Suggestion for a new raid mode

The spectacular heroic mode:

Raid limit: 16 players
    Companion limit: 8, cannot be repeated companion

Raid difficulty: hard mode scaled for 24 real non ai player.

so basically, you beat this, you can say you're worth more than 1 player for sure, especially those who have to micro their companions.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    why? What purpose does it serve to have your companions in a raid? Add in that they would have to redo companions to allow them in groups larger than 4. I'm sorry I see no reason to even humor this concept. Perhaps it's just me.

Or you're missing the point.

It's a raid scaled for 24 players, but only allows 16 players and 8 companions. IE YOU CANNOT BRING 24 players into the operation, but it's scaled to 24 players.

How stupid do you have to be to not be able to understand something so simple?

The companions are a part of lore and should be heroes in their own rights, right now they aren't even involved in anything after lvl 50.

Do not insult other members. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-19 at 03:54 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I understood a 24 man raid with 16 players and 8 companions. But there are 24 man raids already, companions can't be in groups with 4 or more people (which would require redoing the companion system, and possibly allowing companions in other situations BW hasn't wanted (possible exploits). BW also has a large number of features to implement already not to mention bug fixes.

All for raids that already exist, for a mode that requires 1/3rd on the raid to be computer controlled (micro managing companions is not something that's really needed in the game currently).

Really I can only see this as a "16 man group that wants 24 man loot".

Call me stupid all you want, but it's how I see it. I can't see many people on board with your concept. Again, perhaps it's just me, but I see no value or reason to do something like this.

Deleted
    Companions are so limited! they are also bugged, like not using skills, stuck on elevators, standing in AoE.
    More of a pain tbh. i wouldnt want to stress over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    Or you're missing the point.

It's a raid scaled for 24 players, but only allows 16 players and 8 companions. IE YOU CANNOT BRING 24 players into the operation, but it's scaled to 24 players.

How stupid do you have to be to not be able to understand something so simple?

The companions are a part of lore and should be heroes in their own rights, right now they aren't even involved in anything after lvl 50.
    Bit aggressive there chump...

OT: I think it'd be hard to balance. Companions can't really be relied upon to do their max dps/hps all the time. Anyone who has played with a companion knows how sketchy their AI is.

Also, to defend the guy that you insulted, he wasn't really saying that there would be 24 people; you're the one not getting him. He's saying that they would have to rework the group sizes to allow companions in groups past 4, or operations past 16, because currently they do not.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-02-19 at 03:05 AM.

If I wanted to micro manage a friendly AI toon constantly, I'd go level my hunter in WoW. Sorry, but to be blunt this is a really dumb idea IMO. It has it's niche (I guess uber-hardcore elitists or RP obsessed players?), but it's way too limited and not enough of an iteration on normal raiding to be worth the effort to develop it.

If I wanted to have to deal with AI trying (and failing) to properly maneuver encounter mechanics... oh wait, I'd never want to deal with that.

I don't understand why people have this idea of companions in raids like it would be good or even feasible. Companions can't listen to Vent. Companions don't know your strategy. Companions can't be told to spread out. Companions can't manage their aggro. Companions can't move in complex ways. Companions can't identify one of multiple targets. Companions can't hear a countdown. Etcetera.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-02-19 at 04:47 AM.

They're bad enough if flashpoints, I can't imagine having them in raids...

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Just, no.

There's enough loot whoring over regular drops, I can't imagine the loot whoring when people are required to gear their companions on top of it. If you want a challenge, fight through the bugs in nightmare mode.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to play a "pet" class in end-game I'd just stick to other MMOs.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Until/unless Bioware decides to go Blizzard's route of "companions take 99% less AoE damage" and include a "companion go here" ability, then I could see this working.

I'm hoping for the less AoE damage, just so I can Guard my companion and not die horribly while it sits there on the mob in a big puddle of bad while I've moved far enough out that I'm no longer in the bad.

Deleted
    I do want them to try something "different" raid-wise down the line, then just WoW-esq, maybe some sort of versus raid with empire and Rep teams, would be cool, or maybe some sort of weekly/monthly system to make the sides compete.

and yeah id like to see something companion-wise on the engame front, they become borderline useless and just old gear displays at 50.