Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    uhm.
    not quite sure where you're getting all these "facts" from.

her range was nerfed a slight bit so she couldn't zone people as efficiently anymore.
    her damage was nerfed minimally.

that was about it.
    she's great at what she does but SHE TAKES SKILL TO PLAY. no it's not just about throwing out that ball.
    Well, that. And the fact that most people just play whatever is fotm. And great champions keep getting in the dark.

Deleted
    I guess her early game harass is fairly strong... but that's pretty much all she has going for her.

Yea, it's unfortunate that such a unique and fun champion is so inefficient in the current meta =(

She can be surprisingly effective even now, but yes, she is not as strong as she used to be. But to be fair, she was pretty ridiculous before.

10+ Year Old Account
    She can be surprisingly effective even now, but yes, she is not as strong as she used to be. But to be fair, she was pretty ridiculous before.
    I realize that she was pretty op before but that's no reason for her to be in the state that she's in. I'm not saying she's terrible, she's just very mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I realize that she was pretty op before but that's no reason for her to be in the state that she's in. I'm not saying she's terrible, she's just very mediocre.
    Its just Riot's way. Sometimes they nerf things appropriately, like Sona and Skarner. Sometimes they overdo it a little, like with Morde. Sometimes they overdo it A LOT, like with Eve. And then there are the things they ignore...

Its not a perfect process.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    And I find myself kind of underwhelmed. She is pretty fun to play and imo has some of the most interesting mechanics of any lol champion. But I just feel like for a character with such a high skill cap and learning curve that she really doesn't pay off much. I'd go as far to say that she is a bit underpowered.

Does anyone agree or am I just bad?
    Yeah, you shouldnt have done that

Have had her since she was powerful, and the nerfs or balances have really made her rather useless.. She can still work in my experience as a support on bot, doing the poke and shield dance.. But thats pretty much it, and there is still support Champs doing a better job than her at that

Now,she's nerfed but at beggining at level 6 there was a free kill against 80% of ap champions,now you can't make anything with her,viktor is better!

Orianna has a high skill cap and before the nerf she could zone people in lane hard. They lowered her range very slightly, last patch i think they even gave some of it back. The damage nerf was very small, kinda like the 0.1 nerf to cassio this patch. So she's basically not the bully she was in lane, but that doesn't mean she isn't one heck of an AP carry. She still does lots of damage and she still has all of her utility. People just jumped on the "OMG NERFED CHAMP IS USELESS" bandwaggon and abandoned her. Salce still plays Orianna even after the nerf and he does very very well. I believe she was played in the curse tournament too. So she's by no means underpowered. She just feels UP because people are used to her bullying people around in lane. If you adapt your playstyle to a more defensive one early on i believe you can make the most out of her.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Yea, it's unfortunate that such a unique and fun champion is so inefficient in the current meta =(
    I distinctly remember someone playing Orianna in IEM Kiev.
    "insufficient" my ass. she has strong farm, great harass, slow/speed boost and a shield together with a knock back ultimate.

Deleted
    She's indeed very unique champion and fun to play. I think the auto attack range nerf hurt her too much and haven't really been playing her all that much now. Shame really.

Deleted
    I've played her for a really long time very effectively, but she is in a really bad state right now and so I don't play her anymore for the simple reason that almost every other hero can do what she can do better. It's a sad state of affairs.