[Balance] Starfall Mechanic Q. (While exiting eclipse)

Every fledgling boomkin learns that you should use starfall in lunar eclipse. I have actually 2 questions concerning this:

1. Is the buff to Starfall from eclipse dynamic? That is, if I use it at 10 lunar and exit eclipse, will it retain the damage buff?

2. At what point, if any, is it worthwhile to wrath in a lunar in order to get your starfall off during eclipse?

No and no. Just use starfall in the start of a lunar eclipse. It loses its damage buff when you exit eclipse and it's a dps loss to use wrath in lunar just to get full effect from starfall.

Starfall updates with eclipse, so I would have about 6k starfall hits in lunar, exit, and it drops to 4kish within the duration.

I believe the dps loss for casting wrath to stop eclipse gain outweighs the gains from an eclipsed starfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Ah, ok. That's what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for quick replies.

Also, byyyy the way.

While it's a GREAT idea to try and pop starfall in every lunar eclipse, if it comes off CD while in solar, you pop it. The ONLY time you ever let that CD sit there waiting to be popped is if you are 2-3 casts from lunar.

Otherwise, if it's up, use it.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Soooo... does that work the other way too ... if you cast starfall just before entering lunar eclipse, when you enter the Lunar, your starfall gets buffed?
    Ive been using starfall all wrong (kinda). I was under the impression that a Starfall retained its buffs from the initiation of its cast... my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Gersey View Post
    Soooo... does that work the other way too ... if you cast starfall just before entering lunar eclipse, when you enter the Lunar, your starfall gets buffed?
    Ive been using starfall all wrong (kinda). I was under the impression that a Starfall retained its buffs from the initiation of its cast... my bad!
    Yes. If starfall is off cooldown as I'm going into lunar, I pop it while last wrath to push me into lunar is in the air.

It's usually wrath->starfall->gloves buff (if you're an engineer and that's also off cooldown)->queue up starfire->eclipse happens->apply dots->moar starfire

It depends on how far you are from the boss, obviously, but that's going to give you max time in lunar for your starfall to be hitting, especially if your haste is high.

Yes Starfall damage is dynamic. Each and every wave of stars will use your current stats/byffs either lower or higher. And there is no situation where you delay exiting Lunar to wait for Starfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way i've always explained Starfall is that every star is it's own spell. So as others have said it is dynamic.

I cast starfall as soon as my last wrath leaves my hand, then apply dots to keep NG uptime high. since Starfall is dynamic i might have 1 star that will not be empowered by eclipse, but after that GCD is done eclipse will go off and i can cast IS - MF the second i reach my eclipse. reason being that you don't enter eclipse until the last wrath hits the target. So you have a almost 1-2 seconds after wrath's cast till it hits the target pending on distance from the target.