Deleted
    Bought the apartment down by the marina for $150000. Now to save up for the Stinger GT. Only another $875000. I can see why people bother with micro-transactions now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am downloading the game now

any suggestions on where to begin?
    Don't trust anyone. Except your own crew, unless you joined one of those massive crews. In this case, be cautious.
    Last edited by Weezing; 2013-10-05 at 10:00 PM.

Until they fix passive mode I'm done with this online. You can't do anything without getting killed and don't then you have all the people who have been grinding violent ducts and have assaults rifles and shit. It no fun what so ever dieing all the time and losing your money

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I just heard a reference about a certain eastern european in liberty city... and just saw johnny....... WHERE IS TONY IN ALL THIS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Alright so I just heard a reference about a certain eastern european in liberty city... and just saw johnny....... WHERE IS TONY IN ALL THIS!
    If you look at any given lifeinvader page on a computer (ingame), u will see him too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Until they fix passive mode I'm done with this online. You can't do anything without getting killed and don't then you have all the people who have been grinding violent ducts and have assaults rifles and shit. It no fun what so ever dieing all the time and losing your money
    I really don't know what you're doing to have this much trouble, but I've been playing a lot and I haven't had any of these issues. Passive mode works just fine as far as I can tell, and ATMs are common enough for it to not particularly be a problem, though dying still has a financial cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I really don't know what you're doing to have this much trouble, but I've been playing a lot and I haven't had any of these issues. Passive mode works just fine as far as I can tell, and ATMs are common enough for it to not particularly be a problem, though dying still has a financial cost.
    Hell, you dont even need an ATM machine to save your money. Everytime I get cash, i open up my cell and put all my money in

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Passive mode only prevents you from dieing from gun shots on foot. This means you can still be run over and die, or if you get in a car you can die. Not to mention passive mode makes it so you can't rob stores among other activities.
    The dying cost is a terrible feature. You lose a percentage of cash no matter what, even if its in the bank. It's just a terrible idea making dying cost you money in a game where everyone tries to kill everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    I can generally go afk online and come back alive, I think you are just over reacting, because there isn't that many griefers or you are just very unlucky.

My problem is, my characters keep disappearing, so I'm done with online mode until they fix that problem. At least we still have single player, where there is still stuff to do when you are 100%.

At least u guys can go online... I cant get online

I am actually pretty annoyed with this buggy crappy ass game they have created, online wise atleast. i was satisfied with the story mode. But I hate HATE the fact I put hours of work into gaining money through missions robberies ect just to loose over $70k because I played the game the way IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED AND ENJOYED.

Like why would you punish your players for playing the game the way its suppose to be played? Robbing millitary bases, Killing others(In free roam not during missions) running from the cops ect. If you dare die in this game you loose any money you tried earning even if its in your bank. I started loosing almost 10k pre-death, what kind of bull crap is that?

Then they released a statement where they said that this was a bug, released a patch soon after saying that this is suppose to be fixxed, Is it fixed ? No its not, Not even freaking close. I was happy hearing they fixxed it, got back to $40k and then ended up camped by other players online and lost it all AGAIN. Like wtf is this rockstar?
    It is honestly completely retarded and has killed any enjoyment I have had with this game, and I have infact stopped bothering even trying to earn cash unless I need it for ammo or something ect.

And then theres other issues upon issues, Such as right now I've been trying to access my friends list in-game for about 10-13 minutes with no luck what so ever.

its gotten to the point where I wish I didn't buy it VIA the PSN store so that I could return it and get some money back for it.

Untill this is all fixxed, I would literally give this game a 4/10, Due to the fact a single player mode alone isn't enough to recover the this game for me. Especially when I bought it in hopes of enjoying it with friends and stuff ect.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-10-06 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    I am actually pretty annoyed with this buggy crappy ass game they have created, online wise atleast. i was satisfied with the story mode. But I hate HATE the fact I put hours of work into gaining money through missions robberies ect just to loose over $70k because I played the game the way IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED AND ENJOYED.

Like why would you punish your players for playing the game the way its suppose to be played? Robbing millitary bases, Killing others(In free roam not during missions) running from the cops ect. If you dare die in this game you loose any money you tried earning even if its in your bank. I started loosing almost 10k pre-death, what kind of bull crap is that?

Then they released a statement where they said that this was a bug, released a patch soon after saying that this is suppose to be fixxed, Is it fixed ? No its not, Not even freaking close. I was happy hearing they fixxed it, got back to $40k and then ended up camped by other players online and lost it all AGAIN. Like wtf is this rockstar?
    It is honestly completely retarded and has killed any enjoyment I have had with this game, and I have infact stopped bothering even trying to earn cash unless I need it for ammo or something ect.

And then theres other issues upon issues, Such as right now I've been trying to access my friends list in-game for about 10-13 minutes with no luck what so ever.

its gotten to the point where I wish I didn't buy it VIA the PSN store so that I could return it and get some money back for it.

Untill this is all fixxed, I would literally give this game a 4/10, Due to the fact a single player mode alone isn't enough to recover the this game for me. Especially when I bought it in hopes of enjoying it with friends and stuff ect.
    Its a buggy online beta for the game, its not even the same game as it doesnt even have the same name, grouping the 2 together is pretty dumb.

After having 2 characters deleted, I can safely say they should have done real beta testing. I can deal with all of the other issues, but losing the character I put so much effort into is just a kick in the teeth. I'm just leaving slot 1 blank in the hope that he may get restored. Because I do enjoy the online (especially with friends) I decided to try making a new character in slot 2 and after building myself back up, I leave for an hour or so and come back to find this character also deleted. Very frustrating.

I can definitelly support the network issues, and can deal with them. Network issues can be fixed over time, and I can live with not being able to play for a day, but having rampant character deletion is a VERY serious issue that can't really be excused. This is not a small issue, this is a very constant issue that a lot of player are dealing with.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2013-10-07 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    After having 2 characters deleted, I can safely say they should have done real beta testing. I can deal with all of the other issues, but losing the character I put so much effort into is just a kick in the teeth. I'm just leaving slot 1 blank in the hope that he may get restored. Because I do enjoy the online (especially with friends) I decided to try making a new character in slot 2 and after building myself back up, I leave for an hour or so and come back to find this character also deleted. Very frustrating.

I can definitelly support the network issues, and can deal with them. Network issues can be fixed over time, and I can live with not being able to play for a day, but having rampant character deletion is a VERY serious issue that can't really be excused. This is not a small issue, this is a very constant issue that a lot of player are dealing with.
    It is the beta.

Do the other GTAO character slots unlock over time? Weird to see 5 but only 2 slots available. (friend's kids took the first two. I'm not above deleting them as they were just messing around...)

Deleted
    Tried a bit of GTA:O last weekend and it was actually kinda fun. I´ve played with my brother and we were basically alone (you can close your session in the options so that no one else can join). We robbed a few stores but after a while we realized that the really fun things are still deactivated (namely the big heists) and that robbing stores for like 1.6k is too low of an amount to buy anything in this game.

We tried selling cars and most of them were too "hot" and not even modifiable !! What is wrong with that? Why can´t I modify a cool car that I found on the street? Also the fact that if you steal a car (which is actually what GTA has been all about since the beginning) and the cops see you you get stars for just driving that stolen car? Pretty annoying to be honest as you just get stars out of nowhere for just driving that car.

Anyway after the first online day we had like 10k $ each and after logging in again we both had only 5k !! I don´t know if there is still an issue with the cloud server but that was pretty annoying.

The fact that the cool things are still deactivated and that there are still issues caused us to switch back to the SP part of GTA 5 till the online mode is a bit more fleshed out and bug free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It is the beta.
    It's funny how many people don't know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's funny how many people don't know this.
    Funny how this was never stated by rockstar to be a beta and you two are the only ones who seem to believe this is a beta, and in fact they called it the "offical" release on several occasions. Im pretty sure if it was beta, they would have made it far more clearer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Funny how this was never stated by rockstar to be a beta and you two are the only ones who seem to believe this is a beta, and in fact they called it the "offical" release on several occasions. Im pretty sure if it was beta, they would have made it far more clearer.
    Beta? This was the official release of GTA:O and no open beta start or whatever. There was no beta and there wont be any.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    We tried selling cars and most of them were too "hot" and not even modifiable !! What is wrong with that? Why can´t I modify a cool car that I found on the street? Also the fact that if you steal a car (which is actually what GTA has been all about since the beginning) and the cops see you you get stars for just driving that stolen car? Pretty annoying to be honest as you just get stars out of nowhere for just driving that car.
    You can't steal the high end cars, you have to buy them online. They set-up to make you pay for GTA $. You can't even do heists when they add them until you buy one of the most expensive apartments, since those are the only ones with the heist planning board