Voters
589. You may not vote on this poll
  • Live forever

422 71.65%
  • Die right now

167 28.35%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You every watch the Highlander? Living forever would be a pretty depression life. Having to watch everyone you know die over and over while the world around you slowly crumbles apart..... I'll pass. I'll gladly live whatever my lifespan is and then depart to whatever awaits me afterwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    I'll pass. I'll gladly live whatever my lifespan is and then depart to whatever awaits me afterwords.
    Not an option. The choices were to live forever or die right now. :P

with infinite time even moneys can write shakespeare so maybe i can become god in 1 billion years

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Not an option. The choices were to live forever or die right now. :P
    Yes it is a choice, " live whatever my lifespan is". Basically asking me if I fear dying right at this moment which I do not.

I'd rather die right this instant! Im already bored of this existance so there would be no point in living forever.

Well thinking about it abit, i'd rather die right now even if the choice to live forever was presented. Isn't that the purpose of life anyways?
    You're born and you just pass time up until the point where you get to die. Death is kinda the "reward" of living. Without death life would be pointless.
    I think humans are only afraid of death when it strikes people around them. The constant fear or being left alone, wouldn't it be just wonderful to be the first to go? Not have to experiance death besides your own?

My will to live doesn't come from me wanting to survive so that I can experiance and do more thing with my life. My will to live come from not wanting to put my loved ones through the pain of experiancing my death. So if you were to live forever you would have to handle the death of everyone you know and will ever know. What a fucking nightmare^^
    Last edited by Jaux; 2012-02-19 at 04:18 PM.
    Roadhouse

With the estimated time the planet has left I'd be pretty confident that an appropriate means of propulsion through space will be developed...so, live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Okay, you don't require air, food, water, or anything else. And you never feel any kind of pain. But you don't have super powers, you'd have to find some creative way to propel yourself through space
    What happens when you fall into a star or black hole?

And of course the end of universe scenarios, what about those?

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    You could probably deify yourself if you lived forever, especially if it halted things like aging. If I had to choose between that and dying right this second, I'd go for it.
    Reminds me of Warhammer 40k

http://xkcd.com/162/

I'd spin and spin and spin, just to rob the earth angular momentum, the centuries would whiz by becoming millennia, but eventually I'd fight back the dawn >
    What? It passes the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    http://xkcd.com/162/

I'd spin and spin and spin, just to rob the earth angular momentum, the centuries would whiz by becoming millennia, but eventually I'd fight back the dawn >
    What? It passes the time.
    I really hope that it actually works like that.

The Patient
    I'd probably go for live forever; the main reason is I'd love to see future generations.
    Main & raiding character: Trying to find a suitable class for WoD!

Die before getting the chance to finish Mass Effect trilogy? No way. And I'm only half-kidding.

I'd be just way too curious to see how this all ultimately comes to an end and everything until then.

And I don't think I'd just be looking at an eternity of boredom. Human mind has a way of coping with things. Long enough time in the lonely darkness of space, and I'd just go insane, start imagining things, maybe slip into a comatose state, or live an eternity thinking my dreams are real. This doesn't sound boring to me at all.

Live forever, hopefully you can learn how to make others live forever (and be able to take that away from them aswell) so you have someone to share it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    Yes it is a choice, " live whatever my lifespan is". Basically asking me if I fear dying right at this moment which I do not.
    I didn't see it as "are you afraid of dying" so much as "what would you choose for this difficult choice?"

And if you meant it like that you should have left out "I'll pass." Made it sound like you were passing up the deal in its entirety. But, whatever floats your boat.

I'd isntantly sign a contract allowing me to live forever.

I rather die. I rather be dead than drifting off in space lonely for billions of years. Good luck getting to "earth 2" if one is ever even found.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    If there was an immortal female with whom I could reintroduce the human race, I would choose the eternal life option
    In my case a male counterpart then I would choose to live forever

Live forever so I could go on with world domination, etc.

i would like to live forever just so that I can hit on high school girls all the time. On the other hand, I would also start sparkling after a few hundred years, which is a major turn-off. I'd rather die

I'd rather die right now. Living forever would be great until something happens to you that makes your quality of life go down the toilet, then you are stuck like that forever.