15+ Year Old Account

Dragon Age: Origins DLC

So I recently bought the Ultimate Edition of the game, due to it being a great deal $14 + all DLC, rather than buying the DLC separately. I just finished up Redcliffe and I'm about to start the Urn quest, as an indicator of where I am in the story (not too far, I presume).
    This game has quite a bit of DLC, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving it a rating out of 10, why you gave it that (without spoiling anything), and in what order I should play it all, whether it's mixed with the main storyline or after.
    We've got: Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, Darkspawn Chronicles, Awakening, Leliana's Song, Golems of Agmarrak, and Witch Hunt. Thanks!

Deleted
    *bump*

I also just recently bought ultimate edition, so Im wondering exactly the same.

Btw I got an extra ultimate edition cd-key(bought UE twice cuz the dlcs on the first didnt work, emailed both retailer and EA without success so bought a new one just for the dlcs, they were so cheap so didnt matter), but without the DLC, just the key for Origins + Awakening if any1 is interested, pm me!

I didn't do all of them, but here goes.

-Stone Prisoner- 10/10
    One of the best companions, even if it does seem immersion breaking that you have a golem following you around.

-Warden's Keep- 4/10
    It's just boring overall.

-Darkspawn Chronicles- 8/10
    This is kind of a "love it or hate it" DLC. Some people didn't dig the concept at all, but I LOVED the fact that you're pretty much controlling the darkspawn during the final conflict in the original game as if the warden you played had never passed the trials to join, meaning Alistair is leading the characters from the game against the archdemon.

Unfortunately, it is just the final conflict from the original game and not a full blown campaign like I was hoping ti would be. And it ends rather abrubtly... Could have used an epilogue. But it's still very cool.

-Awakening- 6/10
    I rank this so low because it's supposed to be an actual expansion but it's REALLY fucking short. Yeah, a lot of really cool stuff does happen, but it kind of sucks how only one character from Origins is brought back and everyone else is gone. It's still worth playing if you want the full story.

-Witch Hunt- 6/10
    If you want the conclusion to Origin's story you really have to play this one. It was... Okay...

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a late reply, but I appreciate it. Awakening seems like it'd be kind of long but I guess not? And short with Dragon Age is relative. Like 8 hours or more like 3-4?
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Awakening would seem a fantastic expansion for most games, but compared to the original Origins campaign it is rather short and lacks the depth and control you have in Origins. it's still worth playing, but there's much fewer choices and much less to do, so it's nowhere near as replayable as Origins itself

I enjoyed Soldier's Peak/Warden's Keep as it's got a few choices so you can do it differently on different characters, which is a rare quality in a DLC. it's also got a nice story, nothing special but worth playing a couple of times

Leliana's Song is best played once you're far enough into Origins to know Leliana's backstory otherwise it contains some spoilers which, in my opinion, are better experienced in Origins. it's an average DLC, worth playing at least once

Darkspawn Chronicles should not be played until you've completed Origins at least once otherwise it has some major spoilers. it's quite fun but it's an alternate reality so not cannon

the overall order though is Origins > Awakening > Golems > Witch Hunt and I'd recommend Leliana's Song and Darkspawn between Origins and Awakening
    the rest of the DLC is played inside of Origins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I didn't do all of them, but here goes.

-Stone Prisoner- 10/10
    One of the best companions, even if it does seem immersion breaking that you have a golem following you around.

-Warden's Keep- 4/10
    It's just boring overall.

-Darkspawn Chronicles- 8/10
    This is kind of a "love it or hate it" DLC. Some people didn't dig the concept at all, but I LOVED the fact that you're pretty much controlling the darkspawn during the final conflict in the original game as if the warden you played had never passed the trials to join, meaning Alistair is leading the characters from the game against the archdemon.

Unfortunately, it is just the final conflict from the original game and not a full blown campaign like I was hoping ti would be. And it ends rather abrubtly... Could have used an epilogue. But it's still very cool.

-Awakening- 6/10
    I rank this so low because it's supposed to be an actual expansion but it's REALLY fucking short. Yeah, a lot of really cool stuff does happen, but it kind of sucks how only one character from Origins is brought back and everyone else is gone. It's still worth playing if you want the full story.

-Witch Hunt- 6/10
    If you want the conclusion to Origin's story you really have to play this one. It was... Okay...

30 hours short for a 30€ expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    30 hours short for a 30€ expansion?
    I don't know what you did that caused you to get twice as much playtime out of it as I did (multiple playthroughs?), but I do expect more out of something that cost me 40 dollars.

The order you should play is :

Leliana's Song-> Stone Prisoner(During main game) -> Warden's Keep(During main game) -> Return to Ostagar(During main game) -> Awakening -> Golems of Amgarrak -> Witch Hunt

Darkspawn Chronicles is a what-if scenario. I recommend that you play it after finishing the main game.