[Music] Song Identification Challenge / Every Search Engine Has Failed Thus Far

So this is a huge huge song identification challenge..... IMHO. Either that or my Google is borked!

Now I feel I am pretty savvy at tracking down information over the web, but this one has me led me down 90 minutes of dead ends. Used about every internet search engine I could think of..... and searched these engines with multiple sections of the lyrics of the song in the following scene.

I've begun to watch the 2002 series John Doe. In the 2nd Episode there is a song played during the episode from 39:47 to 40:33

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10770/john-doe-blood-lines

Lyrics in the song played during the scene:

♪ On my way to find where I belong ♪
    ♪ Always seem to do myself some wrong ♪
    ♪ So I get in line to join the last parade ♪
    ♪ Cause I kid myself and I am not afraid ♪
    ♪ And I sway, sway away ♪
    ♪ Ohhh..... I sway ♪

Now I am pretty sure that the last two lines are indeed correct, but there is that 2% chance it might not be saying "sway." Although I am pretty sure it is.

Only thing I can think of why it doesn't show up under a Google search is because it is an independent largely unknown artist that has not had the privilege of being immortalized through search engines.

P.S. I know some people won't think it sounds like the greatest song, but it did catch my ear and I personally like it. So no judging! =P
    Last edited by Vinz; 2012-02-18 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Could you link any video to the episode in question, that isn't Hulu?

Edit: Found the ep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3i-...eature=related

2nd Edit: Think this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZx0duojptI

3rd Edit: Either you got those lyrics incredibly wrong, or you typed the wrong episode.
    Last edited by mmocc13fa7e36f; 2012-02-18 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks for the reply!

The YouTube clip is indeed the scene..... but definitely not the same song as the Hulu version. Even the 2nd song played a few minutes later in the YouTube clip is different from the 2nd song played on the Hulu version.

1 Episode, 2 clips..... 1 from YouTube...... 1 from Hulu..... 4 Different songs.

The mystery deepens. =P

Probably some copyright disagreement that has long been forgotten. Wonder if the YouTube clip (Or even the Hulu version) was the first run of the episode, a re-run, or DvD version.

But many thanks for looking for it, because you found an interesting new song in that YouTube that I am now interested in.

Now if I could only find the answer to my original query and I would I would have two new songs to listen too.

Deleted
    If you can find the hulu one anywhere else, I can take another peek.

Extra info like is it a male singer, is it a piano, guitar, etc, what type of music, is it rock, rap, indie...
    Last edited by mmocc13fa7e36f; 2012-02-19 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tv.com/shows/john-doe/blo...184249/trivia/

Music: 1) "How Near How Far" - And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead (Doe at the Bar), 2) "Behind Blue Eyes" - The Who (Doe plays on piano), 3) "The Recluse" - Magnet (Doe talks to the girl by the water), 4) "For You" - Duncan Sheik (Doe at Bar), 5) "More Than Us" - Travis (Doe contemplates his life), 6) "Thinking About Tomorrow" - Beth Orton (Doe looks at Newspaper articles)

in the trivia section

not guaranteed one is the right one, but .. worth a shot

Deleted
    Nah that was the first thing I checked Rixis, none of those fit the criteria. Those are for the non-hulu ones.

One thing you could do that might help, if you cant get a hold of the Hulu vid on a non-hulu source, is to record the sound from the episode, during the song (via microphone, easy enough) and host it anywhere at all. Will make life easier.
    Last edited by mmocc13fa7e36f; 2012-02-19 at 06:39 PM.

Cool

Found the song on youtube at this extension watch?v=oHa1hMsDUk0

Sway by Phil Angotti