choose it and Rogues who like Prep will stick with it.

    Looking over at the Druid tier, how many of the tier actually have you making a hard choice for healing in raid? Or Tanking in one? I feel like for the most part there will be clear cut choices depending on your role in the raid or pvp group comp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •