Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Monster Hunter on PS Vita is already out in Japan (or was it China..) and they seem to be die hard fans of that series. WTB The PS3 version of that one already in English

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Can improve the graphics of PSP games on the vita.

GTA Chinatown Wars looks vastly improved.

Also this console so far is 100000% better than the 3DS. If you have one mutant blobs attack is an amazing cheap game.
    Better? That's a subjective term. Game and console sales say otherwise. If the PS Vita was in every way better, it wouldn't be getting outsold by old tech like the PSP and there would be more then a couple of games for it worth playing. Everything you can get on the Vita is just as good on the PS3 and you don't have to spend 250 dollars for a console with a 2 and a half hour battery life, overpriced memory cards and a system that really isn't portable in terms of it's actual design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddo View Post
    Monster Hunter on PS Vita is already out in Japan (or was it China..) and they seem to be die hard fans of that series. WTB The PS3 version of that one already in English
    that would be an old psp game available for download.

I'm considering getting a PS Vita, just curious if any owners actually like owning it? Or its just a money sink.

Mainly going to use it for rpg's and older ps1 games on the go

Should be noted i dont have a ps3 for the integration

Quote Originally Posted by Merecarth View Post
    I'm considering getting a PS Vita, just curious if any owners actually like owning it? Or its just a money sink.

Mainly going to use it for rpg's and older ps1 games on the go

Should be noted i dont have a ps3 for the integration
    I quite like mine, I bought mine for the same purpose as you are looking to use it for. The only real problem I have at the moment is actually not directly related to the Vita, but rather the european PSN. Unfortunately 2 of the games I wanted to play the most on it (Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross) aren't available on the EU PSN, which completely caught me by surprise as I had checked beforehand and saw posts of it being on PSN, I just didn't read which PSN they were talking about..

But oh well, at least it let me play FFVII, which I had never tried before and I had a load of fun with Gravity Rush as well.

In my opinion, the thing holding the Vita back is a killer ap. It just needs games. Give it a Monster Hunter and it'll sell.

Yeh I like mine, I've downloaded FF 7 - 9 and waiting with much anticipation for FFX HD.

And LittleBigPlanet is awesome :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a Vita for all of 9 months before I sold it. Really isn't worth buying until a price drop happens. There are no really great games for it, there are some decent games, but a lot of shit games too. I can't believe people actually bought CoD: Black Ops 2 for it, the game is so terrible it belonged in the discount bin on release day. The Vita is lacking more then one killer app, it needs at least a half dozen great games that people want to buy in order to move more units. Sony seems to have had the same problem with the PS3 and it's amazing that they didn't learn from the PS3's failings at launch and it's first few years on the market at absurdly high price points (and it's still overpriced based on the tech inside it). The Vita needs true system sellers, but most of the big system selling games got diverted to the 3DS just because it's easier to market selling games for it. In Japan, a game like Monster Hunter (a new one mind you) or a Dragon Quest game would be guaranteed system sellers, that doesn't translate to other parts of the world where gaming preferences are different. Gamer's in the west are waiting for games like God of War, Gran Turismo and some spin off's of other big North American IP's like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed that have the same kind of gameplay as their console counterparts.