Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I... Hate... Frost.. Mages!

thoughts on frost mages?

15+ Year Old Account
    can be beaten by any class, pls stop complaining...

Frost Mages can own bad players very easily, because we have a lot a pretty heavy bag of tricks. If you get close, we can blink away. If we need space, we can root you or stun you. We can even put a ring around us to buy us some time.

However, its also very easy to shut down a mage by putting pressure on them. They can't cast and move to do any noticeable damage. They can't be offensive when they are trying to be defensive, and without going defensive they die very easily. Every class out there has counters to every one of the mages little bag of tricks, you just need to know when to use them.

Additionally, Frost Mages are the lowest dps specs in the game by a large margin which they sacrifice for the level of control you find frustrating. If you put pressure on them, that dps plummets even further. Despite being a huge PvPer, and prefering to PvP on my main, I don't even like to arena as frost anymore because 95% of the time I'm just running for my life - I prefer Rated BGs where I can hide out and not be as big of a target. I consistently can destroy frost mages with my druid in any spec, my rogue, my ele shaman, and my frost death knight.

If you are getting owned by them consistently, its likely you are doing things wrong and need to learn how to play a bit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are counterable and beatable by any class, they are just simply more difficult to kill than most other classes. You must know specifically how to counter them and have some knowledge of which of their CCs you want to break with your trinket, which spells to interrupt etc.
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Deleted
    Somewhat difficult to beat as a warrior, but they are quite weak if you pressure them.

Deleted
    Additionally, Frost Mages are the lowest dps specs in the game by a large margin
    but they have a shit load of burst

OP:

You are hunter? I guess it is a rethorical question. Im with you:/

Exploiting minimal range makes hunter sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    OP:

Fixed in MoP!

On topic: While I agree with the statement any class can beat any other it is only under certain circumstances. If two players of equal skill play two chars of equal gear I disagree however unless one makes a mistake. There are some classes that will beat others unless some outside force changes that. Mages may have low DPS but they have high burst which is all that matters in PvP. Sustained DPS does not win a 1v1 fight, burst does and mages have it. They also have insane amounts of control without having to sacrifice for it.

OP:

Hunters are every single Frost Mage's worst nightmare especially good Hunters. I use to play on my hunter and I use to occasionally get my ass handed to me only cause I wasn't in PVP gear and had 0 resilience. But mages would sometimes root me and close me down where I couldn't attack at all. I don't think I have a hard time with any other class.

However, a decently geared Hunter with some skill can easily take out a Mage.

Deleted
    OP:

I'm a DK, and I find fmages rather easy to kill. Still, I think they're op.

10+ Year Old Account
    on my hunter i only have a problem with frost mages when there are 2 of them...

10+ Year Old Account
    One spell that just makes me mad is "Spell steal"! I was so mad when blizzard backtrack on there best idea yet of putting a small CD on it before the ZG/ZA patch! F-ing spell steal spam.
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Actually, only Hunters stand a chance assuming equal gear, RNG, skill etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vesri View Post
    I'm a DK, and I find fmages rather easy to kill. Still, I think they're op.
    Easy to kill.....? op.......? *shrugs*

Very OP. The damage and control is stupidly absurd.

err hunters only stand a chance when the mage doesnt spell steal your masters call
    seems pretty balanced if they dont steal it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post

nice one mr.mage

Deleted
    going to be troll threat

Deleted
    I used to play a arms warrior and could make mince pies out of mages, you just have to beat them at their own game, don't let them cast anything. It's not that hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    I used to play a arms warrior and could make mince pies out of mages, you just have to beat them at their own game, don't let them cast anything. It's not that hard.
    mages using a casted spell ? wtf is this sorcery...
    i though it was deep freeze - ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance