Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Ravenholdt rep grind

I just confirmed that Syndicate mobs in Arathi Highlands now give Ravenholt rep beyond honored and the lockbox quest has disappeared. All those of you who complained that Blizzard made the Insane in the Membrane achievement too easy, rejoice. You now have yet another gruesome rep grind to look forward to.
    Last edited by krikkitz; 2012-02-20 at 11:34 PM. Reason: additional information

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    For me, I'm just missing Bloodsail Bucanneers and Ravenholdt which should be done within one month, hopefully.

I'm gonna advertise the trade channel for "Running Booty Bay farm. LF more members to get a Title and Pirates Cloth!"

Should be enough to farm it. At this moment I've a Healer, Tank and DPS willing to do it. I just wonder how much time from Hated to Honored.

Anyone have a clue?
    Tanks and casters can easily solo rep quite fast. I just did 9k rep in 2 hours, speccing fire mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by krikkitz View Post
    I just confirmed that Syndicate mobs in Arathi Highlands now give Ravenholt rep beyond honored and the lockbox quest has disappeared. All those of you who complained that Blizzard made the Insane in the Membrane achievement too easy, rejoice. You now have yet another gruesome rep grind to look forward to.
    They changed the Quest NPC. The new NPC is Winstone Wolfe. He is located on the first floor of Ravenholdt Manor
    The weapon you get is no longer unique so you don't have to destroy it after every quest completion.
    Last edited by KT452; 2012-02-21 at 08:53 AM.

killing guards in BB is hard to solo now cos they are actually pretty potent and it takes forever, theres only one spot in i think arathi where theres a bunch of BB NPCs you can kill easy its slow but if you're on your own its faster then trying to kill the guards . . . took me about 18 hours to do.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KT452 View Post
    I just did the lockbox quest last month. They changed the NPC. I will go check real quick to confirm and get the name of the NPC.
    william wolfstone or something like that not farhad, hes on the bottom lvl under the stairs of ravenholdt manor

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 06:48 PM ----------

lockboxes are the only way past revered now or the rogue dagger quests for ravenholdt

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 06:49 PM ----------

just google insane in the membrane 4.3 and you should find some decent guides with ruotes n stuff and up to date info

Also, the bruisers in Booty Bay were giving me 27.5 rep per kill with the pirates. So did the two guys in Arathi Highlands with a high respawn timer. However, the guys in the Highlands stop giving rep at 11999/12k honored, so if you're looking to hit Exalted with the pirates (like I'm trying now, since I finished with The Insane years ago), you'll need to play in BB for awhile.
    Also, I half wish Blizzard would keep the lockbox way of grinding in the game, instead of letting you just grind mobs all the way to exalted. It was much more difficult to level a rogue, and then make circuits around LBRS (the fastest place I found to be able to get the boxes at the time), than it would've been to just run around killing mobs in 1 hit.
    But, to answer the OP's question, as long as you hit Exalted with a reputation before you knock it down to Revered/Honored/etc, it will still count for the achievement. Which is why some people do the cloth turn-ins to get their goblin reputation back up to neutral faster than just killing pirates/doing the DM key quest repeatedly. However, doing that will destroy your pirate reputation (but as long as you got the pirates up high enough to count for the achievement in the first place, you're fine with nuking them back to hated) so.. yeah.

Deleted
    I also want this achievment, anyone want to fix it for me? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    But, to answer the OP's question, as long as you hit Exalted with a reputation before you knock it down to Revered/Honored/etc, it will still count for the achievement. Which is why some people do the cloth turn-ins to get their goblin reputation back up to neutral faster than just killing pirates/doing the DM key quest repeatedly. However, doing that will destroy your pirate reputation (but as long as you got the pirates up high enough to count for the achievement in the first place, you're fine with nuking them back to hated) so.. yeah.
    Now, can that work both ways then? like get exalted with steamwheedle, do the quest that phases BB, and kill all the low level guards for bloodsail rep?

Actually got avast ye admiral before and quickly fixed BB rep, wasn't planning on going for insane. Now all of steamwheedle is at honored or higher and I want insane : / Either way, which would be easier from my current rep standings?

Booty Bay - 507/21000 Revered
    Everlook - 124/12000 Honored
    Gadgetzan - 1349/12000 Honored
    Ratchet - 3174/12000 Honored

Bloodsail Buccaneers - 0/36000 Hated

only rep counted towards insane soo far is darkmoon
    Last edited by Shad0wS0urc3; 2012-03-01 at 12:31 PM.

i got BB revered and the rest of the cartel at 7k through honnered atleast wherere the best place for me to get rep for thease factions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i got BB revered and the rest of the cartel at 7k through honnered atleast wherere the best place for me to get rep for thease factions?

Skip to 8:20 to start the mob grinding part.