Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It wont be released untill 2013 at the latest. We have had 0 Information other than that 1 announcement trailer. Dont get your hopes up. I wouldnt even expect to see things from that list, people are just assuming it will have the stat building mechanic just because its set in San Andreas. They removed that feature for a reason :P
    Yeah a lot of it may not be true, but im sure the planes, bicycles and gyms are 100% true :P Check the trailer, You see a clip of all of those 3 things in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm not concerned about that at all. Console gamers can have their crappy interface and lesser graphics/physics. I'll be happy to wait longer for a version that's been tailored to PC's.
    Because graphics are all that matter now adays...

I'm pretty excited for it. Rockstar is one of the few developers I would stand up and say "Hey, these guys have a good record for making quality, enjoyable, games and I will back them and say that I trust them to make a good game". I never played Uncharted, and only like an hour of Red Dead Redemption (I do wanna play it though), but GTA:SA was one of my most played games ever, easily having put hundreds if not up to a couple thousands, of hours into it as a kid (GTA:SA and SW:BF2 were mostly what I played for a year or so). GTA:IV was fun and all but felt lackluster in its features compared to GTA:SA, at least to me. This one seems really good though!

Well, my PS3 has graphics that my old 9800 GTX could match. I'd be alot happier playing with vSYNC, larger textures, better geometry, smoother framerates, better shader models, etc.

Honestly, I didn't throw money at my PC to use it as a paperweight or word processor. I only own consoles for "exclusive" games.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

How is that relevant? The story is going to be the same, but it's going to (presumably) look better on PC and have an interface more intuitive to PC users. It's possible to have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    How is that relevant? The story is going to be the same, but it's going to (presumably) look better on PC and have an interface more intuitive to PC users. It's possible to have your cake and eat it too.
    Disclosure time: It's all about graphics (and mods). I play Driving/3rd person type games (GTA, Saints Row, Prototype etc) on PC with an XBOX controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Disclosure time: It's all about graphics (and mods). I play Driving/3rd person type games (GTA, Saints Row, Prototype etc) on PC with an XBOX controller.
    Fair enough. Now what would be really awesome is a choice of interface and menu system, so that people who plug in a console will get something better than the mouse/keyboard system. Either way, the PC version should rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Seems pretty cool, I hope it delivers. Never got to play GTA4.
    GTA 4 is one of the best games every made, in my opinion. Its so well done and a lot of work was done on the world to make it seem alive.
    It missed a few features that came with San Andreas, but that didn't take away from the incredible completed game.

I need to get a pc adapter for my xbox controller. GTA V is looking completely awesome, I cannot wait to lose sleep to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupkes View Post
    Not sure about the top question, But I completley agree with your complaint about the PC being released months after the consoles, It's ridiculous, Game released last on the best gaming machine of them all!???
    The thing is, if they released it immediately after it would feel and play like a console port (Many games recently have made this mistake - without mentioning names). The fact that they took their time to port it over and make sure it feels like a PC game is one of the reasons it was so successful.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    I need to get a pc adapter for my xbox controller. GTA V is looking completely awesome, I cannot wait to lose sleep to it.
    I would buy a USB version if I were you, it will work out cheaper and then you can keep your 360 controller exclusively for your 360 so you don't burn your battery so quickly.
    They are really cheap right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    GTA 4 is one of the best games every made, in my opinion. Its so well done and a lot of work was done on the world to make it seem alive.
    It missed a few features that came with San Andreas, but that didn't take away from the incredible completed game.
    Couldn't agree more haha, It was amazing that its a HUGE world all designed like a real world a HUGE ammount of work put into it, And lots of rumors/leak videos have been spreading around that the GTA 5 map will be 4 times larger than GTA IV's

The thing is, if they released it immediately after it would feel and play like a console port (Many games recently have made this mistake - without mentioning names). The fact that they took their time to port it over and make sure it feels like a PC game is one of the reasons it was so successful.
    You obviously didn't play the abortion of a port that GTA III was on release. I had a brand new Ti4600 and the game was ABYSMAL. I know this was 10 years ago, but damn did that leave a bad taste in my mouth, especially after waiting for nearly a year for a PC port.

Also, many games are able to release a proper PC version simultaneously with a console version. Recent examples: Max Payne 3 (2 weeks isn't a huge gap), Dead Space 1 & 2, Saint's Row 3 (not 2...blurgh that one is on the other end), L4D 1 & 2, just off the top of my head. Notable failure recently is Mass Effect 3. The whole damn PC game played so poorly and felt so much like a port...yurgh.

Can't wait, GIVE IT ME NOW. Thing about GTA is everyone has been awesome, not like the CoD series where there's been let downs, that's why I'm so excited for it, really can't wait. Going to smack everyone if they take ages to release it on PC.

Deleted
    You obviously didn't play the abortion of a port that GTA III was on release. I had a brand new Ti4600 and the game was ABYSMAL. I know this was 10 years ago, but damn did that leave a bad taste in my mouth, especially after waiting for nearly a year for a PC port.

Also, many games are able to release a proper PC version simultaneously with a console version. Recent examples: Max Payne 3 (2 weeks isn't a huge gap), Dead Space 1 & 2, Saint's Row 3 (not 2...blurgh that one is on the other end), L4D 1 & 2, just off the top of my head. Notable failure recently is Mass Effect 3. The whole damn PC game played so poorly and felt so much like a port...yurgh.
    I played it, on both PC and Console.

While it was a bad port on the PC, it wasn't 100% avoidable. It was a very early port technology wise, the development team were kinda new to 3D games (it may have even been their first 3D game) so they had to tackle new problems when porting. This is proven just 1 year later due to Vice City being a very good port and they had clearly discovered mistakes they made in the game before.

They know how important the ports are for the game and the franchise which is why every other port since has been very good quality and any problems have been fixed shortly after.
    My argument was that developers now rarely even put time into making a port to PC, and push it out very quickly and ignore a lot of problems that are left due to the port.

I played it, on both PC and Console.

While it was a bad port on the PC, it wasn't 100% avoidable. It was a very early port technology wise, the development team were kinda new to 3D games (it may have even been their first 3D game) so they had to tackle new problems when porting. This is proven just 1 year later due to Vice City being a very good port and they had clearly discovered mistakes they made in the game before.

They know how important the ports are for the game and the franchise which is why every other port since has been very good quality and any problems have been fixed shortly after.
    My argument was that developers now rarely even put time into making a port to PC, and push it out very quickly and ignore a lot of problems that are left due to the port.
    I don't think you can state either way with any certainty. It took them 7 months to release L.A. Noire on PC, but 2 weeks to release Max Payne 3. It's all in how much they prioritize the port.

Deleted
    I don't think you can state either way with any certainty. It took them 7 months to release L.A. Noire on PC, but 2 weeks to release Max Payne 3. It's all in how much they prioritize the port.
    LA Noire was only very slightly assisted Rockstar during development, it was mainly just Published by them.
    Max Payne 3 was also developed at Rockstar Games, not Rockstar North.

Different team, they mostly work independently (more so like DICE at EA)
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2012-06-15 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    played San Andreas so much back then I still have the whole map memorized and I still know those cheat codes

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 09:39 PM ----------

I would love to see CJ make cameo in this one

LA Noire was only very slightly assisted Rockstar during development, it was mainly just Published by them.
    Max Payne 3 was also developed at Rockstar Games, not Rockstar North.

Different team, they mostly work independently (more so like DICE at EA)
    You're moving the goalposts though. There exist many developers that can release a console and PC version of a game at or near the same time with no detriment to the property. Rockstar just uses their prior long port development time as a crutch.

You're moving the goalposts though. There exist many developers that can release a console and PC version of a game at or near the same time with no detriment to the property. Rockstar just uses their prior long port development time as a crutch.
    They don't need a crutch. It's not like they're obliged to have quick releases for the PC. If they decide to take their time, you may vote with your wallet, but otherwise have no claim against them.
    The same goes for every developer. Of course, they'll make more money the quicker they do release a PC version, but that's their choice to make.

As for the game - it better hurry the damn up!

Deleted
    Not at all, I'm trying to show you that its different development styles. Some games are delayed overall (BF3 for example) so they can work on all 3 ports at the same time and release them simultaneously. Rockstar North prefer to work on the consoles first and then focus entirely on the PC version after that.
    It does not take 2 weeks to port a game across from a different platform, they were clearly working on it before hand and realised they didn't want to postpone the franchise launch, so they postponed the PC launch instead.

Anyway, I don't want to off-topic any more (sorry Lupkes). I am looking forward to GTA5 so much, going to be GOTY for sure.