Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?..._detail&p=2988

I use that keyboard and mouse setup. They're both a bit cheaper (in price) than competition like Logitech and Razer, but there's no drop in quality. The Asus mouse actually came with my G73JH laptop, and I liked it so much that I bought a second one for my desktop.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FYI: The G110 is the daily deal on newegg. $54.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-Homepage2011
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Debating... Sidewinder x4 or G110 -_- ugh.
    Just get the cheapest membrane one you can find and save yourself $35 to something useful. The underlying technology of those keyboards is exactly the same, you're just paying stupid amounts for LEDs and a few extra buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Debating... Sidewinder x4 or G110 -_- ugh.
    Sidewinder is better reviewed and better liked. It's the only non-mechanical I would even recommend tbh.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Sidewinder is better reviewed and better liked. It's the only non-mechanical I would even recommend tbh.
    I've personally had much better luck with Logitech products than MS, but maybe that's just me.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I've personally had much better luck with Logitech products than MS, but maybe that's just me.
    Not only you. I would prefer a Logitech mouse or keyboard over a MS one every day. Especially the cheaper MS keyboards are awful***. But the Sidewinder X4 is the exception from the rule. The Sidewinder mice are also of decent quality, but i find their shape to be quite weird for my hands.

*** The computer shop i work in uses the "MS Wired Desktop 400" as the standard keyboard & mouse combo for nearly all the off-the-rack pcs. While the mouse is ok, i have never seen or felt a worse keyboard. It's like typing on a rubber foam. There is absolutely no tactile feedback, a very short down stroke and the keys wobble beneath your fingers as if they were made of jelly. Not to mention the awful build quality: Lettering wears off after a few dozen hours of use and they brake easily.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Not only you. I would prefer a Logitech mouse or keyboard over a MS one every day. Especially the cheaper MS keyboards are awful***. But the Sidewinder X4 is the exception from the rule. The Sidewinder mice are also of decent quality, but i find their shape to be quite weird for my hands.

*** The computer shop i work in uses the "MS Wired Desktop 400" as the standard keyboard & mouse combo for nearly all the off-the-rack pcs. While the mouse is ok, i have never seen or felt a worse keyboard. It's like typing on a rubber foam. There is absolutely no tactile feedback, a very short down stroke and the keys wobble beneath your fingers as if they were made of jelly. Not to mention the awful build quality: Lettering wears off after a few dozen hours of use and they brake easily.
    Yeah no doubt. To be clear I'm recommending the Sidewinder X4 specifically. The rest of their lineup is literally awful.

Deleted
    I got 150 Microsoft "Wireless Keyboard 2000 AES for Business" for our US offices - everyone is happy.

Anyway, I get a new Mouse Keyboard every year and right now I'm using the Logitech K120 and the Logitech G400 for WoW. I don't need a Backlight, Macro Keys or 12 Mouse Buttons. The G110/K120 share the same Switches and the G400 is a downgraded G500 so I would assume they are both good. I am very happy with my low price keyboard and the G400 is the best mouse I owned since the MX518.

I never tried a Keyboard with mechanical swiches. Some of my friends use the Steelseries G2v2 or the Razer BlackWidow. I might get one in the future but I dont like the G2v2 Layout (Return and \| Key) and Razer has a shitty build quality imho.

That's the reason why I stick with Logitech.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatta View Post
    and the G400 is a downgraded G500 so I would assume they are both good. I am very happy with my low price keyboard and the G400 is the best mouse I owned since the MX518.
    If you want a nice ego boost, there is nothing downgraded about the G400 from the G500. They are different sensor types, but the new G400's are the best mouse in logitech's lineup, from a technical standpoint. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    If you want a nice ego boost, there is nothing downgraded about the G400 from the G500. They are different sensor types, but the new G400's are the best mouse in logitech's lineup, from a technical standpoint. =)
    Yeah, I mean the G500 has all this fancy stuff and the G400 is basically an updated MX518. I would assume that the G500's Achilles heel is the mouse wheel.

The problem with gaming hardware is quality.
    Last edited by mmoc43e4b6c132; 2012-02-27 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatta View Post
    Yeah, I mean the G500 has all this fancy stuff and the G400 is basically an updated MX518. I would assume that the G500's Achilles heel is the mouse wheel.

The problem with gaming hardware is quality.
    Oddly enough it's actually the fact that the sensor can never achieve zero accel/zero prediction. G400 trumps it across the board.

I have that mouse.
    It broke after 2 years of abuse... by broke I mean the smoothness was eroded to hell.
    I liked to so much I went and bought the exact same mouse.
    What does that tell you about what I think about it?

As for the keyboard, I have a G11. I used to have a G15... but I traded it with my friend for this one because I preferred the blue LED lights.
    You'll never use the Micro Keys... I have 18 of them and they do sod all for me.

Logitech products are amazing. I highly recommend them.
    I used to have a regular mouse and keyboard... but now I've used Gaming sets... I'd never go back to generic.

Deleted
    I wouldn't recommend buying any Razer products. They feel very cheap, and they wear down fast IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I wouldn't recommend buying any Razer products. They feel very cheap, and they wear down fast IMO.
    Funny how I can say the exact same thing abt Logitech.. and the current razers i have are still looking the same/has no damage on them after a year of use(8-10 hours a day on average)
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2012-03-18 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I can say the same thing about logitech. Every Razer product I own has held up very well. Maybe it's because I take good care of my gaming stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    for shooter games its nice to have more dpi just for the aiming.
    extra buttons could be used to switch to shotgun fast or have inventoy items used on the fly.

now for mmo games like wow those extra buttons are going to be a totally different thing.
    i use a razer naga and a G15 keyboard myself.
    the razer naga gives me acces to all my attacks from 5 to =
    the 2 extra top buttons are used for my redirect middle for feign ect.

now the g15 keyboard gives me macro keys.
    and lets say you play a combat rogue with a good item level.
    your energy will cap allot if you don't spam that sinister strike button.
    hero makes this even worse!
    so to not get RSI or just a tired finger i use the closes macro key and make a macro that repeats the button 2.
    then i set it to repeat the macro while the butoon is held down.

so for mmo games it's allot of stuff you can do with macro's and extra mouse buttons.
    but for the avarage shooter game a mouse with better then avarage DPi will do.

( my mouse glows in the dark tho:P gtl backlighting!
    I use the same mouse/keyboard setup as you. I will say having all the G keys to the side and the naga, I feel like its a huge advantage for PVP/Raiding (for WoW Atleast.) I use a Logitech G5 mouse though when I play FPS, simply because I feel more comfortable shooting with it let alone the buttons to change sensitivity on the fly as needed. But for MMOs like WoW, I'd definitely suggest the Razor Naga and G110/G15 keyboard.

Find a product that suits your needs, irrespective of the brand.
    Ideally find a store where you can get hands-on with the product, which is particularly important with the mouse.

Agreed, Logitech does not make the "best" products around, ex. Headset G35 is good, but the padding to the ears on my pair is wearing off from normal use.

Now you're looking for a mouse and you've had the G500 in your view, and I use that, as an upgrade from the G5.
    I've never had a better mouse, and it fits me perfectly in my hand.

I've tried: Razer Deathadder
    Razer Mamba
    Razer Naga
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Logitech G5
    Logitech G500
    Logitech MX518
    ROCCAT Kone

And alot of "standard" mouses.

Now, if I were to recommend anything from my own perspective, the Logitech G500 is (for me) the best. I dislike Razers mouses, they feel cheap and are generally weird to work with for me. (I see the potential in Razer Naga with the hotkeys, but 3 keys on the side is plenty for me) The Cyborg takes a little time to get to know and handle, but in general it's a really good mouse and for me, on par with the G500.

ROCCAT Kone, stay away. I've seen far to many people complain about it "skipping" or not working as they wanted it to. This is also the experience I have had when I used it.

What you should do when buying a new mouse:

Go to a store! Most mouses comes in packages today where you can "feel" them, and hold them as you would normally. See if it fits your hand and if you like how you hold it. If not, don't buy that one.

Next, when you found the mouse you want, go home.
    Look it up on the internet, and read reviews. Go mainly from forums, tech forums and such. Don't go to these "review" sites where they tell you just how good this damn mouse is and exactly why you should buy it! They're written by people who gets money for promoting, or don't have a clue on what they're talking about.

Next, once you found THE ONE mouse you want, and have tested, and read about. Look it up again on the internet. This is where you find it cheapest. Stores are waaaay too expensive when it comes to this.

Hope you pick out the right mouse for your like.

DPA.

PS: Don't listen to jerks telling you, you can't play shooters with a G500. I do just fine on quite a high level in various MW games, CS etc.
    (Yes, im a shooter nerd who also happens to like WoW).

A gaming mouse allows for better precision and speed for FPS games. A gaming keyboard allows for the same with the added benefit of macro keys. Macro keys allow you to perform in-game actions that require multiple keys with just one key (once they are programed).

Deleted
    Having lots of shiny features on mice or keyboards does not make it a gaming product. It's just a way to drive up the price so they can cheap out on the rest. But ofc if you want to use macro keys you should buy a keyboard that has one.

Using a Steelseries 6Gv2 and absolutely loving it. Fast response to keypresses(action is registered at 50% of the way down), no annoying key-clicks(Cherry Black) like other mechanical keyboards and it's built like a tank.
    For a mouse I use the R.A.T. 7 purely for ergonomics, fits my hands nicely(adjustable) and can use ALL buttons on it without straining my hand or wrist. Tried a razer naga cause I was tempted by the amount of buttons, but couldn't reach half of them and the others uncomfortably. And same goes for the mouse as the keyboard: it's built like a tank. Had a Steelseries wow gaming mouse before and it was utter crap, not sweatresistant, buttons stopped "clicking" within a year, and regularly had to stop moving it cause my wrist was hurting. Haven't even had a little straining feeling after using the R.A.T. 7 for several months.

Btw telling people high dpi is useless is just wrong. At 800dpi it takes half my desk to get from bottom left corner on 1st monitor to topright corner of 4th monitor and lifting the mouse off the surface to cover more ground onscreen with less deskspace needed is a big ergonomic nono. So 3600DPI FTW!