Thread: UTSA - College

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

UTSA - College

Is there anyone else out there that's going to UTSA this upcoming Fall semester? I think it'd be cool to meet up with some people and get to know them sooner.

Also, I'm looking to go to Chaparral Village. It'll be right next to the cafe and a pool :P What's there not to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you listened to the RawrCast show by Stompalina and her boyfriend/husband/baby daddy? If you're looking for Texans among WoW players, you should hit them up. They are based in Dallas and host WoW meet-up groups, they probably know people who go to UTSA.

Also, take advantage of your proximity to Austin (you can't miss out on the Salt Lick, Barton Springs, ACL, West 360, SXSW) and other cool places like Enchanted Rock.

Texas rules.

Yessss

That's REALLY interesting that I happened to see this thread on the front page.
    I'm from San Antonio and I currently go to San Antonio College, but I'm transferring to UTSA next semester.
    That would certainly be cool to meet someone who plays WoW and goes to the same schooool.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    Have you listened to the RawrCast show by Stompalina and her boyfriend/husband/baby daddy? If you're looking for Texans among WoW players, you should hit them up. They are based in Dallas and host WoW meet-up groups, they probably know people who go to UTSA.

Also, take advantage of your proximity to Austin (you can't miss out on the Salt Lick, Barton Springs, ACL, West 360, SXSW) and other cool places like Enchanted Rock.

Texas rules.
    I haven't heard of those guys, but I'll definitely check them out! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecious View Post
    That's REALLY interesting that I happened to see this thread on the front page.
    I'm from San Antonio and I currently go to San Antonio College, but I'm transferring to UTSA next semester.
    That would certainly be cool to meet someone who plays WoW and goes to the same schooool.
    That's awesome :P Oh, and I'm not currently playing WoW. I've taken a break for a while now because of extra-curricular stuff and hanging out with my lady friend. I might pick it up again later on in the year once I get the hang of how college works though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirguygrand View Post
    I haven't heard of those guys, but I'll definitely check them out! Thanks for the info.

That's awesome :P Oh, and I'm not currently playing WoW. I've taken a break for a while now because of extra-curricular stuff and hanging out with my lady friend. I might pick it up again later on in the year once I get the hang of how college works though.
    Np. And WoW is great for entertainment in college if you're short on cash or if you have a weird sleep schedule. I would always wake up at 8 am on weekends even if I had partied the whole night and, well, not many of my friends would be awake so I would play.

Good thing on getting the hang of college before thinking of picking WoW back up, btw.

Texas rules.
    None of those are worth driving 100 miles for except SXSW. The Salt Lick is far, far, far from the best Texas BBQ. It's the best in Austin but that's not saying a whole lot. Any place in Lockhart is clearly better, and probably half the medium-sized towns in Texas probably have a BBQ restaurant that is a lot better. Billy's in Bastrop, Cooper's in Llano/San Marcos, Vitek's in Waco. I mean come on. Barton Springs is really overcrowded and really nothing special. I know there's places in San Antonio that are practically the same. Barton Springs is famous in Austin because it's the only thing like it there. ACL is a music festival for potheads and other users of drugs. If this isn't you you'd probably need to be in your 40's to appreciate the other bands. West 360? I don't even know what this is supposed to mean? The only stuff West of 360 is a man-made lake which you can find in practically any big city in the country.

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sirguygrand View Post
    Break up with your girlfriend, it's not gonna work out anyway and you'll be glad you did in the end. A long-distance GF is a real drain on your social life going into college. I don't know anyone who was glad they did it. Also, don't pick up WoW again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live near UTSA, but I graduated from college in 1999 and again in 2001. I'm in the middle of earning another degree, but this time I'm doing it online. You can drop me a line if you want, but I'll warn you: I'm 35, drunk and full of recreational pharmaceuticals, retired from the rat race, twisted and in a long-term gay relationship with a really annoying Keebler elf that's even older than I and constantly being arrested for driving while intoxicated. Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I live near UTSA, but I graduated from college in 1999 and again in 2001. I'm in the middle of earning another degree, but this time I'm doing it online. You can drop me a line if you want, but I'll warn you: I'm 35, drunk and full of recreational pharmaceuticals, retired from the rat race, twisted and in a long-term gay relationship with a really annoying Keebler elf that's even older than I and constantly being arrested for driving while intoxicated. Cheers!
    Well don't you just sound lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    None of those are worth driving 100 miles for except SXSW. The Salt Lick is far, far, far from the best Texas BBQ. It's the best in Austin but that's not saying a whole lot. Any place in Lockhart is clearly better, and probably half the medium-sized towns in Texas probably have a BBQ restaurant that is a lot better. Billy's in Bastrop, Cooper's in Llano/San Marcos, Vitek's in Waco. I mean come on. Barton Springs is really overcrowded and really nothing special. I know there's places in San Antonio that are practically the same. Barton Springs is famous in Austin because it's the only thing like it there. ACL is a music festival for potheads and other users of drugs. If this isn't you you'd probably need to be in your 40's to appreciate the other bands. West 360? I don't even know what this is supposed to mean? The only stuff West of 360 is a man-made lake which you can find in practically any big city in the country.

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 06:39 AM ----------

Break up with your girlfriend, it's not gonna work out anyway and you'll be glad you did in the end. A long-distance GF is a real drain on your social life going into college. I don't know anyone who was glad they did it. Also, don't pick up WoW again.
    Yawn. I'd issue a response, but I don't wanna steal the OP's thunder with an argument that will lead nowhere. Thanks for presenting another side of a story, I guess?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for taking so long to reply guys -

Np. And WoW is great for entertainment in college if you're short on cash or if you have a weird sleep schedule. I would always wake up at 8 am on weekends even if I had partied the whole night and, well, not many of my friends would be awake so I would play.

Good thing on getting the hang of college before thinking of picking WoW back up, btw.
    I think I might actually start up with GW2 whenever it comes up instead of WoW. I'd like to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Hahaha, well if I'm ever feeling extra rebellious, then I might take you up on that offer :P