Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    OK or "right" ?

Chatting is not an exam. So it got to be whether it is OK to speak in such manners.

Oh. The irony. What manners talk about manners? It is OK that you think so, if it's OK that I think the opposite.

Regardless. All kind of strange abbreviations will continue to be used and will continue to come. Personally I am happy the language is not so rigid among very rigid people or very rigid facts. It is much easier to make a smile if you are free for language restraints. Kind of why swearing is allowed on this forum, strangely when so much else are not.
    Promoting laziness is a very sad, sad thing. If you want to go around breaking down every single word into letters, then you're no longer speaking English. All this does is spread ignorance and make it ok to be. What's so wrong with using the skills you've learned since grade school on a forum? Are people really that lazy that they can't be bothered to press two or more simple keystrokes?(That was a general statement, not directed at you.) And much easier to make a smile free from language restraints? What the hell are you talking about? If someone comes up to me and starts talking in memes, or if a young adult comes up to me and starts talking like a small child, I'm just disappointed. I will give some credit to people who don't understand the language, but when it's your primary, then people need to actually learn the language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

context.
    Y did you go that?! y=why
    Y i do love chocolate. y=yes
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Promoting laziness is a very sad, sad thing. If you want to go around breaking down every single word into letters, then you're no longer speaking English. All this does is spread ignorance and make it ok to be. What's so wrong with using the skills you've learned since grade school on a forum? Are people really that lazy that they can't be bothered to press two or more simple keystrokes?(That was a general statement, not directed at you.) And much easier to make a smile free from language restraints? What the hell are you talking about? If someone comes up to me and starts talking in memes, or if a young adult comes up to me and starts talking like a small child, I'm just disappointed. I will give some credit to people who don't understand the language, but when it's your primary, then people need to actually learn the language.
    When people say "octopi", it is historically incorrect.

When people say "cherry", it is historically incorrect.

The fact that we don't use octopedes or cherries is disappointing.

Next time I ask "ready?'' and someone responds with "y" I am going to respond with "Because I want to pull, are you ready?"

Type out your damn words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    Then I shall issue judgement in your peculiar use of the word "prerogative" and your need to assume I lack knowledge of rhetorical devices. Furthermore when you say "the question mark at the end of my first post indicates an inflection, which is used for questions and curiosities" you are saying that "inflection" is used for questions and curiosities, not that "question mark" is. Take a look on how subject use works.

No, but really, let's not gt on a slippery slope and earn a ban. Neither of us wins, ok?
    I was using the word prerogative as my personal right to think however I want and to use the language how I want to. Its not peculiar at all. Its right in the merriam-webster definition.

Inflections are used to indicate a question in spoken speech. I never said that is their only use. That again is your assumption.

I also love how you changed your first post that I quoted. That change was much needed.

I'm out after this as our personal little debate might derail this thread, which I do not want to do.
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.