Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    While grocery shopping I like to make a list of the items I need, and then go through the newspaper to see if there are any coupons worth cutting out. If the item on sale is extremely low grade it's not even worth it, but if it's a good brand then the coupon is always a plus. Overall, I have seen a reduction in my spending on groceries for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yeh I go after discounts with groceries. Depending on what's on special is what I eat for the week so it's quite varied

I'll also go to 3 - 4 different shops for my stuff (they're all within the same shopping complex) to get the maximum savings.

It really REALLY adds up over a year.
    Well, at least you eat different things all the time. :P

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadè View Post
    It depends on the product. When it comes to food I find I'd rather buy a good bread for the added cost than some shitty crumbling mess (as an example).

When it comes to "luxury items" (read: Games) I usually nose around in the used section OR bring some games for a trade-in discount.
    I wouldn't put games there, luxury items are stuff that when you price them down they sell for almost double the quanity which in this case can't seem to fit. Air Plane tickets is luxury items.

Deleted
    Nah i just buy it, if its on discount, i'll take my advance outta it

Deleted
    No.
    I don't really pay attention to what's on discount and I don't have any discount cards.
    Also, if there's some 1+1 sale (pay one, get two) I only take one if I don't really need two.
    I just buy what I want whenever I want.