Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Well the info I got on the battery situation was from a review article in the March GameInformer magazine!
    Ahh well that explains it than lol. You would think journalists would at least research their articles before spewing mindless misinformed crap. Here is the diagram from the Japanese Vita manual on how to change the battery. It does NOT void the warranty to change it also. Couldn't find an image of the English one.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Best looking game IMO is Rayman Origins

It looks the exact same as the PS3 version that came out last year
    Looks exactly like the 3DS version too, it's not a very graphics intensive game due to the side scrolling.

Can improve the graphics of PSP games on the vita.

GTA Chinatown Wars looks vastly improved.

Also this console so far is 100000% better than the 3DS. If you have one mutant blobs attack is an amazing cheap game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Also this console so far is 100000% better than the 3DS.
    lol okay

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a play station model fan, but some years ago i realized that it makes no point buying an Xbox, PS or whatever.. they are all *basically* the same, and they get old.

To be honest ,a proper computer gives all that you need. You can play any game you wish with a sixaxis, dualshock or nintendo controller, you can almost play all the games you wish to.. and those who aren't there for PC would be just if people wouldn't buy consoles.

A computer gets old prety soon.. but let's be honest.. you DO NOT need to upgrade your graphic card every year... :P

In a computer you can also easily creat mods, change the games and use their data to make thousand of things with it.

I have the PS3 which i have used like 10 hours... it was a present which i never understood. Kinda useless if you ask me when you have a computer where i can storage, play, watch, etc.

But hey, if you like consoles go ahead ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    /snip
    Good luck putting a desktop computer in your pocket.

This thread is for discussing the Sony Vita, not debating PC vs Consoles vs Handhelds

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol okay
    That all you got?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not had a handheld since gameboy colour, they just don't interest me in the slightest. Why would i ever buy a handheld when i have my pc, ps3 and xbox360. I would only ever use it during a long travel on holiday or something. I tried my mates for about 10 minutes and i thought it was really shit and not worth even a fraction of the price it is at the moment tbh.

Only chance of me getting one is if Monster Hunter comes out again. Playstation Monster Hunter titles have always been a lot more fun than what I've played on the Wii

Deleted
    That all you got?
    yes.. cant compete against such vita highlights as upscaling chinatown wars and mutant blobs.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clarden View Post
    Only chance of me getting one is if Monster Hunter comes out again. Playstation Monster Hunter titles have always been a lot more fun than what I've played on the Wii
    can you explain.. i find that really strange is this a nostalgia thing?
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-02-29 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yes.. cant compete against such vita highlights as upscaling chinatown wars and mutant blobs.
    True it is. And ofcourse the other things which make it way better than my 3DS which is gathering dust.

Have you even played the vita yet? Or are you just watching YouTube and reading biased reviews? Or do you simply just love your Pokemon games so much!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Tablets are pretty primitive in terms of gaming, and I highly doubt companies like apple and samsung will get gaming right. IMO, handhelds will never be surpassed and I doubt developers would want to leave the market. A 40 dollar vita game or 10 dollar app store item, not a difficult decision.

This is kind of old news here but it shows how the trend is moving and fast. Developers and publishers have started pulling away from traditional handhelds. Vita is a nice unit but for $250 ill stick with my Kindle Fire or even toss in $50 more for a better tablet. The only advantage Vita has is the comfort of having controls. Given around a year and Touch Screen tech will have caught up enough to take the advantage away.

Now as far as a $40 Vita game vs a $10 App, if Japan sales are a way to judge the units success I would as a publisher target a larger Audience. How many Android or Apple units are out?? 80+ million vs a possible Vita sales. Where do you thing the money is, that is where and what developers and game publishers are after.

I hate that iPhones are even considered "gaming software" since they aren't made 100% for gaming, also, games like Angry Bird I just don't count as real games. :/

Deleted
    50/50 for me really... I'm currently in no position to actually be able to afford one for a long time >.< as well as the 3DS. I really would like one but I don't lol at least not yet... Like I did with the Playstation 3 I will wait a few months and view how it starts off, what games are going and continue reading reviews. I will admit it's a nice looking piece of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by lockthompson View Post
    It'll be a flop in my opinion. Ridiculously overpriced proprietary format memory rather than using a simple micro-sd card or similar, no backwards capability and not to mention the expensive price of the Vita starting at $349AUD and you don't even get a memory card with the purchase! You can buy a 160GB PS3 w/hdmi cable + 2 games for the same price and even that comes with it's own memory unlike the Vita.

In summary, there's better things to spend your money on at the price and unless there is a price drop on the Vita + memory cards, it's future doesn't look too bright as noticed in the severe drop off in people who bought it in Japan (78%!).
    WAT?When you buy it you get memory card here in norway.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 09:31 AM ----------

I just wait till custom firmware comes out and then bam homebrew games once again

Given around a year and Touch Screen tech will have caught up enough to take the advantage away.
    There's nothing touchscreen tech can do to catch up with physical controls. Main disadvantage of touchscreens for gaming are: a) Obscuring the screen and what's happening on the screen with fingers; b) Lack of response/feeling of control. Combine the two and some genres will never be any good while using a touchscreen no matter how much tech improves. Some genres just won't work with a pure touchscreen scheme.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the next month or two I am still deciding to invest my money on either a Vita or a Golden Axe arcade cabinet. Right now I am thinking I may hold off on the Vita since there are not a whole lot of games out for it that I want to play yet, same thing however is for 3DS for me also but that has Kid Icarus Uprising coming out soon which I am looking forward to. I really hope the Vita ends up how the PSP was with an amazing collection of RPGs for it. I may actually wait a while to see if a newer model comes out that allows you to connect to a television to play like the 3000/2000 model PSP, that really set it apart for me and made it more enjoyable for me then the DS, PSP was probably like my 6th or 5th favorite system of all time.

Deleted
    True it is. And ofcourse the other things which make it way better than my 3DS which is gathering dust.

Have you even played the vita yet? Or are you just watching YouTube and reading biased reviews? Or do you simply just love your Pokemon games so much!
    only uncharted and while it looks okay, the vita controls feel awkward. Personally with handhelds i like games which offer me something different to the console experience usually with its look, feel and how it plays. The 3ds does that, vita doesnt and imo offers very little in innovation, originality and the most important part.. games which appeal to me. If you like the vita line up, then your going to probably like the vit but if you prefer the 3ds then your going to prefer that. Its all about choice and opinions.

TBH why did you buy a 3ds? LoZ, mario kart, mario world 3d, resident evil, Street Fighter, Metal Gear Solid, Tales of the abyss, Ghost Recon: shadow wars, Star fox, DS titles, eshop and upcoming Kid Icarus, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Kingdom hearts, Professor layton and more not enough?

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    In the next month or two I am still deciding to invest my money on either a Vita or a Golden Axe arcade cabinet. Right now I am thinking I may hold off on the Vita since there are not a whole lot of games out for it that I want to play yet, same thing however is for 3DS for me also but that has Kid Icarus Uprising coming out soon which I am looking forward to. I really hope the Vita ends up how the PSP was with an amazing collection of RPGs for it. I may actually wait a while to see if a newer model comes out that allows you to connect to a television to play like the 3000/2000 model PSP, that really set it apart for me and made it more enjoyable for me then the DS, PSP was probably like my 6th or 5th favorite system of all time.
    golden axe

Im waiting till more rpg's come to the vita before picking one up. Main reason why the psp was worth having imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Also since you seem to lack any research skills you would know that the Vita is the second best selling sony console ever released in Japan. Only the PS2 at this point in its life was a better selling system. Also, people who expected it to do magnificent in Japan with no Japanese titles at launch are funny. Uncharted is not exactly a best selling title over there. It would be the same as throwing a CoD title at japan, ignorantly expecting huge sales, than when it sells like crap, claiming doom and gloom for the title repeatedly.
    I'd like to throw this point back at you a bit since your research skills seem to be lackluster at best.. It doesn't mean alot if the PS2 was the only Sony console to sell better than the vita at 'this point in it's life', what it comes down to is the fact that the current Vita sales are not good overall in Japan. The PSP is still currently selling more in Japan than the Vita, and searching the internet seems to suggest that it has been the case for months now.

Plus to further downplay it's impact to the market, the 3DS is still outselling it aswell. But hey, nice try on saving face there
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job