Poll: Which one?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    http://xkcd.com/162/

I'd spin and spin and spin, just to rob the earth angular momentum, the centuries would whiz by becoming millennia, but eventually I'd fight back the dawn >
    What? It passes the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    http://xkcd.com/162/

I'd spin and spin and spin, just to rob the earth angular momentum, the centuries would whiz by becoming millennia, but eventually I'd fight back the dawn >
    What? It passes the time.
    I really hope that it actually works like that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably go for live forever; the main reason is I'd love to see future generations.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Die before getting the chance to finish Mass Effect trilogy? No way. And I'm only half-kidding.

I'd be just way too curious to see how this all ultimately comes to an end and everything until then.

And I don't think I'd just be looking at an eternity of boredom. Human mind has a way of coping with things. Long enough time in the lonely darkness of space, and I'd just go insane, start imagining things, maybe slip into a comatose state, or live an eternity thinking my dreams are real. This doesn't sound boring to me at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Live forever, hopefully you can learn how to make others live forever (and be able to take that away from them aswell) so you have someone to share it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    Yes it is a choice, " live whatever my lifespan is". Basically asking me if I fear dying right at this moment which I do not.
    I didn't see it as "are you afraid of dying" so much as "what would you choose for this difficult choice?"

And if you meant it like that you should have left out "I'll pass." Made it sound like you were passing up the deal in its entirety. But, whatever floats your boat.

Deleted
    I'd isntantly sign a contract allowing me to live forever.

I rather die. I rather be dead than drifting off in space lonely for billions of years. Good luck getting to "earth 2" if one is ever even found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    If there was an immortal female with whom I could reintroduce the human race, I would choose the eternal life option
    In my case a male counterpart then I would choose to live forever

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Live forever so I could go on with world domination, etc.

i would like to live forever just so that I can hit on high school girls all the time. On the other hand, I would also start sparkling after a few hundred years, which is a major turn-off. I'd rather die

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather die right now. Living forever would be great until something happens to you that makes your quality of life go down the toilet, then you are stuck like that forever.

This thread reminds me of the movie In Time.

Deleted
    wouldnt you like to see the world in like 100 years

Skelington would die now, though he would preferably die later. Living forever with no chance of passing would be awful.

Die right now.

Preferably while I sleep. If I really wanted to live, I'd ask proof of this via a receipt and a letter showing why I wanted to and if I was up to the task. Saying "but you came first!" is not a good argument to me.

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    How can instant death be considered a neat thing? Life is the big game, and when you die, your out. Life is your time living and being, our playtime, it's all about how we spent this time. "Instant dyring" completely messes with that.
    well I was told a few days ago that people who aren't happy with themselves shouldn't enjoy life. So after using an abacus and a notepad I have come to the conclusion that it would be better that I die right now.

Plus you act like instant death destroys the space time continuum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwagDaddy View Post
    wouldnt you like to see the world in like 100 years
    I would, but even a trillion years is short-term compared to "forever". Deciding to live forever to be able to see the world in 100 or 1000 years is like deciding to watch every videoclip ever recorded (including with high-speed cameras; including every single failed take in every single movie; including every little bit of recording on every cellphone or digital camera) just so that you can see one of the frames in one of the cilps/movies. That frame is/those 2100's are just so incredibly insignificant and not worth it.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2012-02-20 at 01:37 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    If i could live forever i would love it,as a guy with little emotions and realising death is a part of life i can accept people passing but i would use the no pain no death thing to be a kind of superhero to help people out in need and stop bank robberys and the like but after this planet is gone i would enjoy going to new worlds and being there superhero,kind of like the Titans in WoW just less of the ordering of the world,more monitoring it till it expires.

P.S. As u can tell my imagination is stupidly high,in the over 9000 regions!

Probably Live Forever

Im sure it would be hell in about 100 years time but im too happy with my girlfriend atm to die x]