15+ Year Old Account

Tons of new screens, originally from GamespotUK.

I swear I've seen all of those pictures before.

Amazing, the attention to detail is just...makes it even harder to wait for...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I swear I've seen all of those pictures before.
    Some of them I have seen before, but there are lots that are most definitely new, specifically the ones with the golem and the ones with the mesmer. I am sure there are more, but those specifically stuck out as new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Some of them I have seen before, but there are lots that are most definitely new, specifically the ones with the golem and the ones with the mesmer. I am sure there are more, but those specifically stuck out as new to me.
    Nah the ones with the golem surfaced earlier in the week. Nothing new here.

None of them are NEW NEW, however, some of them weren't really thrown around the community all that much. There's a few that were new to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not new, but still a very good reference.

I like the screenshots with the boobies.

Guild Wars 2 conventions are going to be fun.

Deleted
    Very nice stuff.

The graphics are amazing so don't get me wrong, but the game really needs to come out this year or they will have to push the release date back to do more to work on revamping the graphics engine once again to keep up.

Hardware and drivers are constantly being improved, games can stay in a great position graphically for years and year, just look at the popular FPS games and WoW that people play regardless of graphics updates. But GW2 is trying to be on the edge, and that is a position you can only maintain for so long before you have to update.
    Last edited by mmocb1023c3147; 2012-02-19 at 03:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alot of them were new to me, though I really started following this week so it's understandable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gw2fan View Post
    Very nice stuff.

The graphics are amazing so don't get me wrong, but the game really needs to come out this year or they will have to push the release date back to do more to work on revamping the graphics engine once again to keep up.

Hardware and drivers are constantly being improved, games can stay in a great position graphically for years and year, just look at the popular FPS games and WoW that people play regardless of graphics updates. But GW2 is trying to be on the edge, and that is a position you can only maintain for so long before you have to update.
    That is why they are going for a stylized painterly look and not hyper realistic. It will stand the test of time. Cell shaded and sprite based games usually look better than polygon 3d renders. Look at the earlier Final Fantasy games and then look to when it switched to polys in 7. The original 7 is painful to look at now, but was lauded for it's ground breaking graphics at the time. Final Fantasy 3(6 in japan) will still be visually appealing years from now because it was sprite based.

Quote Originally Posted by gw2fan View Post
    Very nice stuff.

You really contradicted yourself there by using WoW as an example. Blizzard and ANet do the exact same thing by releasing games that are stylized rather than realistic and still hold up long after release because they don't focus on pushing tech. This allows them to gain more customers because of the lower system requirements, is still pleasing to look at, and will still be pleasing to look at years down the road where realistic games released this year won't hold up.

Deleted
    Nice summary of amazing screenshots, thanks for sharing OP

I'm going to be really up front and not sugar coat it, I like the boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm going to be really up front and not sugar coat it, I like the boobs.
    Looking through pictures. Get to the bottom half.

OH. MY. GOD.

I can't wait to play this on max settings