10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    3770k at 4,7ghz, gtx980 and 16mb ram.
    You've got far too much RAM man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You've got far too much RAM man!!!
    Woops! hahaha, I meant gb of course

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that there are computer building samurais here - which one of the builds Chaud posted up in Setup of the Month yesterday would be best suited for stable 60fps 1080p Medium/High with GTA V?

I'm looking for a not-really-pricey build, but I'm completely out-of-date with hardware nowadays.

So. I just spent 1h35m installing from 7 DVDs, and now it needs to download another 5GB from a server that is... less than stable... Fuck my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Seeing that there are computer building samurais here - which one of the builds Chaud posted up in Setup of the Month yesterday would be best suited for stable 60fps 1080p Medium/High with GTA V?

I'm looking for a not-really-pricey build, but I'm completely out-of-date with hardware nowadays.
    I think at 1080p the Dolphin would be fine for Medium/High. Depending on your budget of course, I'd defo invest into something like 970 with 4GB vRam or AMD equivelant, but with the custom nVIDIA GTA V drivers, I suppose Nvidia has currently got the upper hand every so slightly?

It all depends how much you can ditch and just get the main parts. Whether you need SSD/HDD/OS etc..

If you can get a 2nd hand case, then spend money on:

SSD, MOBO, PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM the more items you can carry from an old machine, the better I suppose. All about them deals as well.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2015-04-14 at 10:13 AM.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I think at 1080p the Dolphin would be fine for Medium/High. Depending on your budget of course, I'd defo invest into something like 970 with 4GB vRam or AMD equivelant, but with the custom nVIDIA GTA V drivers, I suppose Nvidia has currently got the upper hand every so slightly?

It all depends how much you can ditch and just get the main parts. Whether you need SSD/HDD/OS etc..

If you can get a 2nd hand case, then spend money on:

SSD, MOBO, PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM the more items you can carry from an old machine, the better I suppose. All about them deals as well.
    Thanks, friend! The thing is - I don't have the old machine, I'm using laptops primarily

I wanted to buy ROG G501, but seeing how great GTA V is and that I already own MBP and 4-year-old i7 Vaio (which is still quite powerful and I have no problems whatsoever) - I'd rather get a custom PC, instead of another laptop. Which means I gotta get all the peripherals anyways.

That being said, I won't continue this conversation here, don't wanna litter the thread. Thanks again!

Download speeds down to 100kb/s. Guess I'm not playing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Download speeds down to 100kb/s. Guess I'm not playing today.
    Restart steam. I suddenly went from 10mb/s to 200kb/s yesterday. I restarted steam and was back on 10mb/s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, friend! The thing is - I don't have the old machine, I'm using laptops primarily

I wanted to buy ROG G501, but seeing how great GTA V is and that I already own MBP and 4-year-old i7 Vaio (which is still quite powerful and I have no problems whatsoever) - I'd rather get a custom PC, instead of another laptop. Which means I gotta get all the peripherals anyways.

That being said, I won't continue this conversation here, don't wanna litter the thread. Thanks again!
    If budget is an issue, then getting a laptop might not be the best option, unless of course you move around alot.

I suggest holding off few more days until more benchmarks surface for various different systems. I am willing to bet places such as Techspot and Tomshardware will probably post dedicated GTA V benchmark articles sometimes very soon (week or two maybe?).

It all depends on your budget. I think once you are certain what you want, need and have budget for, drop a thread in this forum. The amount of times users such as Notarget/nocturnus helped me with my computer builds is crazy ^^

On-Topic:

What are all your Social Club tags?

hit meh upror!!
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/-suprm-
    Last edited by Mister K; 2015-04-14 at 10:39 AM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Restart steam. I suddenly went from 10mb/s to 200kb/s yesterday. I restarted steam and was back on 10mb/s.
    It's the update through Social Club, didn't get the Steam version.

- - - Updated - - -

I paused and unpaused the download and it shot up to 1 MB/s for a few seconds and then dropped down again.

15+ Year Old Account
    If budget is an issue, then getting a laptop might not be the best option, unless of course you move around alot.

I suggest holding off few more days until more benchmarks surface for various different systems. I am willing to bet places such as Techspot and Tomshardware will probably post dedicated GTA V benchmark articles sometimes very soon (week or two maybe?).

It all depends on your budget. I think once you are certain what you want, need and have budget for, drop a thread in this forum. The amount of times users such as Notarget helped me with my computer builds is crazy ^^
    I made a topic there, hoping for the exact result you can hop in, if you want!

Damn this game, seriously - it's crazy to buy a PC because of one game but hey, Mass Effect is coming as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a topic there, hoping for the exact result you can hop in, if you want!

Damn this game, seriously - it's crazy to buy a PC because of one game but hey, Mass Effect is coming as well!
    I let the big dogs get in on it, outside of benchmarks id be guessing a lot ^^

Yeah, well worth it tho. It's APB 2.0 x 1000's better and wtf Mass Effect??!!??!?! *begins Googling his lunchbreak off*
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    I let the big dogs get in on it, outside of benchmarks id be guessing a lot ^^

Yeah, well worth it tho. It's APB 2.0 x 1000's better and wtf Mass Effect??!!??!?! *begins Googling his lunchbreak off*
    Yeah, the hype is real!

About GTA V Online - this is basically the only reason I'm getting the build done. If it was SP only, I'd probably play it on my MBP Iris Pro, just to get the story.

But the amount of hours I will spend with my best buddy (brother) and the 2nd best buddy goofing around and making movies, damn. Goosebumps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the hype is real!

About GTA V Online - this is basically the only reason I'm getting the build done. If it was SP only, I'd probably play it on my MBP Iris Pro, just to get the story.

But the amount of hours I will spend with my best buddy (brother) and the 2nd best buddy goofing around and making movies, damn. Goosebumps.
    Im looking extremely forward on making some movies, hopefully half decent. I have some great ideas just lack of Software knowledge.

We need MMO-C Film/Cast Crew!
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    I planned on recreating some of the most iconic moments from action/heist movie genre Director Mode is going to be so fun!

For those curious about how their PC will perform, PClab.pl has completed a bunch of benchmark tests with the game at 1080p and 1440p:

2560x1440p Very High settings:

1920x1080p High settings:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    For those curious about how their PC will perform, PClab.pl has completed a bunch of benchmark tests with the game at 1080p and 1440p:

<snip added to OP>
    Sweet, looks good thanks for the share. If you find anymore post them here, il add them to ze OP.

Il defo need another 780 for SLI. Really want to max every bit of the GAFIX there is ^^
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Ah, this is why your fps is locked at 30-60 guys

"Nvidia users have a special driver just for the game; it seems to do this weird thing (I’ve played the game both before and after installing it) where it tries to lock your framerate at either 60 or 30fps depending on performance."

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-gta-v-l...-pc-1697656910
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Why did I assume that my boxed copy would unlock on Steam... I may have only paid 2/3 of the Steam price for my copy, but not having the game on Steam is just... ugh. in this case the markup would have been worth it.

300,000 people playing on steam right now. Versus the 1500 people playing MKX on Steam. lol
    Last edited by NoClueWhatToDo; 2015-04-14 at 01:43 PM.