Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Check the adams apple brah.

ITT: LOL ONLINE DATING NEVER GOES WELL LOOSER ROTFLMAOZ! I CANT EVEN MAKE A RELATIONSHOP WORK IRL HOW CUOLD AN OL ONE WORK?

On topic: The ever cliche 'be yourself' applies.

Folks when I say she's lovely I mean she has a lovely personality. She's pretty but I liked her a lot before even exchanging pictures. I guess why I made this is cause I was myself when we talked, but meeting people for the first time makes me a bit nervous, it feels easier for me to text than open my blabber

Anyway, thanks for the positive input.
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2012-02-19 at 03:02 PM.

Just bare in mind, she will most likely be very very nerveous

You need somewhere to go. Somewhere there's a nice, but comfortable atmosphere.

Example: A place like Tavolino's (http://www.tavolinorestaurant.us/ind...place/gallery/) is pretty much perfect for a first date. Good food, comfortable atmosphere, not terribly pricey, and the option is there if she wanted to have some wine should she feel up to it.

Don't forget to have an exit strategy in case she's been using pictures of her sister or friend or something. Anything will work really, from the subtle "oops I got an emergency phone call and have to go" (as during a date your phone should be on vibrate or ringer off, there's no knowing the difference to her) to the less tactful running out of the place screaming like a lunatic. The last one's good because it doesn't leave a lot to interpretation anyway.

Other than that just play it cool. You're going to have to be a little more on point because you're not going to have time to really think out and type responses to conversation, you're gonna have to be quick with it, but don't be any different with her than you have been. Be who you are and make sure she's comfortable enough to be who she is, and you'll see if anything clicks. (Might, might not, that's what dating is there to find out.)

Go get her champ.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had any real luck by dating online (given I was a kid, so I dunno if that counts), but I know a few friends that have started their dating online and have married or are soon to be. If you portrayed yourself as you actually are in those messages, just be yourself and she'll love it.

If you tried to put on a charade, then you may want to quit while you're ahead. I've known a lot of girls that don't have many nice things to say when they find out a guy they like/went out on a date with was completely different than what they originally portrayed themselves to be.

Don't draw fast conclusions.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Just go out and have a nice time, but dont get to exicted / worked up, people on these sites tend to use fake / out dated photos and their not what you expect
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    And as many says: A MMO fansite might NOT be the place you want tips
    A mmo fansite doesn't seem that odd place to ask about especially online dating considering how many people I know have or had a relationship that started over the game.

If anyone's wondering, we had a good time. Dunno if we'll be more than just friends, I'll take it slow this time and find out.

She's a great person and looks just like her pictures.

Have a great day everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to check for a penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be yourself, like everybody says. Hopefully while texting and such, you kept similar mannerisms as you do in real life. I used to meet girls from online all the time in the early 2000s. The one thing I learned is that the longer you know each other online, the harder it is when you first meet. I've met a few the same day from meeting online, those are always the most fun. But two weeks tops is best, depending on how often you chat. The trouble with knowing someone online for so long is that you probably already talked the shit out of everything you can talk about. It's best if you have some sort of activity planned. Thankfully, I live near Vancouver, BC, and there is tons of things to do.

Keep your expectations low if you wanna get surprised when everything goes good. Otherwise you'll be dissapointed
    The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org

10+ Year Old Account
    be yourself (obvious) be interested in a serious relationship (if you are ) don't date 20 girls online at once (so be honest) how confusing is it? I married the woman I met online in 2000 and it was the greatest decision I have ever made.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, be yourself and be a gentleman.

I have four friends who have met 'the one' via the internet. Three are married, one has kids now, and the last one lives with his internet boo.

Good luck out there.

Deleted
    A thread. Everyday

Ask her questions to get to know her, find out what she's into, throw in a few jokes, leave me your computers in your will.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This pretty much sums it up, no offense. No advice you get on a forum will help you with dating. If you can be yourself (hopefully you were online) then no advice or input from others is necessary. If you think you have to be different than what comes naturally, then it is doomed to fail regardless. And about the meeting online thing, it changes nothing. If anything that can actually make it easier to get to know each other enough to feel comfortable when you finally meet. No jitters online. But anyway, enjoy.
    So you're going for irony, I see.

I've dated a few girls I've met online, its not much different from the girls I've dated otherwise. Some are really crazy, some not so much. Have fun.
    Last edited by Lilcheeks; 2012-02-20 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    If anyone's wondering, we had a good time. Dunno if we'll be more than just friends, I'll take it slow this time and find out.

She's a great person and looks just like her pictures.

Have a great day everyone.
    I am glad you had a fab time and good luck for the future

P.S Ignore the trolls here..... for sooooo many reasons

Kidnap her

<Infracted> Post constructively, please.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-02-20 at 04:11 PM.