Page 1 of 46
... LastLast

The Bushes Bar, Grill, and Taxidermist: The Ranger [Discussion]

Well as there is a dedicated Guardian thread, i figured other classes deserve the same as each one "seems" like it brings something viable to the table. The Ranger may appear to be a huntard in disguise but with the massive mobility they have and appearence to be more focused on sustained damage than full on burst it appears that their ability to control a fight might be pretty damn substantial. The grouping of a ranger with a guardian and a necromancer could be one of the most annoying trios to come across in a WvWvW environment!

Quote Originally Posted by Itikadi View Post
    Well as there is a dedicated Guardian thread, i figured other classes deserve the same as each one "seems" like it brings something viable to the table. The Ranger may appear to be a huntard in disguise but with the massive mobility they have and appearence to be more focused on sustained damage than full on burst it appears that their ability to control a fight might be pretty damn substantial. The grouping of a ranger with a guardian and a necromancer could be one of the most annoying trios to come across in a WvWvW environment!
    The ranger is a ranger in disguise, silly.
    You hurt my GW1 ranger's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The ranger is a ranger in disguise, silly.
    You hurt my GW1 ranger's feelings.
    heh i appologize but myself, like many many others, are coming over to GW2 from a WoW background.

Quote Originally Posted by Itikadi View Post
    heh i appologize but myself, like many many others, are coming over to GW2 from a WoW background.
    NO
    NO
    No

..no..
    /slap

All is forgiven.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I think this will the the teenage girl profession. Similar to the Night Elf Hunter combination.

played hunter in wow since closed beta and now its gonna be the ranger in gw2 yehaaa hope i can kite some mobs like in the good ol'times

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I think this will the the teenage girl profession. Similar to the Night Elf Hunter combination.
    I'm a teenage girl, I just lie on the internet about being a big black guy.
    This is why I have a hunter in WoW (though I don't play her) and I have a ranger in GW1 and will eventually be making one in GW2 (4th alt, is my guess)..
    Can't hide from your heart!

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    played hunter in wow since closed beta and now its gonna be the ranger in gw2 yehaaa hope i can kite some mobs like in the good ol'times
    In guild wars 2, MOBS kite YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I would like the clarify on the statement that most teenage girls are hunters/rangers, but not all hunters/rangers are teenage girls :P

Also, this- http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...charprofession

Seems the popular female player trio will be Elementalist, Ranger, and Mesmer in that order. Not surprising, really.

Teenage girls will just be panda warriors, because A) it's pandas and B) Some teenage pride about strong women.

In guild wars 2, MOBS kite YOU.
    This is so true, it's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Teenage girls will just be panda warriors, because A) it's pandas and B) Some teenage pride about strong women.

This is so true, it's scary.
    Yeah, there was a video that during one part a ranged mob was backing away from a melee character and trying to keep the melee at range, trying to move in a circular motion to get away from the melee.
    Not sure what video it was.

*rings Mif bell*

Yeah, there was a video that during one part a ranged mob was backing away from a melee character and trying to keep the melee at range, trying to move in a circular motion to get away from the melee.
    Not sure what video it was.

*rings Mif bell*
    I remember it had centaurs in it.

*rings Mif bell*
    Guess I'll get the cookies out...

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Guess I'll get the cookies out...
    I'll go get the poison...

Real mans play Hunter Ranger but not the Nightelf kind ;< Dwarfs ftw and well we will see what race i am going to pick in gw2 ;x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    I would like the clarify on the statement that most teenage girls are hunters/rangers, but not all hunters/rangers are teenage girls :P

Also, this- http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...charprofession

Seems the popular female player trio will be Elementalist, Ranger, and Mesmer in that order. Not surprising, really.
    Who cares what's "popular"? In Guild Wars 2, it won't matter as much as it does in other MMOs.

PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Who cares what's "popular"? In Guild Wars 2, it won't matter as much as it does in other MMOs.

PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE!
    That was incredibly unnecessary and out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post

PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE!
    I never said anyone should?... Calm down. I'm stating the fact that many women have already chosen to play those three, that's all.

So what's better than be taken for a teenager girl and own them in the battlefield? I'm going to be a Ranger.

Actually from that Consensus website thingy it shows the female players are flocking to Elementalist more then Ranger. Ranger is a solid 2nd, with 3th running really close to it.

Such a good start for the ranger discussion... and it even had a very weird but oddly cozy title.

Get back on topic already?

(No I won't be playing Ranger in GW2).