Heroic Spine Blood Aggroing

Hello, We have a problem on a 3rd plateu with aggroing all that blood that spawns from everywhere. Here is the deal: Our BDK tanking amalgation near the plate with all the dpsers and healers nearby, when there are about 20 bloods our prot warrior starts to kite it, but when kiting he cant aggro all the blood that continue to spawn, and here BDK helps agroing them on himself, but when Amalgation reaches about 20% hp there is about 15 bloods on DK and he s always dying in those moments. Any tips for warrior how to agro the BDK's blood back on him while continue kiting ( thunder clap + shokcwave doesnt seems to be enough to overagro, and he cant taunt 20 times while he is away from bloods he kiting)

I don't know much about warrior tanks but could an addon like tauntmaster help?

You simply set it up so that you left click / right click on the blood DK's name plate and it taunts off him. This will ofc make the amalgamation a bit angry at the warrior too but if the DK taunts back the amalg only and doesn't aoe it could work?

Well, taunting amalgamation even for a second may result in a 9 stacks of debuff on it, and that will wipe raid for sure.
    Last edited by bearbeer; 2012-02-18 at 02:07 PM.

Run more tanks. We usually use 4 just to make it easier (one is a feral kitty with the uncritable talent). Up till 3rd platform, we have just two doing stuff, but on third, we have our bear tanking the amalg and any new amalgs that spawns, our kitty taunting it in to the bloods/plate at low hp, our warrior kiting, and our dps warrior in his prot spec standing near the healers and aggroing any new spawns that is not picked up by the kiting warrior.

Deleted
    viligeance of what it is called on the DK and taunt like a boss.
    though you prob do that, rend tunder clap on the bloods on the DK and have him taunt elemental so he doesnt lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Run more tanks. We usually use 4 just to make it easier (one is a feral kitty with the uncritable talent). Up till 3rd platform, we have just two doing stuff, but on third, we have our bear tanking the amalg and any new amalgs that spawns, our kitty taunting it in to the bloods/plate at low hp, our warrior kiting, and our dps warrior in his prot spec standing near the healers and aggroing any new spawns that is not picked up by the kiting warrior.
    I'm talking about 10man (

Quote Originally Posted by kateros View Post
    viligeance of what it is called on the DK and taunt like a boss.
    though you prob do that, rend tunder clap on the bloods on the DK and have him taunt elemental so he doesnt lose it.
    Well thats the most problem. rend, clap and shockwave is not enough to agro bloods back from dk to warrior, and taunting even with vigilance up on dk for about 5-10 times each kiting circle is a pretty hard thing to do.
    Last edited by bearbeer; 2012-02-18 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    well your warrior can taunt non stop. so abuse it and do it. kiting isnt that hard that you cant taunt the bloods to you off the dk and taunt range is big enough to get most of the blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I did it as our amalg tank on my blood DK I purposefully aggro'd some bloods in order to keep the damage down on our feral as he kited because he is still going to take damage as he has to make sure to pick up new bloods. I don't know, maybe a warrior tank (which is much more mobile than a feral) could kite them well enough to never take damage but I was able to survive with several bloods on me during that last phase with just rotating through CDs and more healing on me since the blood tank should ideally not need all the help that was needed before he started kiting. Now 15 does sound like a lot to have on your DK, I don't believe I had that many, so he may just want to be more careful about how many he is grabbing.

The other thing we did is have our frost DK end up picking up some bloods and kiting them then because when you lust the first pop on the 3rd tendon you will get it pretty low and we didn't need his dps to finish it off.

Deleted
    You can just kill them aoe them down where they spawn and heal thro that is pretty easy for 10 man hc you dont even need to kite it on 10 man, its only required on 25 and by required i dont mean its a must, but they can easly be killed and tank the the big add away from them makes it alot easier plus make your ranged classes use the trinket Cunning of the cruel that deals huge amout of volley dmg to them results getting them down faster. We r runing like this its just the matter of raid cds there or your healers can handle it to keep everyone toped off. gl

the blood dk should be healable. do what you are doing and use army and all other cds (personal and outside) at the right time and he should be more than ok. he only has to survive the 9 stack for what, like 10 seconds. if he is doing it right he should collect 10-15 bloods while the amalg remains around 1-5 stacks, then calls for aoe and gets 9 while the amalg is at 500kish (might be a little higher or lower, depending on how good communication is and how much you leave for the aoe). so in those 10 seconds where you are getting 9 stacks use single cds with raid wides going up to protect the 9 stack explodes (we used all our cds alot and they were all up for this part) and it shouldnt be an issue. if your war is doing it correctly he should need exactly zero healing during this whole time (that is kinda a joke, but he really wont need much, as a pally with only one stun and not near the mobility i was more than fine with just a beacon) so all healers can focus the dk.