Thread: Aftermath

10+ Year Old Account

Aftermath

I noticed that the post, and some people missed, Aftermath; warlocks; destruction

Aftermath: rain of fire does not need to be channeled, and will stun all enemies struck for 2 seconds.

this seems cool, so we can cast a rain of fire, with mannoroth's fury and watch it stun the crap out of everyone in a BG every time it ticks twice?

Edit, I spelt the title wrong /shame

also rain of fire deals 50% more damage if the target is immolated.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2012-02-17 at 05:22 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Fire-and-forget Rain of Fire. I like it. And 2x the radius is a seriously huge swath of destruction. I feel like they are trying to make Demo and Destro more fun for PvP, large scale at least. Probably ties into the Horde vs. Alliance theme of the MoP.

Fire and Brimstone: Your next immolate... ...will hit all targets within 15 yards of the target and deal 44.29% of their normal damage.

With a good timing, this could make a really good combo with the new Rain of Fire. You could either try getting it off before casting Rain of Fire, making it do double damage + you get the immolate ticks at 44.29% damage, or in situation where there are more movement you could get it off while people are stunned by Aftermath.

just to be clear, the tooltip of mannoroth's fury states that it increases the radius by 200%. If the tooltip means exactly what it says, then mannoroth's fury increases the base radius by 3x, not 2x. further clarification: an increase of 100% effectively doubles the radius, and an increase of 200% effectively triples the radius. assuming the base radius of rain of fire is 8 yards, it becomes 24 yards. the diameter is 48 yards~ a distance greater than the range of shadow bolt.

a lot of people are showing discontent with the level 90 choices, specifically mannoroth's fury. i'm not convinced the level 90 talents are supposed to be effective; more likely, they are made to be "cool". 48 yard diameter rain of fire? that sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ikyle620 View Post
    just to be clear, the tooltip of mannoroth's fury states that it increases the radius by 200%. If the tooltip means exactly what it says, then mannoroth's fury increases the base radius by 3x, not 2x. further clarification: an increase of 100% effectively doubles the radius, and an increase of 200% effectively triples the radius. assuming the base radius of rain of fire is 8 yards, it becomes 24 yards. the diameter is 48 yards~ a distance greater than the range of shadow bolt.

a lot of people are showing discontent with the level 90 choices, specifically mannoroth's fury. i'm not convinced the level 90 talents are supposed to be effective; more likely, they are made to be "cool". 48 yard diameter rain of fire? that sounds pretty cool.
    I agree that people are seriously underestimating how much of an improvement a 200% increase is.

90 yard diameter of seed of corruption. You could technically hit a mob 80 yards away with a corruption.

90 yard diameter on hellfire. In meta, you wouldn't need to be in melee range for immolation aura.

120 yard diameter curse aura in meta.

90 yard diameter Fire and Brimstone. Everything in existence will be immolated.

24 yard shadowflame cone? Not sure if it would affect this one.