10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they have much bigger fish to fry than killing modding. Like their shitty net code which desperately needs a cleaning. And the game will be modded, period. All rockstar really gets by killing modding in this patch is some time to sell dlc. If they decide too. The game is already two years old isn't it?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Anyone else struggling to get heists done? Or are we all too hung up on this trivial modding issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Anyone else struggling to get heists done? Or are we all too hung up on this trivial modding issue?
    How are you struggling? Bad pugs? Getting heists done seems to be more a community issue with finding competent people than heists being broken. Or did the patch break them too?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    How are you struggling? Bad pugs? Getting heists done seems to be more a community issue with finding competent people than heists being broken. Or did the patch break them too?
    I don't think it's the community to blame. Sure, it takes ages to find anyone and I usually get stuck with idiots who can't grasp simple concepts but the fact is, is that there isn't much of a reward to these heists. The amount of time and effort it takes isn't worth the meager payout at the end of each setup or the heist finale. That, and it seems like lately there's an awful lot of latency issues but that may be my lousy internet connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    lawl
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Lol pretty much every game breaks mods with Every patch... Skyrim is mod heaven and any patch=u stability or flat out not working... Not just a gta thing.
    Skyrim was made with modding in mind. Hell, Bethesda would be considered a shit company if they didn't make their games that way because we all know Bethesda games always ship with a relatively high number of bugs and lack of polish.

GTA is a tightly polished game (2-3 years old, but point still stands when it launched) with a MP built on top of it, a multiplayer that supports microtransactions. You can't just allow mods/cheats/hacks/etc in a multiplayer mode while trying to maintain a particular company image. This is why GTA isnt mod friendly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The patch removed the hook that many mods used to load. Regardless of what Rockstar says, that patch intentionally removed modding capabilities.

I still don't understand why you have to get a mod to enable signalling though.
    Isn't modding the number 1 reason why most PC gamers bought GTA5? Kinda shitty move from Rockstar to just shit on those who bought it because they were thinking that its gonna be a new GTA4 with all the mods.

I think that they should have separated Online and SP into two apps so that players can still mod SP and Online stays a mod free zone. Whats the point in buying it for the PC if not mods? I doubt that keyboard and mouse feels better than controller (have only played it on PS).

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Isn't modding the number 1 reason why most PC gamers bought GTA5? Kinda shitty move from Rockstar to just shit on those who bought it because they were thinking that its gonna be a new GTA4 with all the mods.

I think that they should have separated Online and SP into two apps so that players can still mod SP and Online stays a mod free zone. Whats the point in buying it for the PC if not mods? I doubt that keyboard and mouse feels better than controller (have only played it on PS).
    They might do that once they've sold all the DLC. And once the multiplayer is less popular.

At some point, they'll have to stop working with GTA5 to get GTA6 out. They know that.

Well, since the mod hook has been disabled, I have seen zero cheaters online. Considering how much I play online, I simply can't complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup GTAV isn't a game that needs modding IMO. I'd prefer them to keep doing what they're doing to prevent unnecessary mods and if that hits hackers too all the better.

Also I finally did my first online heist. It was the raid on Humane labs and my job was to be the helicopter gunner. It was insanely fun. I also think I got lucky - I hear people complaining about random people in heists, but the group I got was amazing. My pilot knew exactly how to give me the right angles so I ended up getting Platinum. My only gripe was the cut - the leader gave himself like 80% and we got the scraps. I don't really know how the cuts work, but I assume we could have gotten more. My take was about $10k.

Out of all the people clambering for modding i wonder how many have 100%ed the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Out of all the people clambering for modding i wonder how many have 100%ed the game?
    Didn't know that was a requirement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I've completed the story (I think like 80% complete for whole game)... Can I have my mods now, master?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I've completed the story (I think like 80% complete for whole game)... Can I have my mods now, master?
    Did you not understand? He clearly stated 100%, you don't deserve mods!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Did you not understand? He clearly stated 100%, you don't deserve mods!!!
    I'm sorry! I thought he would make an exception!

Please don't hit me.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    Also I finally did my first online heist. It was the raid on Humane labs and my job was to be the helicopter gunner. It was insanely fun. I also think I got lucky - I hear people complaining about random people in heists, but the group I got was amazing. My pilot knew exactly how to give me the right angles so I ended up getting Platinum. My only gripe was the cut - the leader gave himself like 80% and we got the scraps. I don't really know how the cuts work, but I assume we could have gotten more. My take was about $10k.
    As you said, that was your first and while your group may have been amazing, the heist leader screwed you all over. A 15% cut is the bare minimum as anything below that is not worth your time and anything above that is not fair to the heist leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I never said you dont deserve or cant have them, just i dont get why people want mods to add things when most havnt even finished the game fully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so what was the reason for the "no mods" thing again? Of course its not going to actually stop people from modding the game, its just going to make them find ways to break rockstar's tracking first. So it seems odd to me that rockstar has actually gone out of their way to indicate that people need to crack the game first. Seems rather self defeating.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly didn't stop modding for long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wait, so what was the reason for the "no mods" thing again? Of course its not going to actually stop people from modding the game, its just going to make them find ways to break rockstar's tracking first. So it seems odd to me that rockstar has actually gone out of their way to indicate that people need to crack the game first. Seems rather self defeating.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly didn't stop modding for long.

because it's ruining Online
    annoying getting killed over and over again by people in online that transform you into dogs and spawn stupid shit all over the place

removing modding overall removed cheating in online for some time

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    because it's ruining Online
    annoying getting killed over and over again by people in online that transform you into dogs and spawn stupid shit all over the place

removing modding overall removed cheating in online for some time
    So patch the online so you can't play mods. Leave the single player alone.