Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    only mercs could stand up to our armed forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    As much as I value our Military, I dont think the Technology would come into play. Honostly we can scream and yell all we want with the Pride of our Military but let''s face facts. 3rd World countries give us a run for our money. Look at IRAQ. How long were we there? Afghanistan? In Theory, with our Tech, we should have been there a month tops.

Back in the day Russia's Top Fighter, which was equal to our own, ran on Vacuum Tubes! We even get nervous about China and they are testing their FIRST Aircraft Carrier. Mainly because they can outnumber us 3 to 1.

But a civil war is unlikely. Every great Nation has had it's moment in the spotlight and the US has had theirs. Thanks to our wonderful Politicians we will soon join the ranks of Rome, Spain, Egypt......
    Fixed.

But, I feel you are sweeping in your generalisations of 'other nations' around the globe.

Context my son, context.

What is the use in a 3 foot member if you only flount it around in celabacy-ville?

Big brother is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I value our Military, I dont think the Technology would come into play. Honestly we can scream and yell all we want with the Pride of our Military but let''s face facts. 3rd World countries give us a run for our money. Look at Iran. How long were we there? Afghanistan? In Theory, with our Tech, we should have been there a month tops.
    Conventional forces have always have had difficulty with Guerrilla forces for centuries. the Guerrillas will never be capable of real offensive power in exchange for incredibly resilient defenses. Its always been that way. The entire reason the Vietnamese went over to the Viet Cong fighting method was because every time they tried to fight Americans conventional, they got slaughtered. The Tet Offensive tactically was a complete failure that almost broke the North Vietnamese movement, yet the propaganda and the anti-war effort are the only reason it was a success.

Back in the day Russia's Top Fighter, which was equal to our own, ran on Vacuum Tubes! We even get nervous about China and they are testing their FIRST Aircraft Carrier. Mainly because they can outnumber us 3 to 1.
    That "Top Fighter" the MiG-25 was the fighter equivalent of a dragster. All it has was speed. The Propaganda, which your buying, led us to create the F-15, that was light years ahead of the MiG in every department but speed when one pilot defected with one. It had no equal for over 20 years. The Carrier is a ancient hand me down from the Soviet Navy. I doubt anyone fears a 50 year old ship with a few new bells and whistles.

Please do some research before being a armchair general.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Could the people have a chance against the army, or do they have to much technology?
    In this country the people are the army, just as an fyi.

And stop freaking out about the state of the U.S. We are on the mend, Obama has another four years ahead of him, and by then he'll fix all the shit the GOP did to this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Lord knows that some days I wish the people would revolt, but on topic I'd say no. The US people will not because they know how much the United States Military would kick our asses. If it came down to me picking up a gun and going after our government I would pass just on the simple fact that I know that the people would stand no chance in Hell.
    Believing you have no chance gives you no chance. The american people will only put up with the government for so long before Revolution happens. And if I'm not mistaken didn't the British have better equipped soldiers then the Continental army? And the militia and the continental army still beat them back. Id say there's a small chance that the american people could over throw the current corruption that stinks up Washington D.C. area. But it would have to be well organized, well funded, and other determining factors.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    In this country the people are the army, just as an fyi.

And stop freaking out about the state of the U.S. We are on the mend, Obama has another four years ahead of him, and by then he'll fix all the shit the GOP did to this country.
    Another four years.....I wouldn't hold your breath. And yes blame the GOP. It wasn't the entire 2 party system that hashurt this country in the long run.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies